Best possible stats?

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

So i played around in the build editor because i wanted to find the best possible stats for my D/D Ele.
It has 30% crit chance (50% with perma fury)
88% Crit Damage will give my ele very good burst damage
17k Hp
2616 Armor will give my ele decent survivability
645 healing power & 295 condition damage is just a bonus from the celestial gear

So will anyone challange me? Link a build with the best possible stats!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmkbwx5gjDAkHuYCLiCPUekzM2A-jkCBYjBMRtIaslhht6KIlXRTVDQZDTFbR1WzCyG0KrSBExwI-w

(edited by Eviscera.9703)

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Belial.1605

Belial.1605

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So i played around in the build editor because i wanted to find the best possible stats for my D/D Ele.
17k Hp
645 healing power & 295 condition damage is just a bonus from the celestial gear

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmkbwx5gjDAkHuYCLiCPUekzM2A-jkCBYjBMRtIaslhht6KIlXRTVDQZDTFbR1WzCyG0KrSBExwI-w

Power> the other offensive stats.

If we cut some of that critical damage down pumped up power more you would do more damage. People fall in love with with critical damage over power.

Ask yourself this on the importance of power:

If you take 10/0/30/30 in full zerk armor vs full celestial armor which one does more damage? You probably already know the answer even with celestial armor giving more overall critical damage zerker. It isn’t even close in a zerk vs celestial comparison.

So your best overall stat build has very low power at 1638 that is even with a +100 power food buff. I would move some of that critical damage to power as in drop some of the celestial armor. You would do better with a few knights pieces increasing power and precision and toughness while dropping some critical damage.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cassiel.8762

Cassiel.8762

Was so excited when I saw those stats in the first post….until I saw the power :/

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Eviscera.9703

17k Hp

If we cut some of that critical damage down pumped up power more you would do more damage. People fall in love with with critical damage over power.

If you take 10/0/30/30 in full zerk armor vs full celestial armor which one does more damage? You probably already know the answer even with celestial armor giving more overall critical damage zerker. It isn’t even close in a zerk vs celestial comparison.

So your best overall stat build has very low power at 1638 that is even with a +100 power food buff. I would move some of that critical damage to power as in drop some of the celestial armor. You would do better with a few knights pieces increasing power and precision and toughness while dropping some critical damage.

I gave it another shot: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmkbwx5gjDAkHuYCLiCPUekzM2A-j0DBYfIYjBkEJhUBAJfBK7EMRVZtMMiVXJr8KoKkY6XRWFTI1aWo2gWRTKgIGDA-w

Can you also link your build?

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

17k Hp

I gave it another shot: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmkbwx5gjDAkHuYCLiCPUekzM2A-j0DBYfIYjBkEJhUBAJfBK7EMRVZtMMiVXJr8KoKkY6XRWFTI1aWo2gWRTKgIGDA-w

Can you also link your build?

Now that is cooking the right meal. On my phone I can post something later. It won’t have boon duration though. 2530 armor is about the best you can get with boon duration setup unless you go all cav or knights heavy on trinkets or armor.

{Thief}

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

{Thief}

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Power is by far the best stat. It has more impact than any other, as it’s the only stat that scales 1:1

Increase your power from 1000 to 2000, and you increase your damage by 100%.
Increase your crit damage from 0 to 100, and, assuming you have 60% crit chance, you increase your damage by 46%.
Increase your precision from 1000 to 2000, and, assuming you have 70% crit damage and perma fury, you increase your damage by 44%.

It’s also worth noting that toughness, vitality, and healing power are also not 1:1
Damage reduction scales with total armor, not toughness. Increase your toughness from 0 to 1000, and you take about 1/3 less damage, not 1/2.
Ele base health is low, so vitality is almost 1:1 for tanking initial burst damage, but after any healing at all, it’s no longer 1:1 for staying alive.
Healing power scaling varies by skill, but it’s almost always much lower than 1:1. One notable exception: the regeneration boon is pretty close

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

reikken give build 2 us then

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Re: Arcane Abatement
Why do you and daphoenix use this skill?
Most open field fighting there’s no place to drop far enough to use it.
Does it proc when you get hit with hammers or something?

