Assasins vs Berserker armor

in Elementalist

Posted by: Luimes.4281

Luimes.4281

What would be the best option DPS wise?
I’ve heard some people say assasins > berserker atm.

Anyone that can help me?

what is meme

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Assassin was and still is crap.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1li5q3/breakeven_points_of_power_vs_precision_mathtable
(Minus 100 to your IG crit damage)
You’ll see that there is NO set up realizable IG where power should be traded for precision/ferocity

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Luimes.4281

Yeah thats what I thought, dunno why that guy made me doubt it. lol

what is meme

in Elementalist

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

It was marginal before the April 15, so people used to recommend it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

When you factor might and other buffs you actually can get past the point where precision is better than power.

Infact a mesmer top dps build uses various assassin pieces.

P.S. even after feature patch

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Before the April 15th patch, for some profession 3 piece of assassins and 3 pieces of beserker was advocate by several ppl. Several DnT ppl were using that or planned on using that. But its not a great idea now with the crit dmg nerf.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I wouldn’t take this table as the absolute optimum, as it ignores “on-crit” procs and how that changes your dps. If you have air/fire/strength sigils, or run fresh air then your precision will have more value for you than listed in this table. Make sure you have “enough” crit. chance to quickly proc those things more reliably (remembering that you have pretty high fury uptime).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

^
+1, this table obviously doesn’t take this kind of thing into account, it does give the average raw DPS

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Is OP refering to PvE, WvW or sPvP? Because in PvE with +60 prec food, berserker armor, persisting flame, Lightning hammer and signet of fire, the ele always has more than100% crit chance. Berserker will always be the best choice for ele. The difference is even more obvious with FGS.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Assassin was and still is crap.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1li5q3/breakeven_points_of_power_vs_precision_mathtable
(Minus 100 to your IG crit damage)
You’ll see that there is NO set up realizable IG where power should be traded for precision/ferocity

Sorry, what is “IG” crit damage?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Before saying assassin is crap.
Take build editor:
Add the stacks of might you predict you will have.

Check again the table with the new number.

You will see that full berserker is not Always optimal

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

For the most part Berserker’s > Assassin’s. Before the May 20 patch, there were a few cases (typically staff builds with scholar’s runes) where Assassin’s > Berserker’s, but even then it’s only by <0.5% in the best case. I haven’t re-run Ele numbers for no-stack situations, but I would imagine it would have further reduced that gap.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

If you’re adding in might, you also have to account for fury which is equal to 420 precision. I cannot see how assassin’s this could be worth using on Ele post patch.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lenn.6347

Lenn.6347

I wouldn’t take this table as the absolute optimum, as it ignores “on-crit” procs and how that changes your dps. If you have air/fire/strength sigils, or run fresh air then your precision will have more value for you than listed in this table. Make sure you have “enough” crit. chance to quickly proc those things more reliably (remembering that you have pretty high fury uptime).

i see fresh air thrown around a lot, what does the build revolve around? im in the process of leveling the class and didnt quite get it

in Elementalist

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

i see fresh air thrown around a lot, what does the build revolve around? im in the process of leveling the class and didnt quite get it

Fresh Air is a grandmaster trait in Air which resets your attunement cooldowns on critical. It allows you to use all of the neat burst-utility skills on Dagger/Focus (or Dagger/Dagger), and then rapidly return to the Air Attunement which has the best auto-attack. Without Fresh Air, you’d be stuck in low-damage attunements after using their burst, and your damage would suffer.

Check out Zelhyn’s sticky above, and DEKeyz’s Dagger/Focus build in her sticky above, for more information.

in Elementalist

Luimes.4281

I wasn’’t really talking about WvW or PvE specifically. Just in general.

what is meme