Build That Can Insta-Kill Almost Anybody

in Elementalist

Posted by: NAA.4370

NAA.4370

This video just about sums it up.
0:00 – 0:53 = The Build
0:53 – 4:36 = The Build In Action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyahdHO0WHk
Best of luck all!! Let me know your opinions of this build! Its a wonderful build!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puff Pure.8631

Puff Pure.8631

Need a slow mo!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Benjamim.9120

Benjamim.9120

Is this build viable?? What gear do u use??? I gotta try it =)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

In before the nerf? kitten Wishing I would have gone Ele as my main instead I’m sitting here training one up at the moment x3

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kobal.5234

Kobal.5234

There is this slight issue with the extreme use of the Norn racial elite skill. This makes it less of a build and more of a complete character plan. Without the Norn elite, the build loses a lot of it’s effectiveness in terms of ambush potential and survivability.

I tried a variation on your build myself.

30/10/10/0/20 while wielding dual daggers.

Start in lightning -> RTL -> Shocking Aura -> Updraft -> Fire attunement -> Burning Speed -> RoF -> All Arcane Skills -> Fire Grab -> Earth attunement -> Earthquake -> Churning Earth -> Water Attunement -> Frost Aura -> dodge/heal a bit -> repeat (without arcane skills)

You lose the +30% damage from Air on downed/stunned enemies. But you gain 20% recharge on arcane skills and attunements, allowing for much faster cycling. On top of that, you’ll be stacking attunment bonuses, aura boons, area might combos and self-healing.

Your build is pretty much a one-shot in small scale 1v1/1v2 PvP with a gigantic cooldown and little other synergy and very little in the way of defense. And you provide next to nothing to any allies near you. I don’t like only being really effective in very specific situations and only for a very short amount of time with a long cooldown in between.

But in the end, I also got bored of my version. I seem to be swapping builds a lot to keep things fresh :P

(edited by Kobal.5234)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

looks like a really fun gimmick build. No it is not viable, he uses his only escape as an opener and he has no cantrips. So as soon as he is done with his burst he has nothing, and a few hits will kill him easily.

but i enjoyed watching the obliteration =)

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

Interesting to watch, but one sided. In 90% of the fights all you see
is the Ride the Lightning, and burst, and when it doesnt kill someone
the camera switches to the next setup. In every scene where its going past
the opener, he doesnt show it (because its probably a death).

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

there are a few more instant kill combos + builds out there in the youtube university.
Nice to see something new =).

Nice idear to combine burst and the stealth from you elite.
But a thief is more effektiv than that.

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

in Elementalist

Benjamim.9120

Awww i’d like to find a nuke build with a bit of survivability…..playing D/D bunker gets boring after sometime….anyone?

in Elementalist

Thunderbrew.7034

Ive learned more and more that map awareness is probably one of
the biggest survivability factors. I played all last night and didnt die
as a full zerk staff ele. Yes, I ran from battles and yes, I stayed with other
people, always fighting in the back. It is however the build I enjoy the most
because the build can do mass burst to groups of people (skill combos in
rapid succession).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Awww i’d like to find a nuke build with a bit of survivability…..playing D/D bunker gets boring after sometime….anyone?

Lol, nuke build with survivability…good luck finding that in any game

But yea, GC build that spikes out a target or two in a second? Fine enough.
People who keep building squishy will keep wrothing over it like they do over BS thieves, kill shot warriors and what not.

Seems really fun build though, i might try it sometime when soloing.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Benjamim.9120

Lol, nuke build with survivability…good luck finding that in any game

But yea, GC build that spikes out a target or two in a second? Fine enough.
People who keep building squishy will keep wrothing over it like they do over BS thieves, kill shot warriors and what not.

Seems really fun build though, i might try it sometime when soloing.

I know that is hard to find but would be nice being able to nuke and have some escape mechanism…like mesmers or thiefs =)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Calls his build Arcane Lightning…
Doesn’t take Arcane Lightning ^.^

I hope your fire traits were intended as a joke.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Most of the people he is instant killing is Up-Leveled to 80, thus under-geared / under-experienced players.

Still looks like a fun burst build though.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zantetsuken.9051

Zantetsuken.9051

Calls his build Arcane Lightning…
Doesn’t take Arcane Lightning ^.^

I hope your fire traits were intended as a joke.

Why would they be a joke? If his first hit crits, and subsequently causes burning, then he gains 2 x +5% damage bonuses.