It seems like something that would only be good if you were being zerged in a northern part of a boarderland or jumping off a tower wall/ get pulled off of one.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Eviscera.9703

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

It is pretty close to what I run now. The off hand dagger changes the celestial accessories will change. I have a cav and a zerk backpiece so I run whatever there. The food changes also.

The sweet and spicy butternut is top of the line but it’s damage difference is very small vs truffle steak and in some cases truffle is better. For ele the sweet and spicy is usually better because it has fury and might access but it is very very small difference.

HIt youtube up and search for Nike DnT. It is a PvE focused channel but you can get the information on dps foods he has a video just on the dps foods. Keep in mind this is gear dependent based on a warrior build. It is still a very small difference between the 2 no matter what you run when you consider the price.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

reikken give build 2 us then

depends on what you want your build to do
there are a lot of best builds, but they’re best for different things
the build just has to be optimized

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cobalt.1846

cobalt.1846

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Eviscera.9703

This build is from Xunleashed (a very good elementalist) I don’t think you can get better stats than this: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbyR4gjDAkHuADLiCPUekzM2A-jEEBYgAYjgkIAUBg5ogJqERrlhht6KalXBRbDT5CQ7CSFTp2aOrmzBygOxyAoPGA-w

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

This build is from Xunleashed (a very good elementalist) I don’t think you can get better stats than this: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbyR4gjDAkHuADLiCPUekzM2A-jEEBYgAYjgkIAUBg5ogJqERrlhht6KalXBRbDT5CQ7CSFTp2aOrmzBygOxyAoPGA-w

He would be in a much better spot if he give up those celestial.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pocket.2740

Pocket.2740

I recently started playing a DD ele in WvW and trying to balance stats/gear is really interesting. Here is what I am currently working towards:

0/10/0/30/30
1.9k power
30% crit chance
75% crit damage
2.5k armour
16.5k health
75% boon duration

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEQQJAoYhImmbyR4wjDAkHwYCLiCPUekzM2A-jkCBYjBM1UZNRVQsMMaVXBp8Ks6aYKXAaYJVFLySBExyI-w

I think it is fairly balanced in terms of offensive/defence. I have seen some builds with higher power/crit damange but then lower armour/health. I will tweak with trinkets once I get more experience playing with these stats. Any feedback much appreciated.

(edited by Pocket.2740)

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Eviscera.9703

Actually celestial gives more than any other stat combo. But the problem is how much celestial…

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Eviscera.9703

I recently started playing a DD ele in WvW and trying to balance stats/gear is really interesting. Here is what I am currently working towards:

0/10/0/30/30
1.9k power
30% crit chance
75% crit damage
2.5k armour
16.5k health
75% boon duration

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEQQJAoYhImmbyR4wjDAkHwYCLiCPUekzM2A-jkCBYjBM1UZNRVQsMMaVXBp8Ks6aYKXAaYJVFLySBExyI-w

I think it is fairly balanced in terms of offensive/defence. I have seen some builds with higher power/crit damange but then lower armour/health. I will tweak with trinkets once I get more experience playing with these stats. Any feedback much appreciated.

You should check this out: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1tawyu/psa_the_order_to_add_ascended_celestial_gear_for/

Also i don’t see vitality as very important for WvW roaming. Vitality from applied fortitude with 5 stacks gives you 2,5k HP

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Finished (the first phase) gearing up my staff ele for WvW big group encounters.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEMQFAWhEmmbyx4QlDAkHucCLDFhMSRxOzA-jEzAYOAiBQ2LiJwhsW4KiGrKCTVGZ9ZSVuAejI7TSqTATIg+TAA-w

I was worried that I should’ve crafted some celestial gear, then I looked at how poorly the power stat stacks and decided I made a decent choice. Switch to magi staff for more support but my power becomes very sad. I want as many meteors critting as possible so I mainly use +precision utility food.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Agree really it is splitting hairs when it comes to D/D ele standard build.

The 2 extremes are full zerk or full clerics everything else is in the middle honestly. If you look at most d/d ele builds they always end up around 18k-19k power. 40%-50% chance to crit. 2.5-2.7k armor and 15.5k-17k hp.

That is pretty much where every d/d x/x//x/20/30 build ends up about the dps difference between them isn’t very large.

