Burn The Zeitgeist S/F Signet Guide [Video]

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

This is Azilyi,

I have a series of Staff Spvp tutorial videos, and I decided to fashion this one with the same style as those. This is something a little different, but equally potent and far more devastating. Very strong build. Take a look, and enjoy!

Please leave your comments. I read them all, and try to respond to each one.
Click Here for the Video

~~~Pulled from the Video Description~~~

Hello again,

This is a scepter/focus tutorial video done in the same style as the Staff Elementalist tutorials that I have previously uploaded. This build utilizes signets and is most useful in 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 settings. Any larger, and you’re in for a rough ride.

Here’s the build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJArdhcM6bW2wuBf0ACACxrJDGox4eBLC-TJRHABfs/AAnAgjKDE8DAAA

Please remember to like and subscribe. It’s the only way I can be sure that anyone is actually watching this, and not some silly web bots.

Enjoy!

Skip ahead:

The Basic Combos:
http://youtu.be/tWR4-Vxds6I?t=1m34s

Advanced Dueling:
http://youtu.be/tWR4-Vxds6I?t=5m4s

Team Fights:
http://youtu.be/tWR4-Vxds6I?t=10m40s

The Build Rundown:
http://youtu.be/tWR4-Vxds6I?t=16m52s

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

You forgot to select the traits and amulet in the build editor :P .

Nice guide

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

You forgot to select the traits and amulet in the build editor :P .

Nice guide

Haha! Thanks. Fixed it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maesto.9103

Maesto.9103

Looks promising. Tried something similiar with d/d. But your weaponchoice should be stronger for this build. Really interesting, will give it a try too.

Btw, having much fun with your staff/blinding ashes build (just changed it a little bit for my playstyle). Funny how ppl react to it in duels. Just need more practise with it^^. Can be a pain… for many builds.

Keep it up.

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Looks promising. Tried something similiar with d/d. But your weaponchoice should be stronger for this build. Really interesting, will give it a try too.

Btw, having much fun with your staff/blinding ashes build (just changed it a little bit for my playstyle). Funny how ppl react to it in duels. Just need more practise with it^^. Can be a pain… for many builds.

Keep it up.

I’m glad to hear it! I still really like that build too. I think it might still be the only viable dueling staff ele build—but my main reservation now for taking into ranked spvp is the nerf to tornado/meteor. That annoyed me to no end

Thanks for watching! I’m always glad to hear the older videos are still relevant to some people

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

Hah, loved the music.

Anyways, seems like Signet builds with 6 in earth are becoming more and more popular, and personally i don’t like the Meta Cele D/D build, so this kind of condition stacking build looks really great for me, i’ve also seen the Amber Elementalist guide, which is very similar to your build, with slight differences here and there, but what i really liked about your video, is the actual PvP footage (unlike some other guides i could mention) , it shows the strengths of your build quite vividly.

Ofcourse there were a couple of times in the video , where you just got lucky and managed to stay alive by a hair’s length but all in all, it was very convincing and the build came off as pretty strong ovreall if you play it to its strengths.

All in all great guide, and thanks for sharing.

EDIT: But if there is one thing i don’t like in your video, is that you only cropped in the parts where you won your fights, which is what brings missconception and the illusion of the class being OP in PvP.
Surely the build is strong, but you should add some video footage where you couldn’t come out on top, with that 1500 hp remaining, and you made mistakes and paid for them by losing, comment them and tell the viewers what you think went wrong and what you could have done better to win that fight.
That would show in truth the weaknesses of the build aswell along to its strengths and not discourage people from playing it, if they seem like they can’t quite pull it off in every fight.

(edited by Lawful.5314)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

I have recently tried some zerker S/F build, it has really INCREDIBLE dmg, I was able to literally one-shot heavy golem with knockdown combo, but it was just too glassy and I wasn’t able to handle it… this build looks more balanced and could be easier to use in a real fight, dishing out still enough dmg

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Hah, loved the music.

Anyways, seems like Signet builds with 6 in earth are becoming more and more popular, and personally i don’t like the Meta Cele D/D build, so this kind of condition stacking build looks really great for me, i’ve also seen the Amber Elementalist guide, which is very similar to your build, with slight differences here and there, but what i really liked about your video, is the actual PvP footage (unlike some other guides i could mention) , it shows the strengths of your build quite vividly.

