Armour Suggestions

Armour Suggestions

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

My Ele’s ideally going to hit 80 over the holidays and I’m wondering what a good choice would be for armour. Should I be going full survival with something like Clerics, glassing it with Zerkers or the middle ground with something like Knights or Valkyies? I currently like using conjures, mostly for fun, and feel I want to focus on something that’s direct damage.
While you’re at is, got any general rune ideas?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Armour Suggestions

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

In general it’s a safe bet to mix berserker and soldier based on how much you need survivability. Plus it’s easier to tweak later as swapping 6 soldier bits to berserker is much easier than swapping 12 valkyrie bits.

As for runes, opal orbs or beryl orbs are a very cheap yet effective option but I don’t really know what’s best.

Armour Suggestions

in Elementalist

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

i go support staff with full celestial but you might not want to take the time to make celestial. i feel better on elementalist with all stats adding to my performance
edit: i also run 30 fire for extra power and god traits

(edited by sanictoofast.9317)

Armour Suggestions

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

You can’t really go wrong with a set of soldier’s armor. It may not always be optimal, but it gives you decent attack and decent survivability. When you start gathering ascended trinkets, you could then add some berserker or clerics there, based on wheter you want more offense or defense.

Note: berserker items (or rather: critical damage) varies in power per equipment slot. In general, it’s better to get soldier’s on armor and berserker on trinkets, than vice versa.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Armour Suggestions

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thor Rising.7850

Thor Rising.7850

I personally like celestial trinkets, most stats possible and eles use them all. For armor I run berserker for easy stuff, and substitute my chest and legs for pvt for harder content. Ruby orbs or scholar runes for best pve dps. Scholar is better if you’re over 90% hp more than 25% of the time.

Armour Suggestions

in Elementalist

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

For what (WvW, dungeons/fractals, world event farming)?

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Armour Suggestions

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

For what (WvW, dungeons/fractals, world event farming)?

General use to find my legs in a level 80 environment. So everywhere but fractals. Looking for usable over optimal.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Armour Suggestions

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

If you want to be sure not to make a mistake with your gear selection, then go full zerker.

Use ruby orbs or scholar runes with that.