As requested by the 4 eles from last night

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

It’s not hard at all to achieve. Like I told all of you focus on one main area and keep improving your build over time and with experience from duels against various professions.

Edited: To have the build link up here http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmIbzR5wjEIEFmAKMKECiHWgDwhlCzAA-jEDBoLA4LgUgAEBgZPDZMBKqVNFRjVXDT5SIV7Ky2bCZmcRVKgKGDA-w

Attachments:

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

30 air
20 water
10 arcana

10 points missing

??

You don’t even have that much crit dmg yet you nuke incredibly hard…

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Possibly 10 in Earth for the extra 10% dmg?

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Well I discarded one of the 4 burst builds I use a week ago. I use only 3 now. This one is my second favorite and it is indeed 0/30/10/20/10 but I like to use earth embrace trait just for those warriors that can stun lock you to death once you run out of stun breakers.

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

Still trying to grasp that combination of stats you use to get those totals. I use PVT/Divinity gear, Knight/Charged Quartz Jewelry and Zerker weapons and I come close but you have me beat by 20% on crit Dmg, 5% off on crit, and around 200 power but are around 100 off in Toughness to what I got.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Still trying to grasp that combination of stats you use to get those totals. I use PVT/Divinity gear, Knight/Charged Quartz Jewelry and Zerker weapons and I come close but you have me beat by 20% on crit Dmg, 5% off on crit, and around 200 power but are around 100 off in Toughness to what I got.

He’s also got 25 stacks of bloodlust up, the buff from Earth Scepter 2 up, 80 toughness from Earth minor, and two nourishments up. Don’t forget to take that into account if you’re comparing stats!

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

I did take those things into account.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Bovinity.8610

I did take those things into account.

Lies. kitten Blackgate people!

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

That head piece doesn’t look too bad on an E.T character esp. when it is white. It looks terrible on every thing else I look at :/

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

That was one of the two reasons why these 4 eles requested for me to post this picture. They wanted to figure it out by themselves without me linking or telling them. The traits and trinkets(except the back piece) are given. The runes I use too if you look carefully at the stats. All that is left is the armor and wep set stats. Hint: my burst builds are a mix of 4 different gears now. Also for those 4 eles the consumables I used last night for our duels aren’t the same as the ones I was using when I took this screenshot… So you did to consider that too :P.
P.S: To the few ppl that I have linked my entire gear in game chat please don’t spoil it.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

91% crit damage, dam, that WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Full Rampagers

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Hey do you mind sending me a private message with the gear setup you have, to not spoil it for others? I’ve been trying to regear my ele for a while now and I’m not sure what direction to go or if the celestial stats are worth it. Your stat setup is close to what I’m aiming for. Thanks

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

Wow nice stats seems very balanced. The stats i run come close to what you have. And btw nice gear looks like you really put alot of work in it. Keep up the good work

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raghken.1485

Raghken.1485

I’d really appreciate finding out the full gear setup as I really can’t seem to figure it out. It looks like a really good stat distribution so I’d really like to know if you wouldn’t mind. Thanks.

Seafarer’s Rest

Fitheall – Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Congrats on getting meteorologicus! I plan on going for that eventually when I have a bit more time and whatnot.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Got similiar stats with 10 less power and 23 less toughness but with 14 more precision and 57 more vitality.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Congrats on getting meteorologicus! I plan on going for that eventually when I have a bit more time and whatnot.

Thank you!. Originally I went for and obtained the incinerator because i was mainly a d/d ele for both pve and pvp. Then I realized how much better the scepter legendary looked and I was getting a bit good with the s/d wep set so I sold the incinator and started over. It went fast because I bought all the t6 mats and it only took me like 5 days to get the rest for this legendary, still made like 600g of profit haha. After I got meteorologicus I just force myself to get better with s/d in pvp :P

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Got similiar stats with 10 less power and 23 less toughness but with 14 more precision and 57 more vitality.

Fantastic! that’s very close! what about your crit dmg?

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Same.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Same.

Sweet! you nuke players too!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

i guess divinity runes (cuz of 160cond dmg) and the shorts are Zheds leggins? (the other named shorts wouldnt make sense imo)

idk if you transmuted meteo, but i guess not so its PTV

armor i guess is a mix, of knights, soldiers, berserkers and… sentinel?

Reaper – Anguîsh

(edited by Shakki.3219)

in Elementalist

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Well, grats.

