[BUG] Phoenix skill hits multiple time

in Elementalist

Posted by: Askadia.4395

Askadia.4395

I just tested the skill and it seems that Phoenix continues to hit everything it meets when it comes back.
If you hit a mob with that skill, and the mob is walking to you, the mob get hit multiple times. I was able to hit a mob 7 times.
Can someone else verify if this actually is a bug, too?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well… It always worked this way… This is even the main reason for it to be in the burst specs rotation.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Nah it used to hit 3x max in the past. That’s when you target the AoE behind your target. It’s still pretty weak right now with all the power hate.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It does seem to be hitting more then normal. It used to be able to hit up to 5 times with a bit of luck and perfect positioning, now it hits that number regularly, sometimes more.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

The skill has worked like this for over 2 years now, it has a pulsing damage aspect to it along side it’s aoe. On large mobs it can hit over 15 times for the lesser damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Best scepter skill for a long time and workes that way. Well placed i can sometimes land five hits to players :-). Hiting three times is usually normal. (tail + blast + returning tail)

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Never saw a 7 hit in 3 years. And this evening I tried a lot on golem target… Seems to me to work as always… If you put the center of the AoE behinde the target , but close to him, it hit 3 times, if you put the center far away from him (but it still need to be in the AoE) it hit 5 times.

It is meant to hit 3 times, 5 times is a bug that is here since tue start of the game.
Right by now, with all the damage mitigation around, place it to hit 5 times is the only way archieve a good burst.

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

The extra hits are somewhat weak though

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

The extra hits are somewhat weak though