Blasting Staff Trait

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: deadcow.6270

deadcow.6270

Hello, I have a little problem with this trait. For me the green or red AoE circles before placing down and AoE don’t enlarge when I have the Blasting Staff trait equipped and stay normal size while the AoE itself does enlarge which is quite annoying. This only seems to be happening to me, everyone that I ask says it works. Any tips or solutions to this problem? Please let me know

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I`ve seen loads of Ele` using that & the red circle doesn`t extend as it should.
Could be a game wide problem.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

From Wikki: Blasting Staff only affects the following skills:

Lava Font: 50%
Ice Spike :25%
Geyser: 50%
Frozen Ground: 25%
Lightning Surge: 100%
Static Field: 33%
Eruption: 25%

Im sure if you test the above you will see it works fine, and not
skills like Meteor Shower which it does not. When you test these
radius increases on target dummies in the mist, you will see that
its not an overwhelming difference. Lava Font and Static Field is nice,
but when they put a 5 target cap on AOE this trait should have
been across all staff AOE skills.

As a staff user, I think the trait is overrated compared to what you
could get in its place.

(edited by Thunderbrew.7034)

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

No you’re 100% right and it’s not just an issue effecting you.

The ground target BEFORE you cast the skill is regular sized. However, as you have said already the skills themselves are appropriately enlarged (except for a few like Meteor Shower).
I would hazard a guess that other people just aren’t understanding what you mean/they aren’t as keen eyed as you are. I’m quite certain it’s a game wide issue.

Personally I’ve learned to judge the size the AoE will be pretty well, so it’s not a huge issue.

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Casty.9743

Casty.9743

People use the ground targeting ? hah blasting staff deff works!

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

I’m quite certain it’s a game wide issue.

^ this; a few necro marks have the same issue with the greater marks traits

ive gotten used to guessing the size on both my necro and ele (although all necro marks are the same size; so slightly easier) and im consistently right on the boundries

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

People use the ground targeting

^ This

Although you are correct OP in your discussion (the green circles for ground targetting are smaller than the enlarged spell effects) did you realise you can skip that bit altogether? In the options menu you can disable the ground targeting so that the spells will automatically be cast wherever your mouse is… No more green circles, no more pointless clicking.

It is not only twice as fast, but will remove the green circles issue for you. It takes a little while to get 100% used to it, but if you stick with it you won’t go back

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

People use the ground targeting

^ This

Although you are correct OP in your discussion (the green circles for ground targetting are smaller than the enlarged spell effects) did you realise you can skip that bit altogether? In the options menu you can disable the ground targeting so that the spells will automatically be cast wherever your mouse is… No more green circles, no more pointless clicking.

It is not only twice as fast, but will remove the green circles issue for you. It takes a little while to get 100% used to it, but if you stick with it you won’t go back

It’s actually beneficial to have ground targeting in a lot of different situations. So yes for some people fast casting is a great solution and cuts out something that for them is unnecessary. But there are a lot of us who actually make a lot of use out of ground targeting.

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

could get in its place.

i’m quite sure healing rain is also affected by it. the circle is just bugged. because even if u stand outside the circle you get the regeneration.

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

But there are a lot of us who actually make a lot of use out of ground targeting.

A genuine curiosity now. In what way is ground targeting useful? I am honestly trying to think of a situation where it would be more beneficial but I can’t come up with any myself.

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Comaetilico.3645

Comaetilico.3645

could get in its place.

i’m quite sure healing rain is also affected by it. the circle is just bugged. because even if u stand outside the circle you get the regeneration.

rain is enlarged but is also bugged… while the skill effect use the increased radius the field still use the non enlarged radius… so using a finisher in the outer part of the enlarged rain wil not proc a combo… this is a bug from beta that just like much of the ele bug is still to be adressed…

as for the usefulness of the trait… for offensive aoe it is reduced (but still has some utility expecially with lava font that as an original small area) but for support aoe like gyser it is a real blessing… the original area for this skil is really little and it’s short duration make it quite hard to land in an efficent way… also the increased area make using finisher inside it a lot easyer ^^

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

rain is enlarged but is also bugged… while the skill effect use the increased radius the field still use the non enlarged radius… so using a finisher in the outer part of the enlarged rain wil not proc a combo… this is a bug from beta that just like much of the ele bug is still to be adressed…

as for the usefulness of the trait… for offensive aoe it is reduced (but still has some utility expecially with lava font that as an original small area) but for support aoe like gyser it is a real blessing… the original area for this skil is really little and it’s short duration make it quite hard to land in an efficent way… also the increased area make using finisher inside it a lot easyer ^^

no, that skilled is even more buggy than that. even using a combo finisher inside the circle wont combo. you need to be around 75% in into the circle in order to get the blast. but the regen works on the intended area. meaning you can stand outside the circle and be granted the regen. it’s a very weird bugg.

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Akbaroth.2861

Akbaroth.2861

But there are a lot of us who actually make a lot of use out of ground targeting.

A genuine curiosity now. In what way is ground targeting useful? I am honestly trying to think of a situation where it would be more beneficial but I can’t come up with any myself.

i use the regular ground targeting to make sure i’m hitting all possible targets. too often when i use fast ground targeting there will be just one enemy just outside of the aoe.

i can understand the tiny increase in speed being useful in pvp but i never pvp and i only even do wvw for the monthly so it’s better for me to make sure i’m hitting all the foes i can with each hit.

i call it a tiny increase in speed because really, all you have to do is click one extra time, which takes less than a quarter second. i’ve played enough shooters and ‘high-speed’ games to know that competitively a quarter second is HUGE, but for otherwise it’s a modest bonus at best.

EDIT: P.S. i also don’t get larger green circles with blasting staff, there was a discussion a while back testing the details of that trait and they mentioned how it does not increase their size.

(edited by Akbaroth.2861)

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: deadcow.6270

deadcow.6270

Thanks for the feedback, hope anet fixes it soon

Blasting Staff Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Biohazard.2043

Biohazard.2043

I’m quite certain it’s a game wide issue.

^ this; a few necro marks have the same issue with the greater marks traits

ive gotten used to guessing the size on both my necro and ele (although all necro marks are the same size; so slightly easier) and im consistently right on the boundries

Yeah there its a similar issue with the necromancer marks. I noticed this the other day when i turned off quick casting. The only necro mark that expanded to the radius was the one that applied chill poison. The others stayed the same.

Jade Quarry
Drexion Miasma – Human Necromancer/ Rryzer Blackpowder – Charr Engineer/
Xoorx – Asura Mesmer