That’s some impressive combo of stats, even accounting being in WvW.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

the trick here is probably to use “%of toughness converts to power” consumables/runes + earth scepter 2 on + earth trait 5 while screenshot taken in earth.
The gear would be a lot easier to guess without consumables and outside earth attunement.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

what im wondering: with that amount of precision, you should have ~45% crit chance.

crit-sigil?

as for the rest:
the jewelery is obvious: Zerk-Amulet, Zerk/Valk-Rings, Zerk-Earstuff. I guess backpack is Zerk too cause everything else would be dumb given its crit-damage-to-stat-ratio.

with divinity-runes, ptv-scepter and zerker-dagger i get exactly 91% crit damage.

btw, the displayed magic find comes from the account-wide achievement based magic find (dont have gw2 on this pc so i cant check)?

screw this. this is the closest thing to your build i got:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArIIAIKAAgRhOEPAAAAKFAA-j0CBYLgoLAEEgEBAZPKqJQCjVNFRjVXDT5SIV7KyWyFRrWIAZjBA-w
never managed to get the numbers for P/Pr/T/Vit right…always like 2 or 3 pts difference.
edit: for some reason it doesnt save the 25 stacks…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Elementalist

Bovinity.8610

what im wondering: with that amount of precision, you should have ~45% crit chance.

crit-sigil?

Heh, was just thinking the same thing while running it through a build calc. Came up with the exact same amount of Precision but 45% crit, so figured a sigil was at work.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Thank you!. Originally I went for and obtained the incinerator because i was mainly a d/d ele for both pve and pvp. Then I realized how much better the scepter legendary looked and I was getting a bit good with the s/d wep set so I sold the incinator and started over. It went fast because I bought all the t6 mats and it only took me like 5 days to get the rest for this legendary, still made like 600g of profit haha. After I got meteorologicus I just force myself to get better with s/d in pvp :P

Hahaha what advice would you have to someone going for that weapon relatively from scratch? All I have right now is the 77 mystic clovers (256 tries so I have a decent amount of T6 mats) and the gift of mastery should be done by the time I’d get everything else, still waiting on a color switch for WvW completion, and getting a character with 200 skill points, but I’m not worried. The thing that concerned me the most was the charged lodestones, so I think I’ll probably start running CoE all the time pretty soon.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Hahaha what advice would you have to someone going for that weapon relatively from scratch? All I have right now is the 77 mystic clovers (256 tries so I have a decent amount of T6 mats) and the gift of mastery should be done by the time I’d get everything else, still waiting on a color switch for WvW completion, and getting a character with 200 skill points, but I’m not worried. The thing that concerned me the most was the charged lodestones, so I think I’ll probably start running CoE all the time pretty soon.

O yes! I loved going for the mystic cloves i failed so many times the 10 clovers recipe but i was happy every time I failed because I usually got a lot of the t6 mats haha. When I went for the incinerator i got most of them like this the rest I just took my time farming. With the gold I gained from selling my incinerator i bought all 100 charged lodestones (don’t quite recall if that was the exact amount needed for Meteorologicus but the point is I bought them all) the precursor and the t6 mats ….spent a bit over 1500g but still made great profit. I would strongly recommend instead of farming coe for the lodestones, farm cof p1 to obtain a lot of gold and then buy the lodestone. The reason is because you can spend the entire day farming coe without getting a single charged lodestone drop whereas if you spend around 2 hrs farming cof p1 speed runs you can buy around 7 or more charged lodestones per days. Also if you cof p1 and p2 daily with all your alts, you gain a lot of tokens and with those tokens you can buy the weps and try it on the mystic forge to get your precursor. That’s how I got spark when I went for the incinerator.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

crit-sigil?

Heh, was just thinking the same thing while running it through a build calc. Came up with the exact same amount of Precision but 45% crit, so figured a sigil was at work.

That is correct!

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

crit-sigil?

as for the rest:
the jewelery is obvious: Zerk-Amulet, Zerk/Valk-Rings, Zerk-Earstuff. I guess backpack is Zerk too cause everything else would be dumb given its crit-damage-to-stat-ratio.

with divinity-runes, ptv-scepter and zerker-dagger i get exactly 91% crit damage.

btw, the displayed magic find comes from the account-wide achievement based magic find (dont have gw2 on this pc so i cant check)?

screw this. this is the closest thing to your build i got:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArIIAIKAAgRhOEPAAAAKFAA-j0CBYLgoLAEEgEBAZPKqJQCjVNFRjVXDT5SIV7KyWyFRrWIAZjBA-w
never managed to get the numbers for P/Pr/T/Vit right…always like 2 or 3 pts difference.
edit: for some reason it doesnt save the 25 stacks…