Ofcourse there were a couple of times in the video , where you just got lucky and managed to stay alive by a hair’s length but all in all, it was very convincing and the build came off as pretty strong ovreall if you play it to its strengths.

All in all great guide, and thanks for sharing.

EDIT: But if there is one thing i don’t like in your video, is that you only cropped in the parts where you won your fights, which is what brings missconception and the illusion of the class being OP in PvP.
Surely the build is strong, but you should add some video footage where you couldn’t come out on top, with that 1500 hp remaining, and you made mistakes and paid for them by losing, comment them and tell the viewers what you think went wrong and what you could have done better to win that fight.
That would show in truth the weaknesses of the build aswell along to its strengths and not discourage people from playing it, if they seem like they can’t quite pull it off in every fight.

Hey Lawful,

Thanks for your comments and praise! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I’m in the same boat as you, and I can’t stand to watch a video of people just standing in mists going over the build in intrinsic detail. Not saying it’s not beneficial to some people, but I feel like a format like this with actual pvp footage as its basis goes a lot farther to convince people that the build is valid.

I was tempted to input some lost duels, but I opted out of it for two reasons: I need viewers to believe the build is strong enough to try, and on top of that, I need to convince them that I have enough talent to be worth listening to.

Showing losses certainly helps outline the weaknesses of a build, but not without undermining those first two directives. So I try to find a middle ground. I find battles where I make mistakes, and point them out—illuminating the weaknesses of the build—but where they weren’t so critical that I failed to win.

I had a few of those duels included (The thief duel comes to mind, and the group fight where I went down). I hope that’s an adequate answer.

In future, I am interested to put out more build videos like this, and then run streaming events to really cross out any doubt about it. I think that’s the best way to see that a build is truly workable—youtube videos with cherry-picked duels is a poor substitute for that, I think, so in that regard I definitely agree.

Thanks for watching!

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I have recently tried some zerker S/F build, it has really INCREDIBLE dmg, I was able to literally one-shot heavy golem with knockdown combo, but it was just too glassy and I wasn’t able to handle it… this build looks more balanced and could be easier to use in a real fight, dishing out still enough dmg

Glad you liked it!

You’ve just described my exact dislike of fresh air. It’s really high damage, which can be a lot of fun! But if you whiff, or your opponent invulns through the burst, or has protection… you’re basically a wet noodle. I wanted a S/F build that wasn’t, and I feel that this is a really strong alternative that doesn’t sacrifice the kind of damage output you get… it just comes through in other ways.

I hope you’ll give it a try, and let me know how it turns out!

Thanks for watching!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Going to be delighted to see Azilyi produce more videos like this. Sort of a bump, but also to show some appreciation. Unique concepts, sharp plays; the reason I keep coming back to the Ele, haha.
I also think that the Fire aura -> Elemental shielding trait synergy could be the answer to losing Elemental Attunement, or at least an example showing us 6 water 6 arcana tryhards to think outside the box.
The damage in full Cele gear (WvW) isn’t bad, and the burning is easy to forget about… until it’s too late.

Since I don’t think I belong to the group with quick hands, I’ve been enjoying this build much more than Fresh Air recently. At least when I whiff a Phoenix burst combo I don’t have to die to pay for it…

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Elementalist

Posted by: amaranthined.5167

amaranthined.5167

I used to love running your staff builds (like Maesto said, that Blinding Ashes one continues to drive people nuts in 1v1s, its amazing haha) but I mostly play Fresh Air these days. It’ll feel pretty weird to drop ER/LF but your video play is pretty persuasive, I’ll probably try this next time I head into pvp c: Thanks for such thorough but interesting to watch video guides to your builds, really makes it easier to understand and pick up quickly.

Henge of Denravi [VLK]
Zvezdana & Dana Uses Splash; Elementalist // Evegeniya; Engineer // Melinoe; Necromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maesto.9103

Maesto.9103

Yeah, the Staffbuild is just amazing for 1 vs 1. Using it even in a Smallscalegrp when roaming sometimes. Good Aoedmg + Condipressure and good cc capabilities. And the Healing for the Grp comes on top of all this. Hardest Enemies are still good Gs Mesmers and Thiefs, the good ones. For outmanned the terrain is rly important. But still struggling against ppl why knows what they are doing.

Playing the Z/D Hybrid with this build Right now. Doing good. ( Forget the Runes…can use better ones like Pack. But its my D/D Armor too, so…)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFQQJArYhcMqb23wzBf0AEAS4AJKMu3tglWD-TVSDwAvV/xkOguK/ApFYhSwInAAAmgot/AkHAApAgZYE-w

Thanks to Krazy for the inspiration. Keep It up .