Attunement Swap: July 26th BLINX

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

June 26th, 2013 – In this Episode of Attunement Swap, Aiden Frost and CMC have a great time talking with Blinx. Blinx is one of the premier elementalist on the GW2 elementalist scene. They cover where the elementalist has come from, and where they feel it is headed in the tournament scene.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-elementalist-podcast-attunement-swap-episode-8/

Attunement Swap Live

Fridays 1pm PST/GMT-8

Elementalist Audio Only Podcasts
http://sittingonacouch.com/category/gaming/

Elementalist Guides and Videos

Elementalist PvP Guides

Elementalist PVP Videos

Elementalist WvWvW Videos

Elementalist WvWvW Guides

ElementalistPVE Videos

Elementalist PVE Guides

GW2 General

Just Awesome Guild Wars 2 Videos

If you have any comments or questions please let me know.

If you would like your videos added to our playlists please let us know we would be glad to link to your youtube.

(edited by Bas.7406)

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Well I would put in a vote for Daphoenix as I am sure many others would awesome stuff. I listen to mesmerized as well.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frostedblaze.9017

Frostedblaze.9017

Well I would put in a vote for Daphoenix as I am sure many others would awesome stuff. I listen to mesmerized as well.

We would love to get Daphoenix on the podcast, and I’m sure we will (if he’s interested of course) very soon. I use a slightly tweaked version of his d/d build in PVE and WvW.

Aiden Frost
Check out my S/D Ele tPvP guide: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst

in Elementalist

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

You can call it Elemental Patients

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

Incredible show including a visit by Karl. I will post everything on Monday when I get back into town.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Listening to your podcast from time to time even though I don’t play the game anymore. Good job so far!

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

In the very first elementalist podcast, Bas gets the privilege of talking with our two amazing hosts, Zoose and Aiden Frost. The guys cover everything there is to know about the basics of elementalist play. They compare weapons, talk conjured weapons, glyphs, and why the Staff ele is not around that often. We at sittingonacouch.com are thrilled and excited to be able to have such amazing hosts for the elementalist community
http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-elementalist-podcast-attunement-swap-ep1/

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

Listening to your podcast from time to time even though I don’t play the game anymore. Good job so far!

Thanks mate, let us know if you ever come back.

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

We have a regular scheduled time for the show now.

Fridays at 1pm PST/GMT-8

Don’t miss out – this week’s Guest is Denshee of The Civilized Gentleman

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

It’s going to be live tonight! Don’t miss out

www.twitch.tv/soacgaming

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

Vod will be uploaded and ready to go on monday

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

This week on the amazing Elementalist podcast, Zoose and Aiden meet up with Denshee of TCG. Denshee is one of the top Necromancers on the EU Tournament scene. They discuss the multiple variations of the Elementalists, key traits to look for, and where the ele can go in order to grow and get more help on the NA side. They also just kick back and have a good time talking with the fans. So sit back and enjoy Zoose, Aiden, and Denshee as they talk Manmode Elementalist.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-elementalist-podcast-attunement-swap-episode-2/

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

Don’t forget it’s going Live at 1pm Today!

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

It’s live right now!

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

June 14, 2013. In this amazing third episode of Attunement swap, Zoose and Aiden Frost take on the challenge that few can survive. They spend the day answering questions from the amazing elementalist fans. They theorycraft new builds, explore the depths of the staff, and even take a few moments to discuss ways to improve conjure weapons.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-elementalist-podcast-attunement-swap-episode-3/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirkus.4670

Cirkus.4670

This is my first time posting on these forums. I caught this episode and want to say that it was great and i’m very much excited for the future of the elementalist class. With that being said, carry on fellow ele’s

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Aw, just missed the live stream! I would have loved to participate in chat. Just a suggestion: If you guys could link the builds you’re posting in chat in the video description of the recording, that would be excellent. Thanks a lot, and keep up the awesome job guys!

