Boost magnetic leaps's damage!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creamble.1652

Creamble.1652

Magnetic Grasp is a very important skill in the elementalist’s fold. All eles that wear dagger at main hand use it for stacking aura and immobilize, but that is all. The immobilize has a reeally short duration and the damage is ridiculous. Boost the Leap’s damage or make it apply a condition (Cripple or Torment, maybe). That’ll make conditition elementalists a little more viable too. Its just a sugestion, give me your comments!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

No. Skill is fine as it is.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

personally, i don’t really care much for the damage but the fact that it’s a projectile is what bothers me

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

I don’t really care if it has a damage, it is a cc skill, not designed for killing.
But I do really want to see it faster (especially jump part) and not glitching every second use.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Yeah no, when a skill does less damage than an auto attack it’s not fine…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I just have problems with the skill magically becoming obstructing and missing all the time.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

No dmg is fine hence it roots and gives you the chance to get close to an enemy running away. The only flaw is that it’s so kitten easily evaded.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creamble.1652

Creamble.1652

I agree with the fact that it never hits. A problem that i am having is that after i dodge i can never summon it. It always go into coolwodn of 4 secs and i have to wait for it. Are you guys having this problem too?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

That’s because it is not suppose to deal huge damage. It is a setup skill for other skill, to position your enemy and you. What skill do it sets up? Think yourself. Too many spoon feed in this forum making everyone runs the same build that are overhyped from a youtube video.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

The leap is so slow/broken that its easier to just immob and run to your target, this skill needs to be revisited, perhaps making it so that you leap THEN immob the enemies (kinda like the warrior’s savage leap) or adding another effect like a damaging condition (TORMENT!).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Agreed, the fire shield provided from the skill when used in a fire field isn’t enough compensation. If the leap was quicker, less broken and the leap hit as hard as impales direct damage(Earth auto attack) I’d be satisfied.
unfortunately it seems like every leap skill across all classes is slightly broken

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Luimes.4281

Luimes.4281

Please gief magnetic leap 10k damage k? moar damage

what is meme

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

perhaps making it so that you leap THEN immob the enemies ).

Nope. It is like 80% of time this skill is used to keep someone away from you/point.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scrib.9207

Scrib.9207

Just make the skill more responsive (faster/less glitchy) and i’ll be pretty happy.

Half the time i use the leap, the 2 sec immobilize is already gone by the time i finish the leap, and my target is free to dodge my following skill. And if they are using -condi duration food, they are already on their marry way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Magnetic Grasp is a very important skill in the elementalist’s fold.

That’s basically all that needs to be said. There’s no compelling reason at all to boost it’s damage.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Luimes.4281

Luimes.4281

MOAR DAMAGEEEEE

what is meme

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Only reason I use it is to get Fire Aura by pulling myself thru Ring of Fire. That’s a pretty strong benefit as is.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

it is fine as it is. leave it at that. dagger mainhand is and always been awesome (not talking about auto atks besides air)

what rly needs changes is scepter fire auto , scepter water skill 2, those 2 skills rly need changes.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

aside the fact that is slow as hell and easily dodgeable and is also bugged beyond logic (try grasping an enemy on a cliff, while YOU face the cliff….), it is a great help to our enemy when we use this skill (we are for example jumping right in the middle of necro conditions, engi turrets, mesmer clones ecc), while considering our light armor and low HP would have much more sense a pull (bringing foe out of their safe zone).

Again, a devs choice I don’t really understand.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

The skill is a bit too random for my taste as well. Quite often it is preferable to ignore the leap after the immobilize and walk to your opponent instead, especially when you are at rather close range already. The time that it takes to regain control over your character is just too long in my opinion (but as others have stated, this is not unique to the elementalist).

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

this game is still beta.

I mean just look at the disaster that is ranger mainhand sword, their highest dps weapon.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Fire Shield is fine with this skill.More than fine actualy.The amount of might is insane.
I also use it as a kiting weapon.There is nothing better than immobilising an enemy D/D ele and see him lose his RTL/Shocking Aura combo,or a warrior whirlinding in his place.

What should be fixed is the bug that makes the projectile dissapear halfway to the enemy target.Half the times is that and other half they dodge it

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Only reason I use it is to get Fire Aura by pulling myself thru Ring of Fire. That’s a pretty strong benefit as is.

Yeah, the 1 time out of 10 that it actually hits someone…They really need to revisit travel speed. It seems like any small bump in the road or difference in elevation between you and the target means that it won’t hit. Plus it gets evaded way too easily even when the enemy doesn’t seem to be dodging. =\

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Please gief magnetic leap 10k damage k? moar damage

You do realize people are asking for it to just have a base 67 damage delve increase along with proper functionality right? … If anet implemented this minor buff/fix right now with out telling us on patch notes I’m sure you would never even notice.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I just have problems with the skill magically becoming obstructing and missing all the time.

I agree. I’d like to see it hit more reliably but that’s about it.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I agree. I’d like to see it hit more reliably but that’s about it.

I was playing last night and I noticed that elevation has a lot to do with it. I’m really wondering what the coded qualifications are for it to hit the target. They should use the same pathing as RTL. My target can be up a flight of stairs, and RTL will shoot me up those stairs and right onto my target. I don’t understand why Magnetic Leap is a projectile. I feel it should work more like RTL where it’s just a leap, and not a projectile that needs a second button press to leap.

In my opinion, it should just be a leap that also immobilizes people upon leaping. I’ve literally had people outrun the projectile.