Best race for elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: fornik.8675

fornik.8675

Hello everyone.

I have a question about elementalist. I want to make a dps elementalist (I think it is D/D). I’m wondering what race should I use? I read on forums a bit, and I heard three races: asura, sylvari and human, but still, I’m not sure which is the best to create character which will cause a lot of damge in PvE and PvP (or WvWvW)

in Elementalist

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Race has nothing to do with stats and you can’t use racial skills in PvP. It’s only about which one you’d like to play

(edited by witcher.3197)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

Makes literally no difference, the racial skills are pretty bad so nobody uses them.
Sure you’ll read on the forums somewhere that Human race is better for some classes because it has racial condi clean, but honestly, there aren’t enough slots to equip those racials over important class skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Some people prefer asura because they have a smaller hitbox in theory. Almost every armor looks best on humans though, and sylvari have some really nice cultural armor, so if you’re going for looks, choose one of these.
But if you want to be awesome, make a charr elementalist :P

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Human, imo.

Reaper of Grenth is an invaluable elite skill for a lot of condi builds. The other races elites are all pretty meh by comparison.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

Or make something that doesn’t look like a overgrown cat that needs a shave, or a midget with bad dental care.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Or make something that doesn’t look like a overgrown cat that needs a shave, or a midget with bad dental care.

Why would a cat need a shave?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Asuran so you can be zojja

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: fornik.8675

fornik.8675

Thx, so If it doesn’t matter so much I will choose asura

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

Probably to late.

I love my Asura.
But humans and silvari have the best armor sets – in my opinion.

With the new camera changes, there really is no reason in taking a smaller class for e.g. Jumping puzzles.
But always keep in mind that legendaries armor/gear in general won’t look as detailed with smaller classes in comparison to their ‘bigger’ racial counterparts.

I think you should take the race – of which you like the animations most. Human and silvari females have the best meteor shower animation – in my opinion.

However I wouldn’t change my Asura elementalist for another race

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto