Burning Speed + Lightning Flash Broken?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valin.6873

Valin.6873

Uhh.. help?
So I mainly play WvW.. but i love to roam around and use my daggers.. (i have Incinerator). But one of my most favorite combos to use is Burning Speed with Lightning Flash.. But out of the ten times I’ve used it 9 times it failed and teleported me back to my original starting spot. So.. does anyone know what happened to it?
Is it officially broken? :/

-Valin

<Dagger/Dagger Elementalist> <Gates of Madness>

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

k.. maybe a bit better.. did another 10 times and got 5 successful ones.. kitten it.. its way more glitchy :/

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

Also.. before i leave um.. could some help make me a new wvw build. my old one is officially bad against this new meta rangers.. some hopefully someone knows a new one. I run d/d and can easily get any types of armor.. would be helpful.. though i do love my evasive arcana.. ty!

-Valin

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

simply go full cele, with either hoelbrak or strength, sigil of doom + battle and you WILL beat everything that doesn’t run away, isn’t permastealthed or is way more skilled than you are.

0/2 I
0/2 III
6 III,X,XI
6 II,VIII,XI

as for the burning speed/ lightning flash combo: it’s just a bit laggy at the moment. they didn’t change anything regarding the blink

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

cool ty! so.. i can get the weapons.. trinkets and everything else celstial but atm.. ive only got three Charged Quartz Crystal. :/ any ideas? i’m trying for a build by friday… i can solo work for the celestial gear.. :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Uhh.. help?
So I mainly play WvW.. but i love to roam around and use my daggers.. (i have Incinerator). But one of my most favorite combos to use is Burning Speed with Lightning Flash.. But out of the ten times I’ve used it 9 times it failed and teleported me back to my original starting spot. So.. does anyone know what happened to it?

-Valin

1. Don’t move in any direction with wasd while using it.
2. Use LF just as your char turns around in the combo.

These are the tips I’ve heard from other eles to make it not bug out, but it has almost never bugged out for me so I can’t confirm.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You will get more failures on patch-day as servers get slammed, plus there are always bugs that affect performance.

This is the same reason you avoid pvp on patch-day.

Also, pew-pew rangers can be VERY VERY strong against d/d ele. If you have a focus, though, you can wreck them. Using earth barrier (earth 2) for the extra projectile block also helps.

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

cool ty! so.. i can get the weapons.. trinkets and everything else celstial but atm.. ive only got three Charged Quartz Crystal. :/ any ideas? i’m trying for a build by friday... i can solo work for the celestial gear.. :/

well, then you either get a mixture of knights and assassins/berserker armor, or, just don’t waste money and run a full berserker (everyone has a full set of zerker gear lying around, right? ) fresh air build for roaming until you have the cele set complete. sucks against thieves, but everything else is deep fried, crispy and ready to eat after 3-7 secs PLUS it needs a lot more skill, doesn’t forgive ANY mistakes and is therefore a lot more fun to play.

don’t get me wrong, if you see the thief first, he doesn’t even have time to stealth himself before being completely obliterated, but as this is not always the case, be wary of thieves, young padawan. they lead to the dark side

edit: blackbeard! how is a pewpew strong against d/d? i don’t see it. you’re fighting at minimum range, and LOS him most of the time, so his longbow is very useless. all the while, you’re applying PBAoE from behind/the sides. he should melt in 15 seconds from burning and bleeding alone, not even talking about the burst damage.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

(edited by tanztante.6532)

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

Ahh.. Thanks for the build idea and thoughts.. also what’s the build? Can u link me it(fresh air build)? Or tell me how to make it? I like the idea and I normally don’t make mistakes.. Been playing ele only for over a year.. :p
Also longbow is good against d/d becuase they can use entangle to lock us down.. :/
Thank you!
Also I’ll test the idea of burning speed and lightning flash! I love the tips!
-Valin

cool ty! so.. i can get the weapons.. trinkets and everything else celstial but atm.. ive only got three Charged Quartz Crystal. :/ any ideas? i’m trying for a build by friday… i can solo work for the celestial gear.. :/

well, then you either get a mixture of knights and assassins/berserker armor, or, just don’t waste money and run a full berserker (everyone has a full set of zerker gear lying around, right? ) fresh air build for roaming until you have the cele set complete. sucks against thieves, but everything else is deep fried, crispy and ready to eat after 3-7 secs PLUS it needs a lot more skill, doesn’t forgive ANY mistakes and is therefore a lot more fun to play.

don’t get me wrong, if you see the thief first, he doesn’t even have time to stealth himself before being completely obliterated, but as this is not always the case, be wary of thieves, young padawan. they lead to the dark side

edit: blackbeard! how is a pewpew strong against d/d? i don’t see it. you’re fighting at minimum range, and LOS him most of the time, so his longbow is very useless. all the while, you’re applying PBAoE from behind/the sides. he should melt in 15 seconds from burning and bleeding alone, not even talking about the burst damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Uhh.. help?

-Valin

Probably because of this:

•Burning Speed:
Burning Speed no longer generates fire fields if the character’s position does not change significantly (for example, rolling against a wall).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Txema.7859

Txema.7859

Uhh.. help?

-Valin

Probably because of this:

•Burning Speed:
Burning Speed no longer generates fire fields if the character’s position does not change significantly (for example, rolling against a wall).

Did you even READ the OP?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I think it’s due to the lag caused by the patch. I was constantly screwing myself attempting to use that combo haha. Rubberbanding like crazy.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.