Burning Speed help

Burning Speed help

in Elementalist

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Can anyone explain why my Burning Speed only goes ~200 range instead of the full 600? The animation lands me at the right spot, but the flame trail and blast end way too early, as you can see in the attached screenshot. A friend suggested it was my camera angle, but I’ve used it from many different angle to no avail.

Attachments:

elite specs ruined pvp.

Burning Speed help

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

latency &| servers being slow, sometimes burning speed will do that, sometimes it will teleport you back to your starting place… sometimes this will happen if you try to chain it with lightening flash like… you use both cooldown but you don’t actually move. same can happen with RTL it will port you back and forth and you end up somewhere in middle between starting and correct ending locations.

Burning Speed help

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scrib.9207

Scrib.9207

This is something i’ve also been observing occasionally since the patch. Not always mind you, but sometimes i would charge in with burning speed, straight into a mob’s face, but the blast dmg just isn’t happening. Can’t say i’ve seen this behavior prior to the patch (except in cases where i was clearly lagging/rubber-banding).
Maybe something got screwed when they reworked the skill to have evasion frames.

Burning Speed help

in Elementalist

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Thanks for the replies. It seems to only happen in WvW for me. I hopped into a random PvE map and was fine, same for PvP. I was really looking forward to roaming on Ele.

elite specs ruined pvp.