Some comments:

- Staff is really, really powerful in WvW – in a group. Much of the ground AoEs don’t have a player limit, so you can potentially catch the majority of a zerg in a single CC. It’s also interesting to note that stability will protect a person from static field but not from the chill field (water #4).
For Meteor Shower, each meteor can hit a maximum of 5 people, so you can potentially do a lot of damage to an entire zerg, especially if you use a few meteor showers at the same time in the same spot.
The water field #5 is also extremely important. A well-blasted water field can make or break a zerg-busting group.
Staff is great for tower offense because you’re able to AoE (damage or CC) people and siege on the walls. It’s great for tower defense because you’re able to mass-CC people rushing in.

- In regards to Fiery Great Sword, I’ve examined videos, frame-by-frame, of the #4 ability (Fiery Rush) against a tower gate. It appears to have roughly 60 ticks. If you have max might stacks, one single FGS #4 ability should do about half the damage of a single fire ram. Coming from a single ability, that’s really, really strong.

- I’m expecting some minor buffs to other utilities to make them more useful as to encourage using them instead of cantrips. Maybe more nerfs to cantrips, though that would be unfortunate.

- I’d love to see some new/buffed traits that allow us to make condition builds more viable. For example, perhaps increasing the duration of the burn applied by Burning Precision (Fire V).

- The Grounded trait definitely needs to work on Knockout.

- It’s odd how well the signet-auromancer build synergizes so well with traits and what-not, yet it’s just such a poor build. I’d love to see signets made quite a bit more viable, though I still think that this type of build would have a lower skill cap than one with more active utilities, for obvious reasons.

- Focus… needs to be made more viable…

(edited by TimeBomb.3427)

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Love the show

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: dukevonart.2691

dukevonart.2691

Elemental surge has been brought up a couple of times, the most interesting build that I can think of that uses it is a 100% condition duration build.

So…this or a staff variant

This is obviously a PvE/WvW build. It emphasizes using Arcane Power in combination with Elemental Surge to stack unusual amounts of burning (50 seconds) or chill (30 seconds). This would seem to mostly useful on large single targets that lack condition removal, so probably some dungeon bosses or champions.

This is however theory-crafting for me, and is untested. It could be hilarious if you have a necromancer nearby with epidemic…

(edited by dukevonart.2691)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

i think chill has a hard cap but im not sure.I remember using arcane power and elem sure with dagger water autoattack.It would proc arcane power 10 times before they fixed that since every attack would consume 1 charge regardless of how many it hit.I could see this because the chill refreshed twice per ice circle.But i remember that max chill didnt go above 16-17 sec when i should see it go around 25 counting the time needed to cast 5 times the autoattack.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dukevonart.2691

dukevonart.2691

In the mists with 100% chill duration i can get reliably to 30 seconds depending weapons setups. Using Frost Fan in combination with Arcane Power I can get ~37 seconds of chill from a point blank shot that hits with all the arrows, further chill on top of that duration does not seem to stack beyond that.

This seems to indicate that there is probably a cap on chill duration of approximately 30 seconds, and that i’m probably breaking this slightly with the entire application of chill occurring nearly simultaneously. It should be noted that if there were no cap for chill i should be reaching 44 seconds of chill with this combination.

Also, addressing when arcane power triggers, it is on a per-hit basis so dagger water auto-attacks deplete the charges after 3 attacks (with the final second hit not having a charge to trigger) while the scepter water auto-attack only takes 2 attacks as each attack has 3 individual hits (again, the last hit has nothing to trigger, as the 5 charges were used previously).

edit – runes used are Grenth x2, Ice x2, and Svanir x2 with 30 point in fire and a sigil of chilling. (I believe I noted somewhere that the sigil is bugged currently, so just in case frost bow has an additional 20% condition duration)

(edited by dukevonart.2691)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Here’s some feedback on some topics that could be brought up:

PvE – Leveling Builds and Weapon Advice
-What builds have worked for leveling and their key level points
-Certain weapons better for leveling than others?
PvE – Using the proper element / weapon for tasks
-Event farming, using Lightning or Fire?
-Object destruction
PvE – Explorable dungeon specs that work well
-Understanding dungeon mechanics make certain builds/setup shine
-Boon sharing
-Object destruction
PvE – Beginning Fractal Builds and general Fractal type advice
-Good builds and what to shoot for with Ascended gear for later
PvE – Mid level Fractal Builds and general Mid level Fractal type advice
-Good builds and things to anticipate
PvE – High end Fractal Builds and general High end Fractal advice
-Good builds and things to anticipate