{Thief}

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

I run a 0 20 0 20 30 in wvw on D/D.
Armor: Chest and pants celestial Head/shoulder/hands and toes can be soldiers to retain tough and HP and steady power. Use divinity runes if you already have it or travelers or Eagle or Scholar or Speed since vitality and speed boost is cheap and nice!

Have full stacks guard and offense in wvw and use dual bloodlust beserker daggers to get 25 bloodlust after killing 13 npcs or creatures. Then roll the build below which I always preach since cantrip nerfs earlier this year.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmcbxR4gjDAEFwYiQxDWUekzM2A-jUDBYfIYjgojAkIBhIAM1cIrJqRsqpIas6aYKXAqYLq2gTQ2gWZVKgIGGB-w

Switch to D/F in group fights if dealing with heavy conditions or in like 10v15 or a 15 vs 25 or a 20 vs 30. If the fight is more even and you have 20v20 you can just D/D it and burst around aoe 3k-5k on chain Down like 4 -5 guys in 2-3 elemental chains with a coordinated team not on TS or it would be way easier.
If you get focus fire you’ll die if in DD from 2 -3 sources of condition spikes along with a warrior hammer spike. 1v4 is hard to shake off but in D/F it allows you to avoid the condition damage however you spikes is reduce to 35% but you have survivability. Hopefully your team last a long as you and crush the zerg.

Side note
After work!
I work pve around 1-2 hours everyday
I wvw around 2-3 hours everyday
I play 1-2 hours everyday in spvp 5v5 or 8v8. I don’t feel comfortable with Team anymore since everyone always TS now lol. No skill req being a puppet on voice spike lol.
Been a DD ele since beta and never stopped Just know when not to engage and run like a kitten. And that even if you down one thief in a 1v2 thief fight. Murphy’s Law states a Hammer warrior will stun you from behind and necro will fear you off a cliff.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThunderCat.8395

ThunderCat.8395

my roaming/dueling build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbwR5gjDAkHwYCLiCPUekzM2A-jEDBofBk+AkIAI1UZM7UQtMMIVNTjVbDT5aR1qYA2bDRzkL1SBIryI-w

Offense:

Based on:
Average damage = Base damage * ( 1 + Critical Chance * ( Critical Damage + 0.5) )
We’ll use our power as base damage here assuming that the weapons are ascended and both daggers, so each skill has the same attack coefficient. The way the attacks are calculated is actually: (weapon damage * power) * (skill coefficient) / (target’s armor), which implies that power does directly scale each hit’s damage.

My Average Damage: 2121 * ( 1 + 0.35 * ( 0.64 + 0.5) ) = 2967.279
OP’s Average Damage: 1638 * ( 1 + 0.30 * ( 0.88 + 0.5) ) = 2316.132
Xunleashed’s Average Damage: 1915 * ( 1 + 0.30 * ( 0.80 + 0.5) ) = 2661.85

Survivability: This build beats OP and Xunleashed’s builds in toughness and vitality

In all honesty, I really don’t think celestial is worth it if you are really trying to max out what I consider to be the most important stats -Power, crit damage, toughness, vitality.
Condition damage does almost nothing for you unless you specifically spec your build to be condi based. If you are going for a condi based build you are better off with a mix of rabid and carrion than celestial IMO. But in a straight damage build, your raw damage is going to win fights, not condi damage.
As far as healing, I used to run a build with 600+ healing, now i run with 350. I have not felt a significant difference. I would prefer to have extra toughness and lower healing power to reduce the incoming damage, rather than depend on healing power to restore health.

TL;DR if you want to max survivability and DPS, celestial is not the way to go-exchanges power (very important!) for healing and condi damage (not important)

ps. If my math is wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Some of these builds have great stats, but I will ask.. Why is everybody using ascended armor? I can guarantee nobody who isn’t* super active has a full set of ascended armor.

Why not use the armor you do have so as to fully represent your current build?

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

(edited by Mbelch.9028)

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Some of these builds have great stats, but I will ask.. Why is everybody using ascended armor? I can guarantee nobody who is super active has a full set of ascended armor.

Wrong bud. You can buy most of the ingredients.. A friend got full ascended within the first 8 days and he is a casual player that play 1-2 hrs at night.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

ThunderCat.8395

Some of these builds have great stats, but I will ask.. Why is everybody using ascended armor? I can guarantee nobody who is super active has a full set of ascended armor.

