Blasting Staff, Inaccurate Aiming AoEs

in Elementalist

Posted by: Darunian.9517

Darunian.9517

Currently when one has selected the “Blasting Staff” trait, the AoE aiming circle does not increase in size to compensate, thus making the precision aiming required for Static Field in particular, much more difficult. Please address this, thank you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: gkrit.9416

gkrit.9416

Agreed.

Very misleading. The sizes of the circles should change accodingly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

I just hit 40 and respeced traits to include Blasting Staff, so this is a little disappointing.

[EDIT: Ah, just checked the Wiki and it says Meteor Shower is unaffected by the trait. I think that’s the only cast that would lose out, so question answered. I’ll leave it anyhow, in case someone else had it.]

BUT, I just thought of the question: I assume that the the larger radius is a total win for, say, Healing Rain and that you get the same effect in a larger area. But what about Meteor Shower? It drops meteors in an area and you literally have to be hit by one, right? Does it drop more meteors, or the same number spread out over a larger area. If the latter, it actually dilutes the power of the cast.

(edited by Druitt.7629)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

I just hit 40 and respeced traits to include Blasting Staff, so this is a little disappointing.

BUT, I just thought of the question: I assume that the the larger radius is a total win for, say, Healing Rain and that you get the same effect in a larger area. But what about Meteor Shower? It drops meteors in an area and you literally have to be hit by one, right? Does it drop more meteors, or the same number spread out over a larger area. If the latter, it actually dilutes the power of the cast.

I believe more meteor’s drop to keep the scatter roughly the same (in my anecdotal experience).

Others will probably tell you the same thing.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: delmarqo.5038

delmarqo.5038

I’ve seen this with a few AOEs. The actual effective radius does increase, but ground targeting reticle does not. I can’t remember which ones off hand (Meteor Shower notwithstanding).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

What’s strange is that this does work in pvp, just tested it in the mists and the target circles do increase while in pve they don’t.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

What’s strange is that this does work in pvp, just tested it in the mists and the target circles do increase while in pve they don’t.

the mists has strange interactions with skills. For example, in the mists, vapor form doesnt give you downed penalty, but in PvE it certainly does.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

True for many skills across the classes including all marks on a necro’s staff (minus chillbains, I believe).