[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: LeviQuiteQuirky.6892

LeviQuiteQuirky.6892

As the title says, this is an “Adopt a Build Thread”.

The purpose of this thread is for someone who has access to the next Beta Weekend to adopt a theory-crafted build from someone who doesn’t have access to it.

There may be concerns or areas of the game’s new Elite Specializations that haven’t been looked at or adressed yet.

I want the best for the game. I want as much content covered so Heart of Thorns can get the best start it can. (Full aware they might not be able to fix things in time, but want stuff balanced/ patched ASAP so we can all enjoy the experience without too many interruptions in our gaming progression).

Examples of what I mean:

Q. Can someone test this Chronomancer build? (insert link, or write the trait/ weapon combo + stats, sigils and runes…and game mode, PvP, PvE or WvW).

A. Yep, I’ll test this build in PvP. Will write feedback on this post when finished, or post a video/ stream link.

For other Professions, click here

(edited by LeviQuiteQuirky.6892)

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Sad to say, Tempest builds are gonna be orphans with the way the balance of the spec is going. It’s suffering for the sins of its predecessors, even if it did nothing wrong.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

there are a few on youtube. i googled them

Last time i tried tempest it felt underwhelming. Not sure this time

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

if we’re really honest… tempest just doesn’t work. number tweaking won’t really do the job. added functionality can make stuff better but doesn’t solve the greater problem.

what tempest needs is a complete redesign. not in its theme, the stormy scary tempest that blows kittens up and is a crazy cc bot, but in its execution. drop the support on it… make it a strong cc elite spec than can either be tanky or deal a big deal of damage.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You should be able to watch a tempest in action on http://www.twitch.tv/chemsorly steam. He most likely going to run an all in healing build for wvw.
I will give the all in heal build a shot too though i think i will run more the stander d/d meta gear set up but run tempest over water so tempest air arcain. I do not steam.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Why would anyone sign up to play a worse version of base Elementalist (do everything you could before, just worse!)?

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Why would anyone sign up to play a worse version of base Elementalist (do everything you could before, just worse!)?

Code for “it dose not do dmg so i will not play it.”

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The thing with builds that do no damage is that its the rally system that wins group fights not healing. And you get downs with damage.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

The thing with builds that do no damage is that its the rally system that wins group fights not healing. And you get downs with damage.

I mean as a prime dmg tempest going to get tags all over the places for rally if that what you mean. I think tempest is better at tagging then ele is. Though tempest dose lets your melee become a bit less tankly due to the constant heals.
The main problems with your point of view only one eleit spec is worth using reaper and even that may not be worth running becuse ranged dmg > melee for mages classes most of the time.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

if you want a lot of healing -> go staff ele -> check
if you want a mix between cc, healing, mobility and damage -> go d/d -> check
if you want burst damage -> go s/f fresh air -> maybe check on tuesday

now comes the problem:

what tempest should be -> heavy cc and damage
what tempest actually is -> a mix of bad support, bad damage and mediocre cc

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

now comes the problem:

If you want heavy cc and dmg you go staff ele.
There not one eliet spec that comply mod how a classe plays a gurd always had ranged dps a necro could always melee dps a ranger could always support a thf could always spike? or spam dodge a war could always attk fast a eng could always melee / leap in or be tankly and i guess a rev could always be support thought that one is odd becuse rev and its elite spec are coming out at the same time.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

I wonder what a tempest or a storm has anything to do with healing. Can anyone explain how did we end up with this? Because for me it looks like a tragicomedy.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

now comes the problem:

There not one eliet spec that comply mod how a classe plays a gurd always had ranged dps a necro could always melee dps a ranger could always support a thf could always spike? or spam dodge a war could always attk fast a eng could always melee / leap in or be tankly and i guess a rev could always be support thought that one is odd becuse rev and its elite spec are coming out at the same time.

staff ele is not heavy cc… neither works the damage part against non ai. staff ele is zoning at most.

and for the rest of your post… i don’t even get what you’re trying to tell me.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Markin.9167

Markin.9167

I dont know guys, i played 3 years of elementalist and im not so excited about tempest anymore, i think we cant be so good as druid in healer spec or a guardian in support/boon spec, and we have only 1 more bwe, i think we cant change this spec in time and the devs think that the tempest is good… idk

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

now comes the problem:

staff ele is not heavy cc… neither works the damage part against non ai. staff ele is zoning at most.