Those are really the only 2 traits in Fire that complement his build, the Power is the main reason he has points in there at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Firstly, awesome build idea. MrNinjutsu is a totally appropriate name for such a ninja ele. :P

Have you tried this in PvP? Imagine the outrage!

I really hope this doesn’t serve as justification for nerfing the scepter though. The auto-attack may be strong when traited for it in PvP, but for general PvE the damage to time ratio is far lower than dagger/staff skills. Actually that could be said for many of the scepter skills.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

(edited by Asuka Shikinami.5462)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Wow, lots of haters in this thread. I enjoyed the film, though I’m not a big fan of ganking builds. I do like the fact that someone is actually using snow leapord in PVP though. lol

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Just tried this in sPVP.

To sum it up: AMAZING.

Arcane power -> RTL -> Updraft -> Dodge roll forward -> Arcane Blast -> Arcane Missle = DEAD.

This is now the ele’s version of the cheese backstab thief build.

I am now grinding CoF for a glass cannon build to do this in WvWvW. Thank you for giving me hope in a glass cannon elementalist.

Edit – This is also far more efficient and easier to do than CosmicTeapot’s now comparably kitten build. I am a believer now.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

The build can’t instakill anybody besides a complete glass cannon. Against a medium golem it was only doing just under 13k damage, and left a heavy golem at 15-20% health.

You’re also less survivable than every other elementalist build and blew your build’s one escape to get into combat. No wonder you took lava tomb.

Putting all of your eggs in a giant glowing basket that everyone can see coming and dodge isn’t a good idea against all but the worst players.

Why would they be a joke? If his first hit crits, and subsequently causes burning, then he gains 2 x +5% damage bonuses.

Those are really the only 2 traits in Fire that complement his build, the Power is the main reason he has points in there at all.

Using two traits for a 30% chance to maybe deal 5% extra damage on 1 or 2 abilities is pretty much the worst choice ever. Sitting in lightning after you’ve popped all your cooldowns is terrible damage. The autoattack is lower DPS than staff and you would always be better off switching to fire after you burn all of your cooldowns. Ring of fire with a glass build can do more damage in 1/4 second than the air auto can in 3 1/2. Phoenix can nearly outdamage all of the lightning and arcana abilities used by itself.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I see mostly (if not only) killing undergeared, upscaled characters. This is hardly a proof of that build being good.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I like the part where he waited for the level 80 heavy armor class to res the leveled clothie so he could gank the clothie again.

Not recommended for PvP as you’re basically free points without cantrips to make up for your glassy build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zantetsuken.9051

Zantetsuken.9051

The build can’t instakill anybody besides a complete glass cannon. Against a medium golem it was only doing just under 13k damage, and left a heavy golem at 15-20% health.

You’re also less survivable than every other elementalist build and blew your build’s one escape to get into combat. No wonder you took lava tomb.

Putting all of your eggs in a giant glowing basket that everyone can see coming and dodge isn’t a good idea against all but the worst players.

Using two traits for a 30% chance to maybe deal 5% extra damage on 1 or 2 abilities is pretty much the worst choice ever.

You mean a 30% chance PER CRIT to cause burning, which gives 2 x +5% increases to ALL damage. And even if this didn’t happen, you can burn your target first in Fire Atunement before switching to Air and bursting.

I think you maybe don’t realise this is a gimmick build, nothing more. His trait choices are there to increase the burst as much as possible, not make a viable build.

The best way to use this combo is to use Earthquake to Knockdown the target, then switch to Air and burst, you gain the 20% Grounded damage bonus, which can cause about 14k of damage consistently to a Heavy Golem.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

OP, the amount of haters is directly proportional to the level of success you’ve had in a unique build.

IMO, I don’t see the difference between filming yourself taking down upleveled foes or the tankiest of tanks across all servers. The point I took away from the build is, ‘how can I exploit instant cast spells in this game’ and I feel that your build exemplifies that potential. Basically using 4+ attacks at once is a pretty powerful thing if exploited properly.

As for the peanut gallery, if you think you could accomplish the same thing or better, put your keyboard where your mouth is. Mind you, it’s a gimmick build…he even named it after the gimmick.

in Elementalist

Thunderbrew.7034

^ Inappropriate use of the word “exploit.” An exploit is using mesmer
portals to cause your allies not to render to your enemies so that you
can mop them up.

