[Build Help] D/D Earth/Fire Condi Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArtifexDominus.8675

ArtifexDominus.8675

Hey guys,

I am here to ask for help to fine tune a build, rather than why this build isn’t the best idea. Now that being said, I am totally open to completely scrapping the build for something better if its utter trash.

Currently I have setup what I believe to be a build I would like to try, and play with mostly in PvE and some WvW. I tend to run staff in WvW and currently have full exotic zerker gear, and traited as such. I think (can’t remember ankitten ot in game atm) i have traited full air, 4 arcane, and maybe the rest in earth? This works ok, and i do quite a bit of damage as it stands.

However I find myself running D/D when I am solo (read: practically all the time) and spend a lot of time in earth and fire naturally thanks to my playstyle. Because of this, I want to build a set of solo PvE gear, and a build that I can use when solo general purpose, and return to my zerker stuff during WvW and other stuff.

Here is the D/D Earth/Fire Condi Build I have setup so far, gear included. My reasoning for the gear, was to boost condi damage first (obviously) and then to balance a few things. I went mostly for critical stuff rather than power (maybe that’s bad?) and also went for a mixture of Toughness and Vit for some help in survivability while I wait for condi’s to do their job.

As stated, I want to keep within the theme, instead of telling me that condi builds are dumb. But if you see something i should completely change, to better fit my vision of the playstyle above, please… let me know, especially on the gear and traits. I don’t wanna sound snobish, just don’t want a bunch of replies with, don’t do condi, its overdone!

THANKS!

(edited by ArtifexDominus.8675)

in Elementalist

Posted by: amaranthined.5167

amaranthined.5167

Firstly; I’m not gonna say don’t go condi, but in PvE it’s not ideal, although if you’re just running around solo doing map comp or something I guess go for it? But most groups won’t really be happy if you run this for dungeons or something…on the other hand if you roam with this in WvW you can probably have some fun trolling people.

That being said, I’m returning your build with my fixes and I’ll try and explain my changes, warning this is going to get LONG:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYhMM6cW5wvBf0AdAGxTwEYcAoAEALmDaBA-TxRHwABeAAsU/5uSQAnAA06BCt/wRlfBAOA2tuBgd3d3d3d3SBAzaA-e

WEAPONSET + SKILLS

I left it as d/d since I don’t know if you’re comfortable playing other weapons, but I recommend trying out s/f for condi, sceptre earth AA is much easier to stack bleed with and focus has some nice defensive utility to help outlast your opponent You could even try going d/f since you don’t need the burst of offhand dagger in a condi build.

Arcane Brilliance >> Ether Renewal: AB heals for less than a fully-cast ER, and you do not need the blast finisher to stack might since this build is not power based. Also, condi-cleanse is a good thing to have.

Signet of Air >> Lightning Flash: Personal preference, but in WvW there are lots of spots where LF can get you out of a bad situation or to use it as a gap closer on an opponent running away.

Arcane Shield >> Signet of Earth: Normally I would never seriously put a signet into a build, and condi builds usually take Signet of Fire for the burn on activate, but the patch tomorrow (today??) will add bleed on activate to SoE and its passive brings your toughness to 3k. (I’m going somewhere with this, I promise.)

TRAITS:

Taking 6 out of Fire and redistributing to Water and Arcane: You get 300 power and condition duration from this, the latter of which is nice but the power is unnecessary (the difference between 900 power and 1200 power is pretty negligible, you still hit like a wet noodle) and nothing you get out of traiting into Fire is better than what you get out of traiting into Water and Arcane, especially for the added sustain via condi cleanse and boons on attunement swap.

Geomancer’s Alacrity >> Strength of Stone: The reduced CD on earth skills is not nearly as good as gaining 300 condi damage (on top of the 300 you get from traiting full Earth) from your toughness.

Serrated Stones >> Diamond Skin: You have 3k toughness, they can’t apply condi until you’re below 90% health: you’re going to be a nightmare to try and get below the threshhold, and then you have ER/Water Attunement to cleanse condi and heal back up over it again. You don’t need the extra bleed duration since you are taking Krait runes, and the 5% damage increase compared to being last man standing is meh.

GEAR:
Sigil of Hobbling >> Geomancy: You have 3 sources of crippling, 1 of which is probably not going to hit most of the time (Churning Earth) Rather than duration of a condi you can barely apply reliably, geomancy gives you access to bleed even when you swap out of Earth to heal, and more bleed to proc your Krait Rune +duration.

Sigil of Agony >> Doom: Poison is a handy condition to have, especially against warriors with healing signet. Also, gives you another type of condition you can apply to mask your bleeds when they condi cleanse. You already have an absurd amount of bleed duration, you really shouldn’t need anymore.

Also, I gave you food/utility. Yay.

Take whatever parts of this you like or change it up, just tried to explain all the choices I made so you can make your own decisions about you want this build to be or not to be. Super sorry it got so long!

Henge of Denravi [VLK]
Zvezdana & Dana Uses Splash; Elementalist // Evegeniya; Engineer // Melinoe; Necromancer

in Elementalist

ArtifexDominus.8675

Firstly; I’m not gonna say don’t go condi, but in PvE it’s not ideal, although if you’re just running around solo doing map comp or something I guess go for it? But most groups won’t really be happy if you run this for dungeons or something…on the other hand if you roam with this in WvW you can probably have some fun trolling people.

That being said, I’m returning your build with my fixes and I’ll try and explain my changes, warning this is going to get LONG:

…SNIP…

Take whatever parts of this you like or change it up, just tried to explain all the choices I made so you can make your own decisions about you want this build to be or not to be. Super sorry it got so long!

Thank you so, SO much! This is exactly what I wanted! I don’t plan on running dungeons with this, as I still use staff in groups like WvW etc. This was exactly the reasoning I wanted.

If anyone else wants to chime in on their opinions, the more info the better!

Thanks again!!

in Elementalist

ArtifexDominus.8675

TRAITS:
Taking 6 out of Fire and redistributing to Water and Arcane: You get 300 power and condition duration from this, the latter of which is nice but the power is unnecessary (the difference between 900 power and 1200 power is pretty negligible, you still hit like a wet noodle) and nothing you get out of traiting into Fire is better than what you get out of traiting into Water and Arcane, especially for the added sustain via condi cleanse and boons on attunement swap.

I did want to address this. I traited into fire, less for the power and more for the various burn/damage boosts in fire, as this build would leave me in earth and fire most often. I would be interested in hearing your argument for the bonuses for Water and Arcane, seeing as how i wont be swapping a ton, and it appears on the surface that extra condi dmg of my own is superior to condi cleanse for incoming stuff.

Thanks again!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

I like this idea. The scepter seems better because you can use the arcane trait that gives you increased endurance regen while wielding scepter instead of the on crit vigor, allowing you to go dire weapons over rabid for even more tankiness.

What do y’all think is better: the defense from focus or the blasts and mobility of OH dagger? I may try this with perplexity runes. Ele has a few interrupts and adding confusion would be awesome.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAodhcMKb25wuBf0AHAGpmQ4AwAYHO+GED2BA-TJhAwAw2fYcZgNnAAAPAAA. Is the condition build I use in spvp/tpvp. It is very effective. With today’s patch the LF will get replaced with earth signet. I’ll link you the 2 WvW versions I use of this build when I get home tonight.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

bump
Not really though cause this is exactly what I was looking for. Especially not a fan of D/D but S/F is awesome. Only comment though is if you’re spending too much time downed or dead geomancers alacrity will give you a decent uptime on survival skills.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

@lightningBlaze So far I thought condition ele wasn’t really a good option compared to celestial d/d but this build looks excellent (in theory). It has synergies I didn’t even know of. Must try.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

FoR DND, yes you can try condi , but u aint going to enjoy it.

Now your build is, let me put it to you, not optimal, or far from optimal.

Please google builds.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister