Burning Speed>Teleport

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skenderbeu.9102

Skenderbeu.9102

If an elementalist wielding dual daggers uses this combo too fast it will not work and the whole combo will get canceled. The elementalist will get teleported to the targeted location then redirected back to where it first was used from the beginning. The burning speed will not hit and it will be a complete disaster… I’ve missed a lot of very important comboes in PvP due to this bug, please look into this ANet, I shall try to edit this post later on and post a video containing visual information for the eye to behold.

Regards, Nori.

Little Krisi
WvW <3

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with doing the combo ‘too fast’. It’s just a lag-induced problem called rubberbanding. Every profession struggles with it.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

If an elementalist wielding dual daggers uses this combo too fast it will not work and the whole combo will get canceled. The elementalist will get teleported to the targeted location then redirected back to where it first was used from the beginning. The burning speed will not hit and it will be a complete disaster… I’ve missed a lot of very important comboes in PvP due to this bug, please look into this ANet, I shall try to edit this post later on and post a video containing visual information for the eye to behold.

Regards, Nori.

This happens to me all the time. Even when I’m not lagging at all.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’ve had a similar issue happen with various blink-related skills.

For instance, I’ve had a thief’s shadowstep blink me to the spot I went to, but then immediately blink me back to where I started. Now before you tell me it was because I double-tapped the ability, it wasn’t. The shadow return portion was still available. When I use it, it again teleports me back to where I used the ability. So essentially I just blinked in place twice.

I’ve also had it happen with the necro wurm, lightning flash, and just teleports in general.

I think it has to do while moving and using the ability, in conjunction with the particular grade of the terrain or something like that.

I think there’s a similar bug with waypointing. For instance, on occassion, if you are moving while you use a waypoint, you can momentarily port to the waypoint, but then immediately be ported back to where you activated the waypoint from. This appears to be because your character has not yet touched the ground by the waypoint, and thus moving causes the game to move you from your last position, which was where you activated the waypoint from. In order to prevent this, you have to make sure to be standing still, and waiting until your character is firmly on the ground before moving around. A similar bug is the thing where you get stuck in a falling state after waypointing, and have to use the waypoint again to be unstuck.

It’s a very uncommon bug, but it is there. It’s not simple rubberbanding.

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

It’s all about timing. Get your timing down and it will work like a charm. I’ve never had an issue with it since I got my timing down.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

I kinda think it is timing also. I’ve played many games in general where teleporting would rubberband and after playing around it so much, I can honestly say I’ve never had the rubberband effect while using Lightning Flash (and I have the skill on my bar about 95% of the time). Flaming Retreat, however, has given me problems, albeit being seldom at most. Every single time has been due to me trying to move too soon or trying to use another skill.

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Skenderbeu.9102

Skenderbeu.9102

Hmm, I see I’ve read all your comments. I could agree with you to some extent but not completely, if you have an example similar to the argument(s) I am about to make I would agree with the rubberboarding/timing statements.

It’s problematic for the Elementalist (I’m strictly talking about elly now cause I have 0 experience on the rest of the classes) because our bread and butter is the Burning Speed>Teleport>Firegrab combo and it does a substantial amount of damage if landed correctly. Now, there are a lot of classes in the game and some have an easier time to dodge it than others with the use of invulnerable spells, “Endure Pain”, Warrior utility skill.

Then we have stunbreakers in the game like stability/mesmer teleport/shadowstep et.c. These are easy to bait if the opponent you are playing against is familiar with playing against an Elementalist they will most likely break the knockdown of Updraft because it will lead into our solid BS>FGRAB combo .

Let’s say I manage to bait out 1 of their stunbreaks by using Updraft and not following up with Burning Speed into FGRAB combo, the next time I chill/snare/knockdown my opponent I will have an extremely easy time using Burning Speed>Teleport>Firegrab and do an insane amount of damage. And here is exactly where the problem comes into play. My combo gets messed up and I cannot punish my opponent which is exactly what I should’ve done there putting me ahead healthwise and giving me the upper hand in the battle.

These are just my thoughts on the subject… feel free to keep the discussion going =)

Little Krisi
WvW <3

(edited by Skenderbeu.9102)

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aphrodesiac.2913

Aphrodesiac.2913

As much as I’d like to add to the discussion, I can’t comment too much on PvP as I feel like I don’t have the raw experience to comment on it. But I can see where it’d be upsetting in that scenario.

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

It happens about 50% of the time and it’s annoying as hell. I feel like it could have something to do with the terrain.

… I still want tengu.

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

It happens about 50% of the time and it’s annoying as hell. I feel like it could have something to do with the terrain.

I believe you are correct. I generally screw up a lot more in WvW with this than in Spvp and I believe it’s because of the terrain. Many times the lightning flash simply doesn’t activate because of nothing more than unlevel ground.

@OP It’s all in the mechanics of blinks. Once you understand how a blink works, you shouldn’t be screwing up your combo.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

It seems to have started ever since the nerf to fiery rush blink behavior. Never really saw the rubberbanding before then (and it seems to happen randomly despite timing sometimes, although bad timing might make it more likely).

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Lightning Flash is a broken skill. It used to work better than it works now.

Now it ruberband back, doesnt work at all (stairs and bridges) or gets you stuck in the ground.

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

It only happens to me when I’m teleporting through a wall.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Lightning Flash is a broken skill. It used to work better than it works now.

Now it ruberband back, doesnt work at all (stairs and bridges) or gets you stuck in the ground.

I’ve been ruberbanding and getting stuck in textures since beta…

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Salocin.2783

Salocin.2783

In WvW the failure rate seems gamebreakingly high (avoiding spots like stairs where it never worked to begin with), I’ve stopped trying to combo it with anything.
I should probably remove it from my action bar altogether, but how can I, it’s so vital to my gameplay…
It reminds me of the buggy rtl of the old days. It could screw you over, but it’s too good to ignore…

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This problem has been around since Closed Beta. I think given that its been 2+ years since then , the problem isnt gonna go away.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

This issue is being more frequent to me in past weeks. I don’t know if it is my connection fault, gw2 servers fault or just the glitch is growing stronger.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Burning Speed>Teleport

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I’m certain I read they fixed the damage stacking from using teleports . Maybe this is the problem?

I definitely haven’t seen anyone using lightning flash with fiery rush in a long time.