Break bars and overloads

Break bars and overloads

in Elementalist

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Reading around the sub here and there’s been some talk about wanting a break bars on all of the over loads.
And i got to ask is that something you really want?
On the Revenant’s shield, breaking that means a 2 second stun and 25 stack of Vul.
I don’t know if that applies to every break bar though.
Still even if eles fart condi cleanses, is that something you want to go through with all your overloads?
I haven’t played the last BWE so i don’t know what happen when the earth one pops.

Break bars and overloads

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

When the earth one pops you simply have earth attunement go on longer cooldown and you don’t get the immob/blast at the end. don’t quote me on this, but I think the breakbar needed 3 or 4 CCs to break. I’d be 100% fine with breakbars of that level on each overload even if it meant dealing with something like a stun/vuln if it broke, since right now the overloads have the same penalty as earth for being interrupted and they don’t even get breakbars.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Break bars and overloads

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

The break effect is skill-specific. On revenant it’s massive vuln and a stun but it doesn’t have to be that way for every class. The data mining stuff for warrior are getting out and the break bar they get doesn’t seem to have the vuln. (Or course, that’s just data mining.)

Break bars and overloads

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Break-bars wouldn’t fit imo. the best thing would be to give 2 stacks of stablity to you and allies when you give auras. This would make shouts worth using and would help tempests get a full overload off.

The tempest was designed for wvw frontline support so I don’t understand the reasoning some people have when they say its bad in pvp and pve.

the only changes tempest needs is lower cd on some of the shouts, Elemental Bastian gives 2 stacks of stability instead of heals and the might duration from overload fire needs to be increased. This gives them stability for frontline, support from shouts and good might uptime to share with allies.

I am going to post this suggestion in every possible thread because this is what will create new wvw comps. That is what will make tempest a viable option for heavy frontline groups.

Bad Elementalist

Break bars and overloads

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I wont mix overload and auras. I tired again to make a useful build with the current traits. I totaly fail to adapt my ele using tempest. The only way it might work would be to build a toal new support ele with auras, that is used as a healing bot :-/.

Break bars and overloads

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

The tempest was designed for wvw frontline support so I don’t understand the reasoning some people have when they say its bad in pvp and pve.

So regardless of what happens, I was never going to enjoy the Tempest because it was designed for WvW(very poorly as well)?

No, every elite spec should be usable in every mode.
Reaper has great traits and skills for all modes, Chronomancer does as well.
Why not Tempest?

Break bars and overloads

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

So regardless of what happens, I was never going to enjoy the Tempest because it was designed for WvW(very poorly as well)?

Why not Tempest?

With that logic scepter should work in every game mode too. I’m not saying you can’t run it but its far from optimal in other game modes.

Bad Elementalist

Break bars and overloads

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

With that logic scepter should work in every game mode too. I’m not saying you can’t run it but its far from optimal in other game modes.

Scepter wasn’t touched in eternity, tempest is the newly designed spec. I believe there is a difference.

Break bars and overloads

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Why not Tempest?

A single weapon isn’t equal to a new trait line, a new weapon, a new set of utilities, and a brand new mechanic. Regardless, Scepter SHOULD be more viable.