WvW – Differences between WvW and PVP
-Consumables
-Racial Skills
WvW – Understanding 3 different “types” of WvW
-Solo/Small group roaming
-Guild/Large group roaming
-Massive Zerg
WvW – Solo/Small group roaming builds and tactics
-Weapon sets and builds
-Escape tactics
WvW – Guild/Large group roaming
-Weapon sets and builds
-Combo Field management (not often discussed)
-Attaching yourself to groups/guilds freelance
WvW – Massive Zerg
-Weapon sets and builds
-Using right attunements
-Reading flow of combat
WvW – Do’s and Don’ts of Tower Attacks and Defense
WvW – Combo Field buff stacking

I think that’ll do for now.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

First off – I enjoy this podcast and it seems clear that Aiden and Zoose really understand the elementalist and enjoy playing it. I really enjoy learning about the clever nuances of ele play (e.g. attunement swapping while casting channelled skills to gain the Fury proc), and every podcast so far has given me new ideas.

BUT, it hurts the professionalism of the show when I hear consistently wrong or mispronounced skills and traits. I get that the “message” is what’s important here but it just diminishes the quality of the podcast.

Aiden – Zephyr = /?z?f?r/, Vigor = /?v?g?r/, Conjure (in the context being used in GW2) = /?k?nd??r/. I don’t know if English is your first language but these are ordinary English words. When you’re on a show which involves speaking for an hour, you need to know how to speak!
Edit – Looks like the filter doesn’t like Unicode characters in the IPA notation. But the linked pages allow you to listen to the pronunciation.

Zoose – This is minor but I heard you refer to “Chaos Meteor” several times in the last podcast. There is no such skill. I assumed you meant Meteor Shower, but if you intend for people other than diehard GW2 fans to follow your show, you need to get these things right! You also referred to Blink a few times instead of Lightning Flash; this isn’t as big an issue because you could very well be talking about the mechanism of blinking i.e. using a blink skill instead of the Blink skill. Again though, it makes your show less accessible.

I don’t want to seem like I’m bashing on you guys because as I said I do enjoy listening to you. I’d love to hear you doing some shoutcasting because you can really provide a lot of insight, but errors like this make it hard for people to connect with what you’re saying.

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.

(edited by process execution.8014)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Oh c’mon, the mispronunciations add character

So far I’ve learned a lot of tips and tricks from all of these class podcasts; I usually listen to them while doing something mindless in game, and then I’ll try things out afterwards xD

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

Hey havent been able to make it into this thread for a while, we really appreciate all the feedback and there’s some great information that we’ll look into talking about on the show.

@process execution: Thanks for pointing that out. English is my first language, but I find myself pronouncing words incorrectly fairly often. I’ll definitely try to keep the correct pronunciation in mind when doing the podcast. As for the incorrect skill-name usage, it can be really tough to keep track of all of the skills, traits, etc in the game. We do our best, but sometimes we draw a blank. We’re always working to improve the podcast quality, but remember, we’re not professional podcasters. We do this in our spare time (for free might I add) because we want to help the GW2 community. Keep that in mind, and bear with us as we try to improve our quality =)

Aiden Frost
Check out my S/D Ele tPvP guide: http://intothemists.com/guides/202-aiden_frosts_sd_sustain_burst

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

Finally, we’re going live this Friday night at 8PM EST 5 PM PST. Our guest will be Omie, a WvW ele. We will be mostly staying away form the recently leaked patch notes, as they’re not official yet. However, next Friday’s show will be just Zoose and I going over all the exciting changes that we receive.

SO, 8PM EST, 5 PM PST Friday. We’ll be focusing mainly on WvW, so bring your questions/answers etc!

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

Don’t miss out it goes live in 4 hours!

