Aura Duration Overwriting

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaspar.3892

Kaspar.3892

I’ve been running an auramancer build and have found that my auras are simply just overwriting themselves when I cast one that’s already active. This kinda sucks.

For example, say we have magnetic aura, there’s a bunch of different ways that tempests can get this aura going, and sometimes I can’t keep track of when the last time my Trait method procced, so I’m stuck with wasting some uptime on my magnetic aura.

Another example, say we have an ice field down, and you’re going to go for a leap to get 5 seconds of frost aura, well someone decides that right after you land that they’re going to blast it and give everyone in the area 3 seconds of frost aura, now instead of 5 seconds, you’re down to 3 seconds.

IMO: Auras should stack in duration instead of replacing the existing one with the latest version that was cast. This would make it quite a bit less of a headache on keeping track of your lightly flickering auras that are barely even visible now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Seconded.

Again. This comes up every now and then since beta.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’ve been running an auramancer build and have found that my auras are simply just overwriting themselves when I cast one that’s already active. This kinda sucks.

For example, say we have magnetic aura, there’s a bunch of different ways that tempests can get this aura going, and sometimes I can’t keep track of when the last time my Trait method procced, so I’m stuck with wasting some uptime on my magnetic aura.

Another example, say we have an ice field down, and you’re going to go for a leap to get 5 seconds of frost aura, well someone decides that right after you land that they’re going to blast it and give everyone in the area 3 seconds of frost aura, now instead of 5 seconds, you’re down to 3 seconds.

IMO: Auras should stack in duration instead of replacing the existing one with the latest version that was cast. This would make it quite a bit less of a headache on keeping track of your lightly flickering auras that are barely even visible now.

It’s by design, they actually did this half-way through the beta weekend and thought it was a good idea.

in Elementalist

Kaspar.3892

It’s by design, they actually did this half-way through the beta weekend and thought it was a good idea.

Really!? So if you ever want to be a pain in every tempest’s neck, just go blasting fields and reducing their aura durations. Let me tell ya how great of an idea that sounds.

Maybe they could solve the “issues” with this by making it a per source duration, so you can’t have 5 tempests just spamming Flash Freeze and have 25 seconds of Frost Aura, but instead you’d have to stagger those all 1 at a time, but if you blast a ice field while frost aura is going, only 1 of the blasts every 3 seconds will increase your duration, and a leap will increase your frost aura every 1x every 5 seconds.

This way you’re not going to get punished, but yet you wouldn’t be able to abuse it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Well, stacking duration on auras needed to go. It was possible to stack over 2 minutes of frost auras at the start of a match.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Kaspar.3892

Well, stacking duration on auras needed to go. It was possible to stack over 2 minutes of frost auras at the start of a match.

Right, so if you read my idea in the comment above:

Maybe they could solve the “issues” with this by making it a per source duration, so you can’t have 5 tempests just spamming Flash Freeze and have 25 seconds of Frost Aura, but instead you’d have to stagger those all 1 at a time, but if you blast a ice field while frost aura is going, only 1 of the blasts every 3 seconds will increase your duration, and a leap will increase your frost aura every 1x every 5 seconds.

This way you can only have so many sources provide the frost aura. 1 person’s blast every 3 seconds, your own leap every 5 seconds, flash freeze every 5 seconds (if you’ve got lots of tempests), etc. Max duration per source based on the duration that it provides.