Its 3 hard cc and 2 soft cc that and its the best dmg ele can out put due to how AoE works. The thing is heavy cc dose not go hand and hand with high dmg in GW2 you are tankly and have high cc or your mobility and have high dmg. Its the give and take of GW2. I too want tempest to do every thing and any thing but i still want ele to be relevant in the game.

As for my other post is that there really nothing new that been added for all elite spec just more on the lines how they go about it. So ele can do every thing in the game but stealth unless you intend to give tempest stealth there nothing new for it to do. What tempest is doing new is how its going about to fill its roll though overloads and auras.

So ele d/d mostly can constant heal even if ppl are at full hp so there a lot of waited heal and that heal is locked to water only. Tempest is able to do this constant heal but is able to push its heal out put high for the cost of healing over time. At the same time tempest is not locked to water being the only real healing tool.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

now comes the problem:

Its 3 hard cc and 2 soft cc that and its the best dmg ele can out put due to how AoE works. The thing is heavy cc dose not go hand and hand with high dmg in GW2 you are tankly and have high cc or your mobility and have high dmg. Its the give and take of GW2. I too want tempest to do every thing and any thing but i still want ele to be relevant in the game.

As for my other post is that there really nothing new that been added for all elite spec just more on the lines how they go about it. So ele can do every thing in the game but stealth unless you intend to give tempest stealth there nothing new for it to do. What tempest is doing new is how its going about to fill its roll though overloads and auras.

So ele d/d mostly can constant heal even if ppl are at full hp so there a lot of waited heal and that heal is locked to water only. Tempest is able to do this constant heal but is able to push its heal out put high for the cost of healing over time. At the same time tempest is not locked to water being the only real healing tool.

you’re not getting it. staff is a aoe denial / zoning weapon. the skills keep you in/out of a certain location, they are ranged and i repeat, staff ele does not work as a dps build in pvp at all.

what tempest by theme should be is the ele’s approach to the warrior’s hambow, working with elements and knocking around people. hambow damage was mediocre but the stuns were good, the mobility was bad and the sustain above average.

and the heal that tempest offers is boring and insignificant with the auras, you can just take a shoutbow warrior and it will do a better job at it. ele doesn’t need more healing specs, there is already enough of it.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

now comes the problem:

you’re not getting it. staff is a aoe denial / zoning weapon. the skills keep you in/out of a certain location, they are ranged and i repeat, staff ele does not work as a dps build in pvp at all.

what tempest by theme should be is the ele’s approach to the warrior’s hambow, working with elements and knocking around people. hambow damage was mediocre but the stuns were good, the mobility was bad and the sustain above average.

and the heal that tempest offers is boring and insignificant with the auras, you can just take a shoutbow warrior and it will do a better job at it. ele doesn’t need more healing specs, there is already enough of it.

Then play warrior? I do not get it if you find something boring why would you need to play it? I find tempest to not be boring becuse i see a lot of skill in how its going to heal and buff more then faces rolling atuments and spamming. I can see it even filling that tankly mages roll in small man groups. Ele is a mages true and true so it plays like a mages a warrior is mostly a melee class and it plays as the ideal warrior in most rpg. Why should a mages play like a warrior?

If all classes played the same why have different classes, we could take it one more step why have different weapons if they too play the same, or even more why have different players when every one wants to play the same way?

I chose to play ele becuse it plays like a mages / ele not becuse it plays like a war i would chose a war. There no need to have another war with the elite specs of an ele.

(edited by Jski.6180)

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

fulfilling the same role doesn’t mean they play the same…. and tempest doesn’t add anything to elementalist. it’s nothing new, it’s not interesting and on top of all it’s even weak.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Here’s a better idea: people post theorycrafted builds for tempest and then ele mains improve them by replacing tempest with a useful spec instead.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

fulfilling the same role doesn’t mean they play the same…. and tempest doesn’t add anything to elementalist. it’s nothing new, it’s not interesting and on top of all it’s even weak.

