Ascended Armor

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bhuego.6493

Bhuego.6493

Hit 500 tailoring and starting the road to an ascended set, but I wanted to hear which set everyone else would get before I get too deep into Wupwup (Celestial [+All stats]) and wish I went into something else. I feel wupwup highlights an ele’s versatility while giving a player the most stats for their coin. However, I see other sets and I just don’t know if I’m making the best choice.

tl;dr – what ascended armor set should I craft?

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

celestial armor is a good choice

Bad Elementalist

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Celestial is what i’m going for. You can use your jewlery to make up for whatever your build is lacking. Rings and crap are easy and inexpensive to get anyway.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Celestial since i need it for WWW and also i need a non-zerk alt or those few pve situations needing it.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Is Celestial better than Knight’s for wvw?

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Is Celestial better than Knight’s for wvw?

Define better.

Celestial will give overall more stats but it’s a balance of every stat.. You’ll get more crit damage too than with knight.

Knights will give much more toughness, I think a bit more power and precision as well. But you will loose crit damage and vitality, and then Healing Power and condi damage too of course. I guess it depends on your build?

Hoping the build calculators will be updated with ascended stuff soon.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: kythor.7650

kythor.7650

Maybe Celestial armor pieces and use the accessories for more dynamic stats? Since it’s cheaper to change those than the stats on armor.

I think the damage you do in full Celestial will be really bad.

Kyriel Hadraniel [GWAM]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by kythor.7650)

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aphrodyte.9354

Aphrodyte.9354

Celestial armor is good on paper but u will lack power anyway and even more if u’re playing without points in Fire.

Having critical damage is nice but power is slightly better.

in my opinion taking 20 pts in water and 30pts in arcana is pretty defensive build already and don’t need celestial stuff. Celestial would be ok for a pretty offensive build with 25 or 30pts in fire when u’re able to stack the power stat enough to get return from critical damage.

assuming 90% of the pvp/mvm ele are playing defensive build already i would prefer a mix between cavalier / knight / soldier / zerk

Nyphen Lvl 80 Mesmer on Fort Ranik
footage : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a55qTgKDG7Q

(edited by Aphrodyte.9354)

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Bhuego.6493

Okay, then Aphrodyte, seeing that Ascended armor is really expensive / time consuming to get, what would you build? Just different pieces of each type, if so what exactly?

Thank you everyone for your input, I’m still leaning towards celestial and might have the first piece tomorrow XD

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

My Elementalist will be my first profession to gear in Ascended since every little bit helps. I was leaning between Knights/soldiers or Celestial for WvW Staff/scepter play with Trinkets filling in stats that I feel I lack. Celestial is nice to be able to swap builds based on Healing support or Conditions or direct dmg or tank but seems to always lack. So Idk, I’m going to keep watching these threads to get some good gear advice. Celestial always seems like the safer bet though.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Celestial stats are best out on armor helm, legs, chest in that order then finally weapons.

Celestial armors value totally depends on how YOU value the defensive stats.

I’m on a plane I can go more in depth later.

Or look up on gw2 reddit for defensive stats in build making[math].

Very good read. Celestial is comparable to soldier and knights pieces.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: InFluEnZa.6908

InFluEnZa.6908

Eles from top WvW guilds run celestial because they can get the missing power from guard leech and might from allies and at the same time benefit from the survivability the set gives; if you just casually do WvW with random commanders, then it’s better to get a good mix of knight/soldier/berserker. The direct damage on celestial is so pitiful it’s not worth running outside of organized play unless you mix it with soldiers/berserkers.

[DnT]Adi

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I’m kinda shocked to see how expensive this new armor is… I wanted to have 2 sets but together they can seriously reach up to 400g + lots of materials farmed.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dweia Tulenhenki.8127

Dweia Tulenhenki.8127

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Exotic → ascended weapons is about weapon strength not stats.

Exotic→ ascended armor is about the defense rating not so much the stats.

In a PvP environment like WvW it’s minimal on a fight outcome

{Thief}

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Going full celestial is a mistake. You get more stats but you are losing power.
Using a few celestial pieces for trinkets or armor can work very well however.

It’s the overall stats that count anyway. Doesn’t matter what the stats on the armor are, what matter is the sum of your stats after when you mix it with trinkets.

This is why a legendary weapon is so great: change your build to a more offensive one then change your staff to vitality/toughness to balance the stats, etc.

Im using half berserker/valkyrie armor, defensive/celestial trinkets, offensive build (0/30/0/20/20) and defensive stats on Bifrost.

Overall my meteors crit at 4-5k with a few stacks of might and with my stacks of guard defense and food I have 22,500hp (took me a year to optimize my stats, they are quite epic… – all ascended except armor)

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Overall my meteors crit at 4-5k with a few stacks of might and with my stacks of guard defense and food I have 22,500hp (took me a year to optimize my stats, they are quite epic… – all ascended except armor)

Could you perhaps link this build, particulary the armor and runes? I’m trying to think through a good, balanced staff elementalist build for WvW, and it appears you may have nailed it.

Thanks in advance.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

Could you perhaps link this build, particulary the armor and runes? I’m trying to think through a good, balanced staff elementalist build for WvW, and it appears you may have nailed it.

Thanks in advance.

I need to redo it since the patch. Add me as a friend and PM me in game and link my gear and tell you my build.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Wiseman.4075

Going full celestial is a mistake. You get more stats but you are losing power.
Using a few celestial pieces for trinkets or armor can work very well however.

It’s the overall stats that count anyway. Doesn’t matter what the stats on the armor are, what matter is the sum of your stats after when you mix it with trinkets.

