Best Light Armor combo

Best Light Armor combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

I’m not talking about looks but stats/runes.

Finally got my Elementalist up to 80 and so far been going on a power/vitality combo with full Superior Rune’s of the Dolyak and been using dagger/dagger.

Just wondering what others think the best stat combo for Elementalist would be.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Best Light Armor combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

For the purposes of Dungeons and Fractals, full Berserker Gear with Scholar Runes or Ruby Orbs (check my guide in my sig).

For WvW, probably Soldiers, Knights, Valkyrie, Cavalier, and some Berserker is your best bet. I like going glassy Staff Ele in full Berserker and staying deep inside zergs.

Best Light Armor combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

OK thank you for the info.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Best Light Armor combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

For PVE since you want the best damage output possible Berserker is usually BiS with scholare runes or ruby (as Neko said)),

For PvP Celestial with rune of strength is also best as of now

WvW is a bit more touchy, since it depends a lot on what you like to do, but most people will suggest you to at least achieve those stats to have a minimum of survivability while dishing out enough damage:
At least 2k power min.
Around 2300-2600k armor
30% crit chance min.
180% crit damage min.
15k health (you can have around 16k if you feel you’re too squishy, but the longer you’ll play the easier it will become to survive with less health (timing your dodge and evade etc.))
With those stats people tend to do fairly well in roaming, if you want to join a zerg getting a bit more toughness/vit and healing power will benefit you and the team more than going full power.

For the runes:
Strength
Hoelbrak
Water
Monk
Scholar
Melandru while I had it

Sigil of battle, force and bloodlust are pretty much what is going around right now
You could also go with sigil of energy and if you have high crit (superior to 50% most of the time) you can go for fire or strength

Avoid sigil that use the same ICD (on swap, on crit and on hit) and if you use stacking bonus (bloodlust for example) Switching weapon (yes going in water count as switching) you’ll lose your stack unless your other weapon have the same sigil.

Best Light Armor combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

@joshc did you just… necro your own thread from a year ago to say thank you?

Best Light Armor combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dav.9152

Dav.9152

@joshc did you just… necro your own thread from a year ago to say thank you?

haha, that’s awesome. Better late than never.

Live, learn, level up.

Best Light Armor combo

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I laughed so hard, thank you.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.