Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wreakin.6854

Wreakin.6854

An Ele with a little more power/precision or an Ele with more toughness/vitality. Which would usually win a bit more in a 1v1 match?
Sorry, not including fighting in zergs.

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nanoha.3892

Nanoha.3892

My vote would be the bunker. I’m sure a burst ele could win but they’de have to do an aweful lot of burst awfully fast. While a bunker ele doesn’t have massive damage it does still have quite respectable damage and could kill a burst ele no problems I’m sure.

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puff Pure.8631

Puff Pure.8631

I’m tempted to guess the bunker ele, because bunker ele’s often have lots of power anyway, and without the critical damage an ele’s burst isn’t going to be that great anyway, infact (coming from a D/D perspective) once the initial burst is over, if you have survived you can probably heal up pretty quickly in time for the next burst, all while applying the odd condition, and gaining plenty of boons to wear down the more offensive ele with sustained damage.

Staff eles, I have no idea who would win though!

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

The bunker wins unless you go full GC burst ele, in which case if you dont kill them with your first combo you will lose.

I have been playing a more crit based ele build lately and it is VERY hard to win against bunkers. You get their health down quicker and put them on the defensive fast, but after their healing rotation they are back to full health, where as each of your healing rotations will only get you back up about 50% of your health, So if you cant catch them off guard with all their cantrips down.. you will lose over time.

Also, I have dueled many friends on other classes with my buker ele, then my crit ele. Bunker always wins hands down, the crit ele is always a much tougher fight. I believe that bunkers in general are better for 1vs1.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

(edited by Rhoto.8791)

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

If you don’t kill your target in your first combo as a burst build, you will get owned by a bunker.

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Troponin.4081

Troponin.4081

Bunkers have so much condition removal, toughness and healing, as stated above, you would have to take him out in your first rotation.

Honestly though, Eles can have a hybrid set up and do well at everything, so why bother? :/

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Depends how much power/precision you’re talking. If it’s full glass cannon, the bunker’s going to win (after about 10 minutes.) If it’s a more balanced build with plenty of toughness and healing gear, but power/precision as well, it’s probably going to be a stalemate.

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Superkav.5012

Superkav.5012

In a bunker ele vs burst ele scenario I tend to agree to the above posters that the bunker ele has an advantage due to the fact that it’s quite easy to avoid the initial, typical burst combo.

From a more general perspective, I wouldn’t say that ele bunkers are better than burst ele in a 1v1 scenario. It depends on the foe and setup. If its a glass cannon d/d thief that gets the jump on you, being a bunker will obviously be the better choice and the bunker ele would still hit rather hard on a glass thief, whereas a burst ele could go down in one global.

Fighting a ranger or engineer could also be difficult as the burst ele relies on the burst combo which is easily avoided and then its a kiting/control fest in which the burst ele will be hurt.

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Bunker wins . this is true vs any class the more bunker build wins. With no healer role in this game everyone are forced to bunker sad.

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

I’ve actually done this very matchup. Bunker won every time.

Bunker Ele vs Burst Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Bunker wins . this is true vs any class the more bunker build wins. With no healer role in this game everyone are forced to bunker sad.

This isn’t entirely accurate. As a pure bunker, if you’re fighting anything other than a pure glass cannon, there’s a very good chance you’re just going to stalemate in a 1v1.

This is a good strategy for node defense, but it doesn’t mean you’re an unstoppable dueling machine. It also doesn’t mean that you’re impervious to 2 or more glass cannon builds, because you’re not.

Bunkers may still be a bit too strong, but the disparity between them and other builds is far less of a problem than it was a couple months ago.