It dose add a good bit to ele. I have made the list many times now must i do it every time?
Tempest adds:
Healing auras
Shout auras
A bit more stab
AoE stun brake
AoE super speed
And water field gerator for a non 2h wepon
Moving pAoE healing dmg and cc version
Auras that are not locked to wepon type
Stronger protection
Blunt endrucese gain
New buff that adds a lighting hit for your team
Boon buffing duration
Non fire blasting aoe might
An more reliable whirl finisher
More cc (mostly from the added auras)

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

Here’s a better idea: people post theorycrafted builds for tempest and then ele mains improve them by replacing tempest with a base d/d ele build instead.

fixed that for you

It dose add a good bit to ele. I have made the list many times now must i do it every time?
Tempest adds:
Healing auras
Shout auras
A bit more stab
AoE stun brake
AoE super speed
And water field gerator for a non 2h wepon
Moving pAoE healing dmg and cc version
Auras that are not locked to wepon type
Stronger protection
Blunt endrucese gain
New buff that adds a lighting hit for your team
Boon buffing duration
Non fire blasting aoe might
An more reliable whirl finisher
More cc (mostly from the added auras)

nothing of that was truly needed… aura share builds were never considered viable because you have to give up the cleanse grandmaster in water. if you run tripple shouts with soldier runes you will still lack cleanse and surviviability with that… even if they heal you for 700.

stability is another thing that ele doesn’t have problems with and its 4s of 1 stack of stability..

the shouts are terrible, if not for the auras on them that have half the cooldown of the weaponskill auras they would not even deserve a place in the game.

ele has 6/8.5s protection uptime aoe. no reason to make it any stronger.

the whirl finisher whirls once, how is that reliable when it even puts your fire attunement on a 15s cd?

tempest right now is terrible, they even nerfed the only overload that dealt a bit of damage. tempest needs to be reworked or you will never see a single serious player picking this over base ele. perfect balance is when it makes you think “oh no, i don’t know which one to pick, both are good and i really can’t decide”. when it comes to tempest it’s more of a “what, why would i even consider it.”

i’m sure a lot of work went into tempest so arenanet should not let it have been for nothing… rework it while it’s still possible or tempest will turn into scepter 2.0 and will take them 3 years to buff.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Here’s a better idea: people post theorycrafted builds for tempest and then ele mains improve them by replacing tempest with a base d/d ele build instead.

fixed that for you

Well d/d ele is dead in wvw and should be dead in spvp soon after the update tempest fills that melee mages roll now. You can d/d tempest.

Bit hard to replay to that i will give it a shot.

Its more on the liens of 1k when you build for it and it sounds like after the update its going to be more. So its an instants heal on-top of the auras effect it self. Auras are very strong even with out boons now that you have soo many more ways to apply them they start to become major in game play.
Earth overloade the main stab i am talking about its 3 stacks with out the lost of stab from the base ele giving tempest a lot of stab over all.
14 sec at best and 20 at worst that is on lines with other whirl finnisher that before ele could only get from there elite skills on much longer cd.
Its really not that bad its just not a dmg dealing class and the truth be told a lot of gw2 players on the forms are one track minded “if it dose not do higher dmg its not worth running” ppl want power creep sadly.
So why do all of this it sounds like you already given up. Go play war or just keep playing ele lol. Its just silly how ppl are reacting to something new they seem to think ele is dead as a class becuse tempest is not what they wanted. If you like ele then keep playing ele. If you just wanted to play something new then you may of not like ele in the first places.

(edited by Jski.6180)

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

fixed that for you

Well d/d ele is dead in wvw and should be dead in spvp soon after the update tempest fills that melee mages roll now. You can d/d tempest.

d/d ele will be just as strong, just a bit more balanced. for wvw roaming d/d ele is very viable and when it comes to zerging it doesn’t matter what you run anyway.

and no, i’d rather pick earth over tempest anytime. overloads are terrible for d/d and the traits are bad too. cantrips > shouts.

just a little heads up to show how excited the community is about tempest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3mfq8w/what_elite_spec_are_you_most_excited_for_strawpoll/

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

fixed that for you

d/d ele will be just as strong, just a bit more balanced. for wvw roaming d/d ele is very viable and when it comes to zerging it doesn’t matter what you run anyway.

and no, i’d rather pick earth over tempest anytime. overloads are terrible for d/d and the traits are bad too. cantrips > shouts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3mfq8w/what_elite_spec_are_you_most_excited_for_strawpoll/

From a real stand point d/d ele is very dead in wvw not so much base off of changes to ele but the changes to other classes ranged dps is king atm in wvw you need to be all tank to make it in melee (something tempest can do and still have a use but ele cant.) As for spvp ele is losing dmg for d/d so they must give up the dmg and take the lost or give up some of there abitly to tank. Tempest still very able to heal a good bit so it can give up some self tank for dmg.

You do understand you can still run cantrips as an tempest right? You seem to not get that every thing ele has tempest gets.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

fixed that for you

From a real stand point d/d ele is very dead in wvw not so much base off of changes to ele but the changes to other classes ranged dps is king atm in wvw you need to be all tank to make it in melee (something tempest can do and still have a use but ele cant.) As for spvp ele is losing dmg for d/d so they must give up the dmg and take the lost or give up some of there abitly to tank. Tempest still very able to heal a good bit so it can give up some self tank for dmg.

You do understand you can still run cantrips as an tempest right? You seem to not get that every thing ele has tempest gets.

why would you run tempest traits then.. the overloads are not worth it and most of the time you will not use them, and if you use them they mess up your rotation.

d/d ele was never a damage build in pvp to begin with. the only reason it was dealing so much damage was due to imbalanced burning which has been fixed now. d/d ele is a bruiser, peeling enemies off allies and giving them a bit of heal, boons and cleanse but because it’s considered the most braindead build right now people don’t even need to know the role of the build. today i had a d/d ele on my team in ranked queue that had no clue how to do his job, all he did was running around attacking people not caring for his own teammates.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

fixed that for you

why would you run tempest traits then.. the overloads are not worth it and most of the time you will not use them, and if you use them they mess up your rotation.

d/d ele was never a damage build in pvp to begin with. the only reason it was dealing so much damage was due to imbalanced burning which has been fixed now. d/d ele is a bruiser, peeling enemies off allies and giving them a bit of heal, boons and cleanse but because it’s considered the most braindead build right now people don’t even need to know the role of the build. today i had a d/d ele on my team in ranked queue that had no clue how to do his job, all he did was running around attacking people not caring for his own teammates.

They are to some ppl. You still do not get it tempest is NOT made to replaces ele get that out of your head. Tempest is simply something different then ele. If you do not like it DONT play it and keep playing ele.

I have no ideal why this is so hard for ppl to understand.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

fixed that for you

They are to some ppl. You still do not get it tempest is NOT made to replaces ele get that out of your head. Tempest is simply something different then ele. If you do not like it DONT play it and keep playing ele.

I think we understand better than you, we can see that 1- expansion is expensive therefore we have the right to expect quality, 2- Tempest is just bad at even what it tries to do and looks rushed, and 3- after the novelty of it is gone we will back to playing the same builds for 2 more years while every other class enjoys new OP professions.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

fixed that for you

I think we understand better than you, we can see that 1- expansion is expensive therefore we have the right to expect quality, 2- Tempest is just bad at even what it tries to do and looks rushed, and 3- after the novelty of it is gone we will back to playing the same builds for 2 more years while every other class enjoys new OP professions.

That is a problem with the other elite spec if they are op then they need to be fixed you should not wish for your class to be op.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

no it’s not made to replace ele but it is supposed to offer an alternative way of playing, which it doesn’t.

i tested it multiple times, i give it a try every beta weekend and in the end i’m disappointed again, i give feedback hoping that it gets better but it just doesn’t.

i don’t like it, no, and if it’s not worth playing then i won’t play it. simple as that.
we’re still in beta for another month, so there are still chances.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Coldtart.4785

No one has ever said they want tempest to replace ele. Elite specs are supposed to be side-grades. We all know that. We all know that they should not be upgrades. We also know that they should not be downgrades either.