The thread title is “Best Possible Stats”, and you would not have the max possible stats with exotic armor.
I personally do not have any ascended armor currently, since it costs hundreds of gold for a hardly noticeable stat increase, but that means that I do not have the best possible stats, strictly speaking.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Wrong bud. You can buy most of the ingredients.. A friend got full ascended within the first 8 days and he is a casual player that play 1-2 hrs at night.

You’re right, I meant to say who isn’t super active. But you knew that, and addressed it with your friend who plays super infrequently.

I’d just say to that — 1500 dragonite ore. How. Lol. I’ve got like 100-200 bits of the stuff. I don’t zerg, so if your friend zergs then yeah it makes sense. If I could buy the armor outright, I’d buy it off the TP, I’m just not into the crafting business.

The thread title is “Best Possible Stats”, and you would not have the max possible stats with exotic armor.
I personally do not have any ascended armor currently, since it costs hundreds of gold for a hardly noticeable stat increase, but that means that I do not have the best possible stats, strictly speaking.

This is a good point, so thanks. I agree. I am just a little more practical money wise, so I didn’t think of it that way. I automatically thought “Best stats for the least amount of money spent.” But you’re right.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

You’re right, I meant to say who isn’t super active. But you knew that, and addressed it with your friend who plays super infrequently.

I’d just say to that — 1500 dragonite ore. How. Lol. I’ve got like 100-200 bits of the stuff. I don’t zerg, so if your friend zergs then yeah it makes sense. If I could buy the armor outright, I’d buy it off the TP, I’m just not into the crafting business.

This is a good point, so thanks. I agree. I am just a little more practical money wise, so I didn’t think of it that way. I automatically thought “Best stats for the least amount of money spent.” But you’re right.

Start doing World event boses for dragonite ores. You can easily get over 150 in like a bit over a hour. In addition, he had most of them before the patch kicked in. Here’s a link that can help you http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/blackgate

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Hey thanks! Much appreciated, Heidia. Never actually did much PvE. Now’s the time!

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Hey thanks! Much appreciated, Heidia. Never actually did much PvE. Now’s the time!

Yea no doubt. Just make sure you change it to your server for the current bosses event that are active within your world. YOu will find some of the ones that are very fast only give like 3-5 ores, those with average time 15+. Dragons and temples are usually 30+ per each one.

Back on topic, this my s/f build with the best stats for my playstyle which is power!.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArdhEmQczR5wjEI0DoQQRAwAiHWgDwhVBA-jEDBojBk+AgKAM1cIjZnRtMsIasKkYKXAaXRVFLx2bDa1kLxSBIoyI-w

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cobalt.1846

cobalt.1846

Based on:
Average damage = Base damage * ( 1 + Critical Chance * ( Critical Damage + 0.5) )

The only problem with your comparison is that your not taking might/fury into consideration.. with my build the average damage comes out to 3402.5468 but if you add just 10 stacks of might (very easy for me to maintain) my damage bumps up to 3931.3618 and if i run in a group with 1 warrior then 25 stacks is easy to maintain and bumps my damage up to 4724.5843. All my numbers are based on what are on the gw2skills site so i know they are not completely accurate. Also, if I feel i need more armor i swap in a couple of ascended soldier rings and that would bring my average down to 2961.38, 10 stack average thou would be 3421.63.

no stacks average 2252*(1+0.39*(0.81+0.5)) = 3402.5468
10 stacks average 2602*(1+0.39*(0.81+0.5)) = 3931.3618

To warm up my stacks i usually use the Arcane Power to get things started. People don’t expect to get hit that hard right off the bat and it usually throws people off. By time the 5 crits are done i have my might stacks. So best possible stats is subjective to how you use your traits, armor and skills. I consider my build to be semi glass cannon.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Based on:

The only problem with your comparison is that your not taking might/fury into consideration.. with my build the average damage comes out to 3402.5468 but if you add just 10 stacks of might (very easy for me to maintain) my damage bumps up to 3931.3618 and if i run in a group with 1 warrior then 25 stacks is easy to maintain and bumps my damage up to 4724.5843. All my numbers are based on what are on the gw2skills site so i know they are not completely accurate. Also, if I feel i need more armor i swap in a couple of ascended soldier rings and that would bring my average down to 2961.38, 10 stack average thou would be 3421.63.

no stacks average 2252*(1+0.39*(0.81+0.5)) = 3402.5468
10 stacks average 2602*(1+0.39*(0.81+0.5)) = 3931.3618

To warm up my stacks i usually use the Arcane Power to get things started. People don’t expect to get hit that hard right off the bat and it usually throws people off. By time the 5 crits are done i have my might stacks. So best possible stats is subjective to how you use your traits, armor and skills. I consider my build to be semi glass cannon.

I actually think ThunderCats build is pretty solid. If you look at his rune choices I would say he did factor in might/fury otherwise he would have went 6 Divinity Runes instead of 3 traveler 3 divinity. Why would 15% boon duration matter? 45% boon duration can give you a much easier time to maintain effective might stacks of 20+.

That comparison is basically around standard D/D ele setups with 0/10/0/30/30. Thundercats build vs xunleashed build is that thundercat will be able to survive longer then xunleansed since he has higher armor and vitality. Armor and vitality are important for unavoidable/dodgeable damage.

The problem again with boon duration setup is will anyone let you sit there and stack 25 stacks of might in a fight? Especially more then one person. 10 might stacks is easy with just 30 arcana and happens regularly its hard to hold on to 20 stacks with just 30 arcana. The important thing is after the first 15 seconds of a fight where do you average on might stacks. 45% in Thundercats build should be good for 20 stacks where as 75% boon duration is good for 25 stacks.

In my brief time running around with runes of hoelbrak with d/d ele was when I learned 20% might duration bonus let me hit 20 stacks and hold them long enough in a fight. 20 stacks with just 30 arcana is much harder to hold on to as you are rotating.

If I had to pick I like Thundercats build between those 3 simply because his upfront damage is much better and doesn’t suffer that much of a loss if his might is stripped.

{Thief}

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

ThunderCat.8395

Yeah I’ve run full boon duration in the past. The reason I switched to the 4 divinity 2 traveler build is because I always felt like with the runes of water and runes of monk you are wasting 2 rune slots that only give you 25 healing each.

I feel like even with 45% boon duration you should still be able to maintain perma-fury if you are using zephyr’s boon and attunement dancing correctly.

As far as might goes, I agree that maintaining at least 10 stacks is important to keep your damage up, but in a 1v1 situation it can be hard to focus on triple blasting fire 4 when you are also trying to apply constant pressure to your opponent and dodge his nastier attacks. Not to mention that mesmers are necros are going to be removing all that hard earned might and your damage will tank hard if you are completely depending on it for damage.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Yeah I’ve run full boon duration in the past. The reason I switched to the 4 divinity 2 traveler build is because I always felt like with the runes of water and runes of monk you are wasting 2 rune slots that only give you 25 healing each.

I feel like even with 45% boon duration you should still be able to maintain perma-fury if you are using zephyr’s boon and attunement dancing correctly.

As far as might goes, I agree that maintaining at least 10 stacks is important to keep your damage up, but in a 1v1 situation it can be hard to focus on triple blasting fire 4 when you are also trying to apply constant pressure to your opponent and dodge his nastier attacks. Not to mention that mesmers are necros are going to be removing all that hard earned might and your damage will tank hard if you are completely depending on it for damage.

HOPE Ele are you Black Haired Ele Female that is in the Sanctum often? I think you have a incinerator not sure about the incinerator part. Usually a D/D Ele from Hope that duels there often.

{Thief}

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

ThunderCat.8395

Everything but the incinerator matches my description. 2 ascended daggers. I usually duel in OS a few times per week.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Eviscera.9703

Yes i agree, ThunderCats build is very solid! I just switched the +100 vitality / +70 toughness food to +100 power / +10% CD.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SeuRafinha.5924

SeuRafinha.5924

Thanks for sharing your build ThunderCat, this is what I’m looking for! I’ll just make a little personal change (runes), but in general I’ll not touch it!

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i prefer this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhImkbnx5wjEAEFuYyogIiCPUekzM2A-jEDBYfBkEBgIAMRtIaslhhtMKIlXRTVTqWXDT9KIWzCyG0KrSBExwI-w

Since the nerf to RTL, having some condition damage is qute useful, that is why celestial is not so bad.