That is extremely close! very well done!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Only 10 in the arcana traitline. That has to hurt. :P
Very nice stats thoug

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in Elementalist

Ptolomy.6984

Actually 10 in arcana with scepter isnt that bad. If you get used to it it wont feel that long.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I’ve been running a dps ele with PVT armor, scholar runes, zerker rings, cav acessories & backpeice. I’ve also been using D/D for teh lulz on those that don’t know how to dodge. Even those for those that do know how to dodge LF to close range then RTL + Updraft is still mean. Then you run your fire burst, string you earth CC while stacking might, switch to air static discharge, and finally slap them with 2k+ auto attacks. If that doesnt work RTL away

Anyways, 0/30/0/20/20 build. Your build seems a fair bit better, might have to look at changing my set up.

Please excuse any grammar errors my phone hates these forums.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Actually 10 in arcana with scepter isnt that bad. If you get used to it it wont feel that long.

Indeed, especially if you were using fresh air. I run a 10 arcane build most of the time without fresh air and it is fine (focus offhand reinforces this a bit with its slow cds)

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Update: One out of the 4 eles figured it out perfectly, the other 3 came very close. I have received a whole lot of mails and whispers in game and personal messages through here asking me about the gear, runes, sigils, and consumables i use to get these stats so I figured I’ll just share it. Here you go:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmIbzR5wjEIEFmAKMKECiHWgDwhlCzAA-jEDBoLA4LgUgAEBgZPDZMBKqVNFRjVXDT5SIV7Ky2bCZmcRVKgKGDA-w

Note: This calculator is not completely accurate but this is what I had when I took this screenshot. Just add 250 more power with bloodlust. for an op 3400 attack! . Now go nuke players and have them whispers you that you have been reported because they think you hack and others raging at you because they believe you are glass cannon…On the positive side once you are accustomed to the build and if you solo roam you will receive a lot of duel requests for 1v1 2v2 and so on. You will also make a lot of friends from the opposite servers. The build is great for solo/group roaming and when rolling with the zerg. The only difference you may want to make when running with the zerg is replace arcane blast for armor of earth. Here’s something fun I like to do; Pop rock barrier (don’t use hurl) and armor of earth and jump right in the middle of the entire zerg, quickly burst 1-5 players down with earth and fire skills and rtl out or finish one with mist form. Head back to your zerg and heal!. or you can nuke those players that are a bit separated from their zerg.

Also if you are bored and want to simply troll a zerg do the following: Solo approach the zerg, head on without fear! Once you are close enough dodge, to avoid get in combat mode, execute mist form and waypoint. I have been doing that a lot lately towards Dragonbrand and sor zergs and they have been getting really mad at me with so much angry sentences. Ele is so much fun! Enjoy!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

DoH! that’s what I’ve came up with, I was surprisingly close!
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmkbzRywjEIEFmAKMKECiHWgDwhlCzAA-jUyAorASfAICgZvImAHyaVrIasKbMlrQq2NyCBMaMA-w

Yours is better, as your food is much cheaper!

in Elementalist

Ptolomy.6984

Indeed, especially if you were using fresh air. I run a 10 arcane build most of the time without fresh air and it is fine (focus offhand reinforces this a bit with its slow cds)

Exactly ive never had more points in arcana than 10 and ive never had a problem with it. Imo it is just getting used to is and the remaining points cam be put to good use

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wenrolio.8063

Wenrolio.8063

Well, here is what I came up with. Pretty different approach. Just a hair less power though. It does get some bonuses from the sigil of force and 6th eagle rune though:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArIIQIKMBUYUIEEPsAHgDLFmBA-j0yAoLA8FIBBgKAm+SW+LoJwIW4KiGrqGQZjpdXUtUAVMGA-w

The rampager head and feet can be changed, but I left it where I got it to before I saw the actual build link.

Asuran -Engineer, Elementalist, Necromancer, Mesmer, and underlevel Ranger

in Elementalist

Myst.5783

I did a comparison of my build to yours, not that much difference TBH.

Attachments:

JQ

(edited by Myst.5783)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vukovic.9320

Vukovic.9320

Yeah same thing here.
Popped on some nourishment to get similar.