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

June 22nd 2013, In this week’s exciting podcast the guys from Attunement Swap venture into the world of WvWvW gank squad. They talked about some ways to make WvWvW more fun. The way a havoc squad works, and just having a lot of fun with the Elementalist class and the way it works within WvWvW.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-elementalist-podcast-attunement-swap-episode-4/

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

Hey everyone, Zoose and I will be going live tomorrow at 1:45 PM EST. The time change is due to some real life issues, as well as Izzy’s dev stream at 3PM EST. So come chat with Zoose and I as we go over all of the amazing changes brought to us in the last patch. We’ll theorycraft some builds, talk about bugs, and even give ya a few pro Ele tips and tricks.

Then after our stream, we can all watch how NOT to play an elementalist on Izzy’s stream! (Just kidding! Can’t wait to watch you stream Izzy!)

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

Where will the podcast be held? Like at which link?

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

After a short delay, Attunement Swap will be going live in just a moment, come join us at www.twitch.tv/soacgaming

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

The VoD of the podcast will be up tonight. I apologize for all the delays. I was out of town last week, covering MLG Anaheim. I will work all this week on making sure the audio and VoD’s are good to go.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

The class is dead, why would anyone care about a podcast about it?

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

The class is dead, why would anyone care about a podcast about it?

Haha, seriously? SOAC Red is running double ele!

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

June 28, 2013 – In this week’s edition of the Atunement Swap Zoose and Aiden tackle the feared Patch Notes, and what they mean to the Elementalist class! They go over the notes and talk with the fans about what to look forward too

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-elementalist-podcast-attunement-swap-episode-5/

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

Hey everyone.

Unfortunately, this weeks Attunement Swap is going to have to be postponed. My internet has been wonky all day, and Zoose is a bit under the weather.

We’ll try to bring JNeko on with us sometime early next week. We’ll post here when we get everything ironed out.

Thanks for understanding!

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

I am just returning to GW2 and Ele was my main and only maxed character, I loved it. I left when they nerfed the arcana build with the blast roll. I really only played that build about a month before they nerfed it, but was in love with it. I normaly main healing roles and that spec allowed me to do so, which is why I liked it. Being support heavy staff wielder is a decent replacement, but a bit boring. I am really looking for a faster paced support style, ( I wish S/D or D/D had more fields). shrug

I really need some inspiration for a new build, will be visiting your youtube videos today!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

What outfit is Aiden wearing in the background picture of the youtube videos? I’ve never seen something like that ingame.

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

Hey all, Sorry for not getting you an episode this week. Zoose, our guest, and I struggled to get a time when we were all free. We’ll be back this Friday (tomorrow) at 4 PM EST (1 PM PST) with our guest JNeko. We’ll be talking about some high damage PvE builds!

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

Hey all, goin live in just a few minutes!

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

They will be live on twitch.tv/soacgaming, and if you miss the episode you can catch it on www.sittingonacouch.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Theres only 2 15 minute clips of the episode up seems like that starts in the middle.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

July 13, 2013 – In this week’s edition of Attunement Swap, Zoose and Aiden talk dungeons with one of the top Dungeon Elementalists out there, they fight through multiple disconnects to get you one amazing show. They talk PVE trinity, and some of the most amazing things with the game!

http://sittingonacouch.com/

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

Hey everybody. Attunement Swap is going to be tomorrow night at 9:30 PM EST/ 6:30 PM PST. Our guest will be none other than Cmc Cmc, an Ele known for his “abnormal” builds and his awesome play. We’ll be discussing some of Cmc’s builds, Ele PvP, and the future of the Attunement Swap podcast, so tune in!

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

We’re live everyone! Come join CMC and I!

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Bas.7406

July 20, 2013 – In this week’s exciting podcast, the new co-host CMC is introduced along with some great outlooks on the Elementalist. They talk pvp, pve, and wvwvw and answer some questions about the state of the elementalist. We are excited to have CMC on the sittingonacouch.com podcasting roster. If you have any questions or players you would like to see on the show please let us know.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-elementalist-podcast-attunement-swap-episode-7/

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

Hey everyone! We’re real excited to have B L I N X, an Ele ranked top 15 leaderboard, on our podcast this week! Come on by at 7:30 PM EST tomorrow as we have some awesome Ele pvp discussion!

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Frostedblaze.9017

Hey everyone going live in 15 minutes!

Aiden Frost

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Nice! Make him talk about the focus please

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter