Best solo build for open world content?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spurlock.1260

Spurlock.1260

What is the best build/skills/traits if you want to level purely via open world content solo and maybe the occasional dungeon? If there is a link to a current guide, even better. Thanks in advance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I can’t give you the best, because for open world, “best” is subjective to ones personal taste. I can, however, give you a meta build that works for everything PVE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWnMISZDW3AuMAdEIgAQCHIygRzEWKTp3A-T1BBwASUCaU5HgLAAO1fqt/QKdEBeAAAA-w

Its a staff build. This is the second highest DPS an elementalist can achieve. The highest DPS build requires a lot more effort, and revolves around stacking might and spamming lightning hammer 1 over and over. Its boring. This build, however, is very close behind the lightning hammer build, and its a lot more fun and interactive, at least in my opinion.

I will state up front that some of the runes/sigils in this build are a bit expensive. Especially runes of strength. Because I’m poor as hell and can’t afford runes of strength, I use Ruby Orbs. Instead of using sigils of force and accuracy, you can use sigils of fire and air. They’re cheap and work well. They also fit the theme of elementalists if you like that sort of thing.

This video will explain how to use the build (its very simple). Its very informative and covers everything, including viable alternatives.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

That build is incredibly slow to traverse the wild wasteland, 1/10 would not recommend.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Elementalist

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

I can’t give you the best, because for open world, “best” is subjective to ones personal taste. I can, however, give you a meta build that works for everything PVE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWnMISZDW3AuMAdEIgAQCHIygRzEWKTp3A-T1BBwASUCaU5HgLAAO1fqt/QKdEBeAAAA-w

Its a staff build. This is the second highest DPS an elementalist can achieve. The highest DPS build requires a lot more effort, and revolves around stacking might and spamming lightning hammer 1 over and over. Its boring. This build, however, is very close behind the lightning hammer build, and its a lot more fun and interactive, at least in my opinion.

I will state up front that some of the runes/sigils in this build are a bit expensive. Especially runes of strength. Because I’m poor as hell and can’t afford runes of strength, I use Ruby Orbs. Instead of using sigils of force and accuracy, you can use sigils of fire and air. They’re cheap and work well. They also fit the theme of elementalists if you like that sort of thing.

This video will explain how to use the build (its very simple). Its very informative and covers everything, including viable alternatives.

this or 6/2/2/2/2
force and bloodlust/cruelty sigil
scholar runes
basically ur modifiers are so dam high that everything which isnt a vet dies within 2 ticks of font and 1-2 auto attacks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

That build is incredibly slow to traverse the wild wasteland, 1/10 would not recommend.

burning retreat, goes further than rtl , is affected by swiftness

then he has fgs too, for 60 s every 180 s travel.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Kravick.4906

You mean signet of Air isn’t good enough? Some classes don’t even have a move speed signet at all. I find this set up is extremely fast and adequate for traveling. To each their own, I guess.

Stuff goes here.

in Elementalist

Kravick.4906

burning retreat, goes further than rtl , is affected by swiftness

then he has fgs too, for 60 s every 180 s travel.

Burning Retreat is also on a much lower cool down, at 16 seconds, with that build. Compared to RTL at 40 seconds, its better.

Stuff goes here.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noyz.6430

Noyz.6430

Staff has perma-swiftness

E2 > L5(in the same place as E2) – L4 – Heal(blast finisher or swiftness on L), Arcane blast in L5;

You’ll have @40s of switness every 25-30, + burning retreat

in Elementalist

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

i don’t understand how that disables room for MORE mobility in alot more efficient manner, but i guess we’re light years ahead by now… turtles.

sure you can burning retreat but that doesn’t mean u can’t use burning speed before or after it swap out to rtl and updraft along with windborne speed etc etc

Edit for guy under me “ever heard of weapon swapping” the elementalist can use all weapons at his disposal for massive and flexible setting up.
Funniest thing is, i never mentioned any weapon build or trait >.>’’

Best Ele build EU.

(edited by Cries Of Sorrow.5864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

i don’t understand how that disables room for MORE mobility in alot more efficient manner, but i guess we’re light years ahead by now… turtles.

sure you can burning retreat but that doesn’t mean u can’t use burning speed before or after it swap out to rtl and updraft along with windborne speed etc etc

burning retreat has maybe 1300-1400 range w speed? and only 16 s cd

burning speed goes like 300 or so extra and slower than burning retreat, rtl is 40 s cd, and is 900 range

how is d/d more mobility than staff

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spurlock.1260

Spurlock.1260

Thanks for the info guys. I guess i should have mentioned this is for leveling purposes. I’m only lvl 12. Is that build still applicable? I have been using staff anyway so far and it’s great except for how insanely squishy i am.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Edit for guy under me “ever heard of weapon swapping” the elementalist can use all weapons at his disposal for massive and flexible setting up.

They just can’t handle The Train.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

(edited by Acotje.5689)

in Elementalist

Kravick.4906

Thanks for the info guys. I guess i should have mentioned this is for leveling purposes. I’m only lvl 12. Is that build still applicable? I have been using staff anyway so far and it’s great except for how insanely squishy i am.

I’ve leveled with Dagger / Dagger, Scepter / Dagger, and Staff. I found staff to be a lot more efficient in terms of killing things and not dying. It has a nice balance of crowd control and damage so you’re able to juggle multiple mobs at once. I found Dagger / Dagger very difficult when more than two mobs were involved (you just die way to fast) even though it will burst better than staff. Not to mention, staff just keeps you mobile (IMO) better.

Stuff goes here.

in Elementalist

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

They just can’t handle The Train.

QFT <3

Best Ele build EU.