If I were to add 25 stacks of Bloodlust would be 160 less attack
Atm 186 less armor , 104 more while channeling
+ 641 HP
45% Crit chance without the Sigil
+ 9 crit% Damage

Would love to know your traits, I also do 0/30/10/20/10

Attachments:

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

I like the look of your ele! and that scepter was my favorite prior of me getting Meteorlogicus. I still use that skin for my scepter that I do bloodlust stacks. Wish my asura was taller to have all weps look even more epic. I’m so jelly of the human race.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Exactly ive never had more points in arcana than 10 and ive never had a problem with it. Imo it is just getting used to is and the remaining points cam be put to good use

Yea I never considered the arcane tree to be a “must” when it comes to burst builds. However for other type of builds it does come very helpful. That is why my 3rd favorite build has 0 in arcana and my number one favorite burst build only has 5 points in it.

in Elementalist

Myst.5783

I like the look of your ele! and that scepter was my favorite prior of me getting Meteorlogicus. I still use that skin for my scepter that I do bloodlust stacks. Wish my asura was taller to have all weps look even more epic. I’m so jelly of the human race.

Thank you.

Thats why I bound my incinerator on a near max height human. ;3

I love the emberglow, it really goes good with my legend. Its too bad that if i want max burst I have to use my secondary dagger as I’m scared to transmute my precious shiny.

JQ

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

Hey all. Was playing around with different combinations that didn’t rely on Divinity runes. Here’s what I came up with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhImKbyx0QlEIEFmAKMKECiHWgDwhlCzAA-jkzAYLA0FIBBgIAm9mGbCMItho1HCSjIsKbMlLg2dR127gZyXUtUAVMGA-w

Has a little more power/attack and health, but has a little less prec/crit and healing power. Thoughts?

in Elementalist

Bovinity.8610

Also, how much friggin’ toughness do you need to survive an opener from a glass thief, heh.

1700 toughness and 18.5k hp and I still almost get downed instantly from an opening combo if I don’t see it coming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Mine isn’t too far off from yours. A little less power and crit damage, but I have my 40% boon duration. I have to use a PVT weapon cause of the Incinerator (too scared to transmute it) but with a P/P/CD weapon I have 92% crit damage.

Attachments:

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Ok guys I shared this build in order for interested eles to burst others players… except me!. Today while I was taking a camp finishing the last npc, an ele from DB (won’t mention his name but I got my eyes on him O.O) got me from my blind spot with one of the most devastating burst combo the ele possess(chunning earth+LF, air attunement, air 2, 2 arcane skills) instantly downed me in one second while my hp started at 100%.. He then sent me a party invite and said “the student has surpass the master” lol. This is worst than getting ambushed by a full glass cannon thief. At least a squishy thief will give away his ambush by using his stone elite skill first or take 2 seconds to burst me down if I don’t react by then. This ele was using this build except his replaced mist form for arcane wave and the weapon sigil to superior sigil of battle.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Also, how much friggin’ toughness do you need to survive an opener from a glass thief, heh.

1700 toughness and 18.5k hp and I still almost get downed instantly from an opening combo if I don’t see it coming.

You are probably reacting the wrong way when a full glass cannon thief ambushes you. If they get me with a backstab it will take from 60-70% off my health with that single skill. Your initial reaction is more likely to dodge and try to heal which is a big mistake because it leaves you vulnerable. Most full zerk thieves will start going nuts spamming heartseeker right after they got you with a backstab to finish you off. If you try to heal during that moment he will outburst your heal or down you before your heal even finish casting. I find like 3 different ways to counter them. One is to give your self some distance with lightning flash/rtl then heal or casting mist and have them waste some of their initiatives and then burst them down or dodge and immediately switch to air attunement to updraft. With a burst build they will melt with 3-4 hits max and those hits you can accomplish in one sec with instant cast skills.

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Ptolomy.6984

Lol nice breakdown i just react instinctively dunno what i do but them thieves picked the wrong ele to mess with. I think fighting thieves more helps as it makes countering them kinda like a reflex:p At least thats what happened with me

in Elementalist

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I run a comparable build gear wise, but for staff. I just drop toughness down (since I am at range and good at avoiding damage) and keep my health at shy of the 20k mark with guard stacks.

Obviously spec is different as 20 arcane is needed for blasting staff. It is also a little gimmicky because I focus on spiking low health targets, finishing downs, and keeping blobs back on their heals.

2451 power with stacks / 112% crit damage.

Depending which food, base crit before fury at 42% or 37% (with base power at 2651 after first kill.. run that food often when i know there will be large fights constantly)