Tempest is a direct downgrade to ele. This is why we get threads saying tempest problems are not a numbers issue. If numbers are all that changed then the only way they would make tempest worth playing is if it became an upgrade, which is exactly as bad from a gameplay point of view as it being a downgrade.

Stop arguing against things we aren’t saying.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Coldtart.4785

That is a problem with the other elite spec if they are op then they need to be fixed you should not wish for your class to be op.

Other elite specs being worthy of play without being strictly better than their base class is a problem?

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Other elite specs being worthy of play without being strictly better than their base class is a problem?

A lot of them ARE better then the base class.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Coldtart.4785

[Citation needed]

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

only necro and ranger are an upgrade. the reason for that is because necros and rangers haven’t really been in the best spot…

the other elite specs are more or less on equal footing except for berserker which needs a bit of tuning still and daredevil some QoL.

the worst 2 are tempest and dragonhunter.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Xillllix.3485

only necro and ranger are an upgrade. the reason for that is because necros and rangers haven’t really been in the best spot…

the other elite specs are more or less on equal footing except for berserker which needs a bit of tuning still and daredevil some QoL.

the worst 2 are tempest and dragonhunter.

You’re forgetting the Chronomancer… that can shatter you twice your entire hp or moa you for 20 seconds.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Coldtart.4785

Chronomancer and herald are the only ones that really appear to have the issue of being strictly better than their base class. Chrono appears to be a straight upgrade to the already best mesmer build and if there’s a reason to not use herald I haven’t seen it yet.

That is not ‘the other elite specs’ or ‘a lot of them’, that’s 2 out of the 8 other specs.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

There are also some people who get that the Tempest isn’t any different than the base Elementalist class. There is nothing you can do on a Tempest I wouldn’t rather bring a base Elementalist to. Literally nothing. Heal support? Base Elementalist. Damage? Base Elementalist. Tanky survivability? Base Elementalist.

What people are upset with is the fact we got a dud specialization that offers no new way to play the class. It doesn’t matter that the Elementalist is already one of the best classes in PvE, PvP and WvW. No one wants to get a dud specialization that only comes once per expansion. There were plenty of roles the Elementalist doesn’t fulfill or have and instead we were given a specialization that’s a worse version of everything we already do.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Please don’t put words in my mouth. I don’t care if tempest does damage or not, as long as it fulfilled a different role than what we already do (supportive bruiser). Instead, tempest just does what base ele does, but worse. Ele already has an aoe damage spec (Staff ele as used in pve, not viable in pvp due to its nature), a supportive/bruiser spec that fights in melee (d/d or s/d ele), a pure support/ semi-bunker (staff ele in pvp), and a crappy single-target bust spec (fresh air).

What it doesn’t have are viable condi specs of any kind (poor condi spread due to locking condis to elements), viable melee burst (due to terrible hard damage mitigation), a long-range burst spec (all ele damage is pretty slow to develop making staff and dagger fight melee, while scepter requires melee to reliably hit phoenix and only has 900 range besides), a true bunker spec (again due to lack of hard mitigation in the form of blocks), and that is just off the top of my head.

Tempest falls into the former category, and competes directly with d/d or s/d ele to do the EXACT SAME THING. If you want to build “full support” then you are competing with staff. In both cases, you end up with a strict downgrade, and even if it is an upgrade IT IS NOT A DIFFERENT ROLE.

I know you are going to white knight for the tempest staunchly given your history, but if you were honest with yourself you would recognize that tempest doesn’t open up a new role and isn’t even effective at competing with the existing specs at what it DOES try to do.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Please don’t put words in my mouth. I don’t care if tempest does damage or not, as long as it fulfilled a different role than what we already do (supportive bruiser). Instead, tempest just does what base ele does, but worse. Ele already has an aoe damage spec (Staff ele as used in pve, not viable in pvp due to its nature), a supportive/bruiser spec that fights in melee (d/d or s/d ele), a pure support/ semi-bunker (staff ele in pvp), and a crappy single-target bust spec (fresh air).

What it doesn’t have are viable condi specs of any kind (poor condi spread due to locking condis to elements), viable melee burst (due to terrible hard damage mitigation), a long-range burst spec (all ele damage is pretty slow to develop making staff and dagger fight melee, while scepter requires melee to reliably hit phoenix and only has 900 range besides), a true bunker spec (again due to lack of hard mitigation in the form of blocks), and that is just off the top of my head.

Tempest falls into the former category, and competes directly with d/d or s/d ele to do the EXACT SAME THING. If you want to build “full support” then you are competing with staff. In both cases, you end up with a strict downgrade, and even if it is an upgrade IT IS NOT A DIFFERENT ROLE.

I know you are going to white knight for the tempest staunchly given your history, but if you were honest with yourself you would recognize that tempest doesn’t open up a new role and isn’t even effective at competing with the existing specs at what it DOES try to do.

Just saying the truth at the end of the day becuse you even talk about mostly dmg when you talk about ele. So it seems from what your saying and pointing out that you wanted tempest to be a dmg class and its not so you do not like it. In no way will it become a true dmg dealing class it has a bit more condition dmg then ele but its only burn / bleed that alone dose not make for a good dmg condition class and or set up. So when you do think on tempest play to its current str healing/boon support and tanking.

Ask your self this what category dose ele not fall into? That will say a lot of what “new” things tempest can do. Most other elite spec do not realy do any type of new category from there base classes they just do things in a different way but over all its the same effect. There are new things tempest dose that ele dose not and realy you should know them by now.

Tempest is a much better melee class then ele and d/d even d/f ele has effectually died in wvw and is going to drop out of spvp soon. Ele will become mostly a ranged class where tempest fills that melee mages roll. Staff dose not fit tempest all that well i guess you could do melee staff on tempest but the skills come out slow for melee. Scepter may have a places on tempest only time will tell.
For sure d/x is what tempest is about and dagger main hand on ele not a pure dmg wepon is a balance wepon its the off hand weapons where you see the brake from dmg tankly and now support with wh. Tempest can play to all 3 types of off hand as needed. D/x ele where never the best support class beyond boon support now that we have tempest with the chose of wh in off you can play the melee healing / boon support class. What mostly keeped d/x ele from being a full on support both healing / boons was the lack of any type of field other then fire (always wished forces had a water or chill field but it did not) now we have a water field one of the best field for support in the game (i would of loved chill too but no luck but tempest can push down a lighting field if they need to it has use but not as much). The added auras on shout is a major shift from the selfish utility that ele has cantrips are great an all but they do not help your team one bit. Shout gives you the abitly to put utility for your team and not just your self.
I am not sure how much more can be said about this class to prove its an support / def aimed class. From its new wepon of WH from its new F1-F4 effects to its line that is all support and def and its class only utility that comply brake from every other utility ele has being pt aimed and not self aimed.
So when you do play the BWE3 as a tempest play to its specialization of support and tank and judge the class on that type of game play and ask for effects with in that type of game play.
So what dose this mean: asking for higher dmg and getting a bit on tilt for losing dmg and lacking dmg effects is a waist of time and more of a meas of venting then being productive. Asking for higher def and support much like making auras stronger or even fixing them to all stack like frost is a very productive set of things to ask for. Now a very nice thing that they have added to tempest is added a buff to your pt when your overloading in air for them to hit harder that is something that fits the tempest ideal well an support effect that helps your pt but not the tempest it self.

If you just wanted to be an ele +1 your not going to get that from tempest in truth you should not get that from any elite spec for ele that just simply not the ideal behind them. Other elite spec are getting stronger effects then there base class and they will suffer for it by simply replacing the base class. There going to be major nerfing going on to elite spec who fall into this and i find its better to start week and be build up in power then to start strong and be brought down.

[BWE3] Adopt a Tempest

in Elementalist

Coldtart.4785

That’s a long wall of text to say “I’m going to ignore everything you say and pretend you said this instead.”

You cannot make a functional tempest build that cannot be improved by taking a spec other than tempest. Try and prove me wrong.