This is why a legendary weapon is so great: change your build to a more offensive one then change your staff to vitality/toughness to balance the stats, etc.

Im using half berserker/valkyrie armor, defensive/celestial trinkets, offensive build (0/30/0/20/20) and defensive stats on Bifrost.

I’m curious what your overall stats are siting at? I’ve been trying to find a good balanced build for staff myself and though I like the idea of celestial, I like the idea of making small tweeks and adjustments using various armor/trinket stats rather than going deep into celestial primarily as it is expensive and time gated. I’ve been thinking, rather than celestial, going with Valkyrie/knights Armor with Cavalier trinkets. I figure I can swap the trinkets in and out with condition/tanky/dps depending on the situation.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Wiseman.4075

So I played around with the build editor for awhile trying to get near the stats that I personally want. What I found was using Full celestial armor versus a mix of armor stats the celestial looked better. With the set up with full Celestial armor there was a loss of 100 points in power and 60pts in armor but a gain of 2% crit chance (not much I know), 210 health, 147healing, 147 condition dmg, 11% crit dmg. So for me personally…I think I have convinced myself to go full Celestial Armor for my build personally. I play a balanced staff build so it looks rather nice.

My final stats with my celestial armor build were:
Atk: 2863
Crit: 29
Armor: 2903
Health: 17215
Conddmg: 347
+Critdmg: 63%
Healing: 447

If you include the 25 stacks of Precision from weapon plus 100 Power/condition dmg and 250 vitality bonus from the guard killer/defense buff I feel the build would be siting comfortable.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Attack is a useless stat weapon strength + power

In game damage is weapon strength*power*skill coefficient/ target armor.

Nothing in game is calculated by attack except attack. Your tool tips are based off the damage formula with a 2600 armor target.

Why it’s better to state what your power is. People can then suggest if you could squeeze more damage out.

About celestial. Celestial Gear – A Comparison

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1bxscy/celestial_gear_a_comparison/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1kigzm/a_comparison_of_defensive_gear_in_build_making/

There are more on reddit but those are 2 good ones. Especially the second one since that is usually why people take celestial when they do is looking for defensive stats.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Wiseman.4075

I really wish all the theory crafting stuff made more sense to me. lol

So it is recommended to use celestial stats on helm, leg, chest and weapon to get the most out of it and the rest of the armor dependent on what stats you are most interested in or lacking in?! It is my understanding the crit dmg stats are best on trinkets but would that include celestial? I am super curious if anyone can understand this crazy theory craft stuff.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I really wish all the theory crafting stuff made more sense to me. lol

So it is recommended to use celestial stats on helm, leg, chest and weapon to get the most out of it and the rest of the armor dependent on what stats you are most interested in or lacking in?! It is my understanding the crit dmg stats are best on trinkets but would that include celestial? I am super curious if anyone can understand this crazy theory craft stuff.

:) it’s ok just remember most theorycrafting is pve focused but can give you good rules to follow on gear choices to get the most bang for your buck.

The crit dmg is best on trinkets but not celestial.

Look at it like what stat I am currently looking for. Look at your overall stats and if you say you want crit dmg then on trinkets go for crit dmg trinkets that aren’t celestial because they give more crit damage then celestial trinkets.

Or you want crit dmg you can go celestial helm, pants, or coat since crit damage is the best for those pieces.

Look at celestial stat ring then look at celestial coat. The coat gives you more all stats and same crit damage. So you grab a celestial coat and get a specialized ring.

It can seen confusing but essentially it boils down to you asking yourself what stats you want to improve, and then grabbing the gear piece that improves those stat the most with out sacrificing to much of another stat you find important. I enjoy theorycrafting and I do WvW mostly but I remember it isn’t law because PvP is different than pve.

Just remember you don’t have to get celestial items it really comes down to how much you value the defensive stats on celestial when assessing your stats.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Micro Hard.3601

Micro Hard.3601

Exotic to Ascended Berserker! I want my extra 2% dmg!

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

Wiseman and Oghier, I’ve added both of you as friend in game. Whisper me and I’ll see how I can help with your stats.

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Guys, come on.

Ascended celestial armor is fine, just don’t also use celestial trinkets.

I like cavalier trinkets for the mix of survivability and damage. Celestial armor rounds out my build efficiently.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Bhuego.6493

So does ascended celestial with berserker trinkets sound okay? If the main complaint on celestial is lack of damage does berserker trinkets make up for it?

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

Yea would it be better to have celestial armor and the beserker trinkets or the other way around, beserker armor and celestial trinkets?

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

celestial armor/weapons + zerker trinkets (or any trinket with crit damage and the stats you need to make your build)

Ascended Armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

in my opinion

You should have bolded this part too.

Celestial’s effectiveness isn’t the damage it provides, but the smaller cost for the defensive stats you gain compared to other using other sets and allows you to easily spread stats. If all you’re looking for is damage, there’s nothing else to look at besides zerker.

For example, you will give up 182 power if you change full ptv to celestial, but you gain 147 healing power, 147 precision, 19% crit damage and lose 88 toughness and vit. You can then min max around the additional stats such as the precision you gain. Did the precision put you over a sweet spot? You can turn one of your zerkers pieces into valks or a knight piece into soldiers.

What if you went from full knights to celestials? You only give up 88 power. This isn’t a really huge literal loss of power as you put it and you get a ton of crit damage to boot.

You can also consider other sources of stats such as might and sigil stacks to make up for the loss of power. Celestial isn’t for everyone because it requires much more min-maxing with specific goals in mind to get the most out of it.