Auras stealth nerf

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sakura.8142

Sakura.8142

Has anyone noticed this one? Some of the auras acquired through combo fields no longer apply protection/fury/swiftness from Earth’s Elemental Shielding and Air’s Zephyr’s Boon. I mean fire aura acquired by leap-finishing through a fire field. Fire Aura is applied, but the boons are no longer there.

What is more interesting, frost aura (acquired by blast finishing staff’’s ice field) still grants those boons to me and more importantly to allies even WITHOUT Powerful Auras trait. This one obviously is bugged and supposedly will be working just like the fire aura mentioned above.

I used to run a fun hybrid staff-support build centered around the late Evasive Arcana, with Powerful Aura water trait to apply auras with protection. It seems that now none of the two parts of my prevoius build are viable.

Also, there is no mention of any aura changes in the patch, so what’s up?

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amaethon.8710

Amaethon.8710

Using a blast finisher while in a combo field will still grant an effect to you and nearby allies. However, auras no longer count as blast finishers (it never actually said they were blast finishers on the tooltip, so they may be counting this as a “fix”).

Çyhyraeth – Sylvari Elementalist – Order Of The Fallen Watch [EXEO] | Darkhaven

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sakura.8142

Sakura.8142

That is not exactly what I meant. I know that combo fields still grant effects, nothing changed here. Using a Leap Finisher in a fire field still gives me the aura, but it no longer grants boons (protection, fury, swiftness) that I traited for in what is knows as an auramanced build.

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I think the leap aura nerf might just be a bug. Auras have always been kind of buggy (especially if you try to spread them to others).

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

Magnetic Grasp is extremely buggy in regards to working as a leap finisher, other than that everything is the same. I’ve used leap finishers from conjured weapons through fire fields and they work as intended.

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amaethon.8710

Amaethon.8710

I wasn’t aware that Elementalist had a leap finisher, and I main one. Maybe I just misread the tooltips.

Çyhyraeth – Sylvari Elementalist – Order Of The Fallen Watch [EXEO] | Darkhaven

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gintoki.6405

Gintoki.6405

the tooltip doesnt state but the earth no3 on mainhand dagger is a leap finisher, assuming you connect with a target

Aurora glade [FURY] clan. Zetsu (zetsudai, zetsu mei, Zetsu Rounin)

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Cosmic Teapot.9162

I wasn’t aware that Elementalist had a leap finisher, and I main one. Maybe I just misread the tooltips.

Magnetic Grasp isn’t listed as a leap finisher. So either this leaping move was given a leap finisher by accident and the devs never got around to fixing it or the devs intended it to be a leap finisher and forgot to put it in the tooltip. I for one am inclined to believe they just forgot to put it in the tooltip. However, since they bugged the leap finisher trying to fix another bug they’ll probably just say it was never intended.

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Korath.7402

Korath.7402

Yeah sure… Let’s just accidentally insert these lines of code here that make the ability act as a leap finisher. Then when they get used to it and design builds around it we can take it out and tell them it was never intended!

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ferny.8250

Ferny.8250

I think they said in the update information that magnetic grasp was a leap finisher, so it was ‘intended.’

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

For what it’s worth, one of the Conjure Fiery Greatsword skills (I believe #2) is a Leap Finisher.

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I looked it up, and I was wrong.

Skill #5 on Conjure Lava Axe is the elementalist’s single Leap Finisher.

(Sorry, I couldn’t edit my post due to lack of an edit button.)

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

Now that you have brought it to their attention they will remove those lines of coding giving us a leap finisher. They will make the ability match the desription of course. Great.

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

I hope the fire shield you get from using magnetic grasp in a fire field NOT procc’ing auro traits (e.g., fury, swiftness, protection) is a bug and they get around to fixing it before next year.

If it’s an intended change, than that blows….

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Cosmic Teapot.9162

I hope the fire shield you get from using magnetic grasp in a fire field NOT procc’ing auro traits (e.g., fury, swiftness, protection) is a bug and they get around to fixing it before next year.

It’s a bug

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

It’s a bug

I think so as well. It still procs the visual of the fire aura very briefly but no aura is ever actually there (hence the lack of boon procs). It could be an intentional change but they just forgot to remove the visual (which would be weird) or it could be unintentional and the aura is being instantly removed (possibly by whatever is supposedly keeping magnetic grasp from cc’ing you as much).

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Em, I don’t know if you noticed but you don’t get fire shield after 15/11 patch. It says you get, but you actually don’t. Just check your boons/conds UI. That’s why you don’t get boons from aura traits, because you never get fire shield to begin with. Well, you get sometimes, like in 5% of cases.

Auras stealth nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

A reply confirming that this is either a bug or intended would be nice. Now I still don’t know if I can use this combo in my build or not… Don’t need to know who’s working on it if it’s a bug or when it will be done, just if it is one or not.