Asking For Help With Learning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Hiya again. So this time I would like to ask anyone out there who likes to teach if they are willing to spend a lil bit of time helping me learn my class.

No TS (TeamSpeak) or an actual teaching session or anything like that. I would just like it if anyone would enjoy setting a little time here and there to maybe fight with me or just chat with me ingame (whatever you enjoy more) and offer ideas and improvements for me.

I am aware that I could just go practice in pvp or just ask in chat (have attempted both) but I would really like if someone or even more than one would be willing to help me out on a more personal level. Last year I ran into a guardian from an enemy server in WvW while using my own guardian. After fighting and losing horribly, he offered to spar with me and teach the class to me for a while and it was extremely fun and I learned a ton about my guardian. I am hoping to run into another helpful player but with elementalist this time since I am very interested in this class.

PM me ingame or you can reply here if you are interested. BTW this is nothing serious. Just some fun learning for me is all. Thanks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Hi Gizmo.

I suggest you tell this forum which area of the game you want to focus. AFAIK, the ele has different setups in all 3 different game modes and even within each game mode.

Secondly, could you tell us what troubles you exactly ? Do you get stomped in sPvP ? Are dungeons bullying you ? Or do you want us to teach you how to roam in WvW as an ele ?

Sadly my area of expertise in only PvE (the only game mode I enjoy) and I do understand the basic concepts of zerging and roaming as an ele though I almost never practiced it.

Edit : a good place to start

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

(edited by VodCom.6924)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

I can certainly show you certain things about the elementalist that is great to learn early in its development. My signiture has my in-game names, along with this account name. Friend me and pm whenever im online and id be happy to help you.

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

in Elementalist

Zavve.8205

Oh ya I forgot to mention things like that.

Well I do enjoy pve a ton. I usually avoid dungeons unless a friend is online to keep me from getting kicked lol (I tend to die alot). I would like to do dungeons more but that is an issue dealing more with finding someone ‘nice’ to do them with lol.

I also enjoy WvWvW but I was usually just following a tag with a staff. I just now started trying Scepter/Dagger because I want to start doing small scale and I guess roaming but I still run when I see other players if I am alone lol.

I avoid spvp because that is just asking for trouble.

BTW thx for the link.

in Elementalist

Zavve.8205

Thanks a ton. I added you both so hopefully we can find some time this week!

in Elementalist

Zavve.8205

Okay so I happened to run into some other players today and to keep it simple, it was painful. So I am going to try dagger/dagger this time. Seems like that would help with dealing a bit more damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

Okay so I happened to run into some other players today and to keep it simple, it was painful. So I am going to try dagger/dagger this time. Seems like that would help with dealing a bit more damage.

Dont start with d/d, i would go staff. Get use to switching out of attunements based on your situation “Water=heal” “Earth=defense ie..reflect/barrier” “Fire=DPS” “Air=CC/crit” Then move to d/d, then scepter dagger.

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

in Elementalist

Zavve.8205

Staff is what I actually started with for a while. It is very enjoyable and I will always love it but it is just no good for me once someone gets withing melee range. I faced a few eles today (lost of course) and they were just insane with damage, healing, and how they were able to just fly all around, through, and over me like crazy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

It does matter if you roam or zerg in wvw… In outdoor pve… it doesn’t really.

So if you are in a zerg and the commander needs staff eles just play a staff ele.

If you are roaming solo play D/D or FreshAir S/D.

Solo is all about knowing the cooldowns on the different weapon skills and counting them in your head.

D/D initial burst:

air4, air5, air3, swap to fire, fire3, fire2, try to land fire5, swap to earth, if you need: (earth3, earth3 again), earth4, pop stability, earth5 (watch them run or die), lightning flash if needed, water5 or whatever you need… repeat

#I no words have"

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Aand you just forgot the might rotation in your burst…
Air 4, Air 5, air 3, air 1 3 or 4 times, fire 2, fire 5, fire 3 & 4, water 3, water 4 (water attunement may be skipped if you think you will need the heal) Dodge and change to earth during Dodge in fire field, earth 4, earth 3, earth 5, pop stability and LF if needed, earth 2, air 1 3 or 4 times rince and repeat.
This is my basic rotation in D/D.
Of course it is adapted depending on the situation do not waste earth 4 if enemy is not in range or use churning if you’re being bursted

in Elementalist

Zavve.8205

my goodness you are all very precise lol. I feel like I should be writing this down.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dstroya.6705

Dstroya.6705

The rotations become second nature fairly quickly. Also, those rotations are the “perfect scenario” often, you’ll have to adapt mid fight. I was intimidated by the rotations at first, so I practiced against the golems in the PVP area. I started by learning to string the 1st 3-4 skills together and then add the next until it became comfortable, then added the next, and so on. Think of the might stack rotation as a mini game during a fight. Just don’t get so entranced by it, you stop paying attention to the enemy players. That happened to me at first, and I’d be all excited that I got full stacks of might, but then would go down because I wasn’t keeping an eye on the other aspects of the fight.

Players Killing Players [PVP] – Fort Aspenwood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Dstroya is right!

These “rotations” are like guides.

In a PvP situation maybe you can pull out a perfect rotation achieving a nice piece of cookie but it’s very likely that you will end in a horizontal position counting the blades of the grass

air4, air5, air3, swap to fire, fire3…

This is the initiation what works almost every time. I say almost everybody (D/D eles) starts like this.

And anyway this is only a demonstration that the elementalist’s rotations are easy… even an ambidextrous octopus can do it without practicing

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I usually successfully complete my rotations, but it’s all a matter of speed and map awareness… As others said they are guide, something that people have already tested and noticed their effectiveness. Don’t simply write them down, learn them why do they work together? Why begin in fire and not in water, llearn the cooldown, combo and effects of each skills
Once you’ve done that the rotation will come by themselves because you will know why you should use them in that order.