Best ele build to level quickly in PvE?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

I’m looking for something that will help me get to 80 quick. I’m currently level 36, and I’ve been focusing on a power/precision build with a staff. The damage is there, but I’m so kitten squishy that I seem to die at least once or twice an hour. I came from a Ranger character, so that may have something to do with it.

Can anyone recommend a setup for PvE that will get me to 80 quickly?

in Elementalist

Kyosji.8961

Guessing no? /15 characters

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Guessing no? /15 characters

Ele never stops being squishy. EVER. You have to learn to not get hit. Also if you want to quickly level. The faster way to level is to either by crafting to get by the terrible hump that is 30 to 60 Or going to EoTM and following the karma train with a staff. That’s it.

The ele never becomes less squishy until 80 when you can make up with traits and skills and armor.

in Elementalist

Kyosji.8961

I’ve actually never been in EotM. That came out after I left for the first time. I’ll check it out.

in Elementalist

Kyosji.8961

So, EotM give more exp then world completing? Time wise.

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

So, EotM give more exp then world completing? Time wise.

crafting or Eotm is the fastest way to level. Short of tomes which you don’t have. follow the karma train. It is boring, but it will get the job done.

in Elementalist

Kyosji.8961

Thank you. I will try that when I get home.

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

Getting downed once or twice an hour isn’t a big deal. I started with staff, then moved to d/d when I didn’t feel like kiting anymore.

in Elementalist

Kyosji.8961

How is d/d in EotM? I’m loving it out there, so thinking of trying somethign new.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Not sure how D/D for leveling in EoTM is, but D/D Cele Ele is the best spec in GW2 sPvP right now, so there’s that.

Also, I think D/D Berserker is probably the best open world PvE set, in my opinion. Some players prefer other stuff and that’s fine, but I think D/D is far easier to level with than Staff.

In general, the trees that interest you for PvE for Dagger/Dagger leveling would be:
Air for Fresh Air
Fire for damage
Arcana for utility
Water for more damage modifiers

For PvP, the lines that would interest you would be:
Arcana for utility and sustain
Water for more healing
Fire for damage
Air for damage

You can talk to me in game to hear my thoughts on the matter.

(edited by Neko.9021)

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

You guys are answering what is good weapon to use while lvling not what is the fastest way to level, which is to mindlessly follow the karma train in EOTM with a staff.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

The fastest way would indeed be following the karma train. Or completing events in general.
Still the best way to actually learn how to play the class anywhere near ideal. Is doing the boring content, open world. Since you will be confronted with different mobs-types of which you should know their mechanics when playing at the cap.

The fastest way to level is using Tome of Knowledge. You can basically get to 80 within 2 minutes. If you’re that bored of leveling. Try different reward tracks in PvP and log in daily to get your Tomes.

My advice would be playing D/D for leveling. Back in the days I used it for leveling. Because you didn’t have access to the good skills and the whole NPE wasn’t broken back then. Anyways it’s way easier leveling know than 2 years ago. Just try different styles so playing staff 24/7 won’t get too boring.

Ganbatte

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto