Best way to deal with condition necros?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Virsago.1509

Virsago.1509

Hello,

How do you guys/gals deal with condition necros? What are some good tips, and strategies for dealing with them? I was dueling one last night as D/D(changes often) and could not get rid of her conditions fast enough. Every time I would cleanse them, she would just reapply. Should I be cleansing constantly or wait for some condition to build up?

Thanks,
Virsago

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

You have time on your side, much more than you would against any other type of damage because condtions simply take time to add up. Just burn the necro down while managing the conditions as best you can.

btw, how many condtion removals do you have?

in Elementalist

Virsago.1509

Well, I think one of the main problems with the fight was that I forgot to swap in Ether Renewal. I realized that I was running signet once the fight started. I was using Cleansing Fire and 30 in water with the condition removal when attuning to water and condition removal on regen. I was playing quite defensively which was another one of my problems. I will try it out again tonight with some of guildies and see how I fare.

Thank you kindly for the tips,
Virsago

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Space out your condition removals and you should be fine.

Your healing offsets the damage they do if it’s not built up too much. If you’re removing conditions every time they have 3 bleeds on you or something it’s probably too often.

They shouldn’t be able to kill you at all unless they’re really on point with boon strips/steals etc several times in a row. Even then that might just make it a stalemate if you’re a full on bunker.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

Ether renewal kills every Necro, doesn t matter the build the gear or the set up

you r welcome..

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

Were you using Ether Renewal?

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

Necroes destroyed Valkyrie Ele because of the abysmal low HP. With low crit and constant weakness on you, your dmg will be reduced significantly. Necro doesn’t have a lot of stun break or Stability. They are weak against burst. Without death shroud to absorb dmg, they fight is over by the initial burst. Glass cannon ele can put enough pressure while absorb enough dmg to do the job. Tanky/Hybrid ele is gonna have a difficult time. Don’t cont on Ether Renewal because good necro will fear you out of it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

I think you’d have better luck with counters by playing the class or hearing them from a necro first hand(such as myself). As the previous posters stated, managing to hit etheral renewal gimps our dps completely and leaves us spamming 70-120 autoattacks with sceptre. Any smart necro will save deathshrouds fear for your heal, so make sure you have stability up while activating it. But if you plan on popping stability, make sure they’ve already popped their corrupt boon or you’ll be faceplanting the ground very soon. Of course, this only applies to conditionmancers.

One thing you want to be wary of is the weapons the necro is running. Our weapons are dead giveaways of our builds as they only fit a number of builds each. If you see a dagger in the necros LEFT HAND, you automatically know its a conditionmancer who plans on ravaging your corpse into a jagged horror :p

Incase you can’t be bothered to read this all, make sure you ALWAYS avoid the corrupt boon. Most eles will spam boons once switching into earth, which leaves us conditionmancers with an evil smirk on our faces. Hope this helps in someway, as i have betrayed plenty of my fellow necromancers from replying to this Good luck, and hope to see ya in game… Muahaha.

~Melancholy Death

in Elementalist

Virsago.1509

Thank you all for the tips, I’ve been fighting some of my guild members and I’m doing much better. I may look into making a necro just to see how their abilities work and how they play in more detail, but that’ll be after I get my new gear and build worked out.

Thanks,
Virsago