Using a chain of skills in a row, is not an exploit, but I agree with the other
people about the scaled up 80s. As I mentioned about, zero of those battles
were against a geared and/or skilled player. Not hating at all, just being
fair and stating what was seen. Ill say it again, the camera always switched
off losing battles.

in Elementalist

Posted by: WhimsicalPacifist.2943

WhimsicalPacifist.2943

As for the peanut gallery, if you think you could accomplish the same thing or better, put your keyboard where your mouth is. Mind you, it’s a gimmick build…he even named it after the gimmick.

Just a word of warning, if it’s mashing 7 buttons manually within a 1-2 second interval that’s fine and takes a bit of hand coordination as the developers intended. If it’s automated with macros (more than one action per key) then it’s a bannable offense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

This is the type of build I would never run but I really have to applaud the idea. Its super gimmicky but really smart. Going to be honest here hope you keep them coming.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I wouldnt want to run around with 11k health and 1k toughness, but its entertaining to see what you could do for damage.

I always thought the instas in s/d air attunement where the best part of that build, he’s taken it a nice step beyond. I’m sure something about this will get nerfed.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

i support the OP. no matter how poorly viable or how gimmicky it is, i applaud him for taking the time to put it together and then telling everyone about it.

this could give someone(or even himself) an idea for a really good build. so i like it

keep up the good work OP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Fun video to watch. Question though. How do you hit all the blast skills all at the same time ?

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

i seriously enjoyed watching your video, when you started killing i was even laughing like some evil genius. 1 question tho, you have this trait in air XII that does 20% more damage if your target is knocked down. but your target is never knocked down. you dont have any utility skills to knock him down, you start in lightning and your only knockdown skill is updraft but ur not using it. how is this trait helping your build?.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in Elementalist

Posted by: skupuz.6940

skupuz.6940

I watched the video. It was very entertaining. However, I did report him for macroing. Sorry but this type of exploit is intolerable. Thank you OP for showing your character name in the video.

If you watch closely to his video and pause at 1.09, you will see that he fired off all the burst at the same time. Lightning strike is showing 4.8s on CD (5 sec CD). If that is not macroing, I’m not sure what is it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Hotkeys Forzani, remember gw2 has no gcd

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Hotkeys Forzani, remember gw2 has no gcd

I know what hotkeys are ……but that doesn’t explain how all his DDs hit at once. Not sure what gcd is.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

The skills that the OP chose are “instant” spells, which can be all triggered at once. Non-instant spells of course have an activation time. A GCD is a global cooldown (applies to all skills of a certain type) which in other MMO’s can prevent cascading instant spells like this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Heh, so the OP’s idea is so original, ‘pro’ players are stumped by ‘instant spells’.

Hilarious.

You can do the same thing by just mashing all your keys at once. All the instant ones will go off. I’m not even a pro player (just a dungeon crawler) and even I know that…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

And y’all say thieves are OP!

Honestly this is how you fire off all your skills at one time:

G4 key

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azula.7012

Azula.7012

“Almost Anybody” yeah sure, as long as they are low level or a glass canon, everyone else would just heal up and kill you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BioMasterZap.4350

BioMasterZap.4350

I got to say, the video sure did look impressive. But without the element of surprise, I doubt many people will die. I bet if I tried it, beside managing to RTL off a cliff or something silly, I’d probably rush at a thief who would just steal and walk to the side as I swing at air. Still, it is cool to see that I “can” work. And it certainly makes me want a Norn ele if I make a second ele XD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Might be fun for awhile but, it’ll get boring.

A Mug thief who steals and Dagger Cloaks will insta-kill you too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

Gave it a go. It is funny when it works…but then you are SOL for a while. However, many times it doesn’t work due to bugginess of our skills….ie. more often than not the knock down does not work or the arcane skills do not fire correctly. Takes some tricky timing and luck. It is funny though to watch 4-5 people in a clump go “WTH?!??!!” as they are insta-downed.

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gothir.3604

Gothir.3604

You should change up your traits/runes a little bit if you want to get the most out of your burst combo. You are only jumping people when you are at full health in those videos so you might as well use the runes/traits to take advantage of that. Plus you never have them knocked down.

Take 10 out of air and put it in water to grab vital striking…+10% damage. Then replace the ogre runes with runes of the scholar for another 10% damage and more crit damage. That would increase your burst by +14% damage over what you have listed.