Best elementalist build?

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: VoidWhisperer.8635

VoidWhisperer.8635

Hi.. I’m very new to GW2 and I usually go mage in whatever game I play, which is what elementalist seems to be.. So, I had a question for you all. In your opinion, what is the best elementalist build?

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MagusShade.2358

MagusShade.2358

i dont think there is a “best build” right now – especially since any good builds elementalists have are being whack-a-moled with nerfs right now.

I suggest trying all the weapons elementalists can use, seeing which ones you like and playing the game to level 60 or so just trying out things. That way you can form your own opinion about what will work for you.

Not sure how new you are, but if you didnt know: There is no way to screw up a character. Trait points are resettable for cheap, an you will be able to easily get every skill in the game and still have extra skill points =)

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

If you want to play a mage, I seriously suggest taking a look at the Mesmer first. Please.

The Elementalist is powerful and has an incredible build (0/10/0/30/30). And I really love the Ele a ton.

But if you’re hoping to play some utilitous spell caster who wields powerful utility and damage spells all in one, go look at the Mesmer first.

Ele has three sorts of roles at the moment – the Staff user which is mainly a WvW AoE utility/nuker type, the Scepter which is probably the most traditional caster type with OK (but not incredible) mid-range DPS, and the Dagger Ele which seems to be some sort of street fighter or Avatar (as in the TV show) duelist.

But if you’re going for a mage sorta character with powerful burst and powerful utility, you’re much better off with the Mesmer.

If you really wanna play Ele, here is my guide to the D/D Ele in Dungeons and Fractals: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Neko-s-Guide-to-the-D-D-Ele-in-Dungeons-1

(edited by Neko.9021)

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

listen to no one saying how bad elementalist is right now. d/d bunker ele is among the best things in the game right now. i’ll go as far to say it’s almost overpowered.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

listen to no one saying how bad elementalist is right now. d/d bunker ele is among the best things in the game right now. i’ll go as far to say it’s almost overpowered.

Right…a light armor profession is considered OP when forced to go all defensive to avoid instant death..yeah ele is definitely OP

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

While leveling, try lots of things out. Almost any weapon set can work. I think D/D might be a bit more survivable at times (and its very fun to zip around the battlefield dishing out bits of damage here and there), but I really enjoy S/F in tough areas. The focus is very strong defensively, bringing good group support when you learn its uses (Karkas almost kill themselves if you reflect properly). It is not needed too much at lower levels, when you might want the offense of a dagger so that you can kill things with some level of speed. Get used to healing often, however, as our power is pretty weak (esp at lower levels), and we get smacked pretty hard (again at lower levels). Focus on learning the weapons and the play-styles at that stage. Anything can work in PvE. PvP, you will have to spec to survive however.

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

try S/D and concentrate on pulling off blast finishers in your fire field they’ll give you a nice temporary stat boost through the might boon plus its a good burst.

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Its as overpowered as a rock,tree or another piece of scenery-you cant kill it but it actually serves no purpose.

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

“Best elementalist build”

You’re kidding me, right?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

“Best elementalist build”

You’re kidding me, right?

Why not? There really is only one good build, and the rest are variations on it.

30 points in Arcane (or 20)
10 points in Air (or 15 or 20)
20 points in Water (or 25 or 30)

Sure you can go something like 30 30 0 0 10 and it will do a pretty nice amount of damage, but it’s extremely easy to kill and is viable only if you can stand back and nuke things (WvW zergs, some PvE encounters).

However, this one build is very strong when used with D/D. Even though the trait points are all distributed into the healing + utility trait lines, it still maintains decent damage (for someone that tanky) with permanent fury, 2% damage per boon from 25 points in water, and might that can be stacked (somewhat). It has good condition removal, mobility, and a lot of stun breakers. The healing is not bad as well.

TLDR: We have only one build but it’s very good

It might be overpowered in sPvP according to some people (I don’t sPvP much, so no comment) but in WvW, which I usually play, D/D is nothing to write home about. The range sucks so it is only viable for roaming, in which case you might as well play a Thief.

The staff is nice for zerg-nuking, and still works with the same trait set-up, but many classes can do the same thing (staff necro, grenade engineer.etc). Staff is not amazing, but it’s alright.

Edit: Compared to other classes, D/D Elementalist isn’t completely terrible at roaming (sorry if seemed that way). It can still escape, just not amazingly well after the RTL nerf. With that being said, I have a lv 80 Thief so I stopped running around with D/D after the RTL nerf. Still fun to play though.

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

I almost exclusively WvW and im running a S/D Tele-Churn/Toughness build that i have had great success with. it takes a high level of skill to execute but once you have it down. you can last to the end of any engagement and dish out a nice amount of damage, all while having heals and condition removal at your disposal.

SO as was said above.. take the time to know your class through and through so you can make your own decisions as a build that is great for one is awful for others.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

There’s no best build, every build from every profession has another build/s that can easily counter it. The recommendation I always give to new eles is start with the popular build d/d wep set 0/10/0/30/30 and then as you get better and better both in pve and pvp try the dps or burst builds where they aren’t as bunker but definitely succeeds in pve and wvw only if you are skillful with the profession and during combat.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

Hi.. I’m very new to GW2 and I usually go mage in whatever game I play, which is what elementalist seems to be.

MESMER!

Elementalist are a good profession but they are nowhere close to the Wizard-like ranged damage powerhouse you find in other games. Elems are more a support versatile hybrid doing average at everything. They are good for classic druids or shaman lovers.

Best elementalist build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

as mesmer/ele player i agree with ouarior…

If you want a dps mage go mesmer…if you like purple butterflies at least.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.