Best racials for an ele?

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Im thinking of rerolling an ele, ive heard something about sylvari actually having a good racial for an ele? Also which race has better looking male ele armor?

Thanks all.

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

In all honesty, all races (except norn) have good animations for ele. From there on it’s just what you want to pick (your personal taste). Sylvari have very good ones indeed (they just feel right, my favourite of them all), asura feel like they are dancing, and humans are just humans (in a very good way, they feel natural). Charr feel robust, but their robust moves feel appropriately powerful (they just feel like they are powerful) for a melee, staff fire autoattack (Fireball) is amazing too. I don’t like their Meteorite shower channel animations tho.

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Ryou.2398

In all honesty, all races (except norn) have good animations for ele. From there on it’s just what you want to pick (your personal taste). Sylvari have very good ones indeed (they just feel right, my favourite of them all), asura feel like they are dancing, and humans are just humans (in a very good way, they feel natural). Charr feel robust, but their robust moves feel appropriately powerful (they just feel like they are powerful) for a melee, staff fire autoattack (Fireball) is amazing too. I don’t like their Meteorite shower channel animations tho.

Thanks ill look into charr and sylvari, but arent charr against magic is there a story with some form of magic for them?

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Thanks ill look into charr and sylvari, but arent charr against magic is there a story with some form of magic for them?

Depends on the charr, for instance flame legion love using magic but they are the flame legion so no one likes them anyways.

As for racial skills, the reaper of grenth for humans is better than any of the ele elites for dueling purposes in wvw. Human avatar of melandru has some decent uses such as immobilizing spirits for the gorseval encounter in raids. The norn snow leopard form offers a really good escape in wvw in many cases better than fgs having less sustained mobility but stealth to make up for it. Asura’s technobable is pretty nice for breakbar support in pve and that is all I can really think of as far as useful racial skills go.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Mesmer-and-Elementalist-Lore-Origins

This goes into a bit of the lore of magic in guild wars

Bad Elementalist

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Ryou.2398

Would you guys say the male humans have more manly looking ele armors then sylvari? I think I like human and sylvari animations best, char seemed cool but a bit to big for some of the animations.

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cobalt.1846

cobalt.1846

if you check the wiki.. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_set. scoll to the bottom of the page and click on the sex/race you want and it will give you a good idea what the armors look like on each race.

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Ryou.2398

I picked human, the summon one.

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

yeah the Sylvari racial elite is better than all the Ele elites.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Take_Root

downed state is bad for PVP

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I know I am late but best racials are with the asura. I play human and would never give that up but if ypu are looking for a racial comparison, asura has the best ones.

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: kraziyk.6183

kraziyk.6183

Compared to other moms there isn’t a lot of racial to class pros or cons is there. For example there isn’t anythi g like slyvari have a 10% bonus to all magic attack damage versus charr don’t have that racial feat
Is that correct in saying?

Slyvari Engineer | Scarlet Mara

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

The 3 most popular would probably be human in first, asura second and charr third.

Based on animations alone asura comes out on top.
Based on armor looks human comes out on top.

Bad Elementalist

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I picked Norn for my main Ele and I love the ability to have transforms.
When someone asks ’what’s the /best/ for X or Y’ I get sort of fatigued by this, because if you are biased towards one race or another and you use their racials in the right situations, then they all have potential.

I enjoy my snow leopard transformation because I can use the prowl and dash ability for very quick ambush attacks when i need them. Before a certain nerfing of the Norn racial transformations, there was a video floating around of a party of norns in WVW who used the same transformation all together to gank entire havok squads.

To me, prowl and dash are WAY more useful (and fun to use) than FGS. Every single skill in the entire game is situational, and has potential to be useful. And to give people an idea of what it means to be familiar with an elementalist in any aspect of the game, realize there will come a time when developing reflex to swap skills in your bar in between combats will become a boon to you. If you rely only upon the same skills day in and day out, then you’ll never understand what ‘best’ means.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

Asura for Radiation Field and Pain Inverter if you want to go condition.
Elementalist doesn’t have poison or confusion readily accessible.

Else, Human because Humans are awesome.

Race doesn’t really affect anything gameplay wise, the racials are weak enough that you don’t really care about them.

Best racials for an ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

My raid group this week came to the conclusion the sylvari racial skill that entangles a foe is ridiculous against the large spirits on Gorseval and against the worgs in the assault.