Also more crit damage and %.
At least you have a decent burst to attempt finishing your opponent before he can escape…

the only thing preventing your opponent to flee is earth 3…. and the 40 sec RTL that will never hit….so now you need more dps.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Hopefully this is a good place to ask.

What is the accepted requirement for vit/tough?

I have several stat combinations that return

18.5k, 2646
18.5k, 2543
18k, 2605
17k, 2651
17k, 2558

I’m pretty much trading survivability for crit dmg and crit chance (mostly crit dmg, I am maintaining 35 or 40% crit chance), and wanted to see where I should stop giving up vit and armor. I am maintaining minimum 2200 power with T2 sharpening stone and steak-asp.

Thank you.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Hopefully this is a good place to ask.

What is the accepted requirement for vit/tough?

I have several stat combinations that return

18.5k, 2646
18.5k, 2543
18k, 2605
17k, 2651
17k, 2558

I’m pretty much trading survivability for crit dmg and crit chance (mostly crit dmg, I am maintaining 35 or 40% crit chance), and wanted to see where I should stop giving up vit and armor. I am maintaining minimum 2200 power with T2 sharpening stone and steak-asp.

Thank you.

Are we talking standard 20 water 30 arcana D/D?

I think right now consensus for more dps focused would be 16k hp minimum and armor 2.5-2.7k. 2.5 is fine if you are running boon duration setups because of the extra 2 seconds on protection over just 30% boon duration.

Your 2200 power I am guessing a power based rune. I use to run 17k HP and have played at 19k-20k . I think 16-17k is good for WvW. If we are talking staff nuker then I roll around 14.5k-15k.

2.7k armor is possible with some cav/knights thrown in and ascended amor will give you +47 to the armor rating.

My final stats would end up at

2071 power
32% crit chance pre fury
74 crit dmg
2708 armor full ascended armor.

I think that armor rating might be a bit to high so it would leave some room to throw a zerker/valk backpiece.

So it would be 2089 power, 2652 armor, 1684 vit, and 33% chance to crit prefury.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

ryokoalways.3450

D/D, non-standard. Playing around with 20 water 20 arcana primary and 30 variable. Trying to build something where I can switch between various trait allocation and maintain respectable stats through those allocations.

Edit: Also correct, rune of strength. I was trying rune of wurm for HP, but I was told that was overkill.

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

D/D, non-standard. Playing around with 20 water 20 arcana primary and 30 variable. Trying to build something where I can switch between various trait allocation and maintain respectable stats through those allocations.

Edit: Also correct, rune of strength. I was trying rune of wurm for HP, but I was told that was overkill.

I edit my other post to give you a idea of the stats I will end up at with my current build. I think 2.5-2.6k armor is fine and 16-17k vitality

Those are good runes comparable damage to full ruby orbs.

{Thief}

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

ryokoalways.3450

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

My first thought is replace the knights trinkets with cav, ammy as zerk/valk
Back piece to cav change sentinel pieces to soldier.

{Thief}

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: purgatoryz.6038

purgatoryz.6038

Even removing the costly infusions and changing the ascended armor to exotic, this is a very respectable build. I couldn’t theorycraft much better numbers than this for a solid D/D roaming build. And it doesn’t use celestial!

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Re: Arcane Abatement
Why do you and daphoenix use this skill?
Most open field fighting there’s no place to drop far enough to use it.
Does it proc when you get hit with hammers or something?

It seems like something that would only be good if you were being zerged in a northern part of a boarderland or jumping off a tower wall/ get pulled off of one.

I love arcane abatement. It is one of those under appreciated gems most people usually look over. The fact of the matter is that Arcane Abatement provides a Fire Field or Static Field or Blast Finisher on demand. Imagine dropping down a small ledge in Air Attunement followed by 4 Warriors with the “Death from Above” Trait. That means 4 Blast Finishers in your Static field which means LOTS of AoE Swiftness.

This trait works wonders with the new Arcane Brilliance skill as well. It just has a lot of utility and is one of the reasons I will always take it in WvW.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

Best possible stats?

in Elementalist

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

man i have something so awesome setup with ascended armor
just to poor to afford it at the moment :P
3 pieces and a server transfer and im down to 6g and a debt of 130g with no assests what so ever
GG

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.