Burning Speed

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Doesnt matter if you have a target or not, it acts as if you never have a target. This annoys the crap out of me. What if a wars #5 GS skill ALWAYS acted as if it never had a target? Or how about heartseeker? Leap of faith? What if those skills acted as if they never had a target, and you had to line that kitten up? Why doesnt burning speed home in on people just like every other gap closer in the game?
This really needs to be fixed.
Edit: I also want to make clear that it should be fixed in such a way that it either homes in, OR it is ground targeted just like Wars gs #3 whirlwind.

I am a teef
:)

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

The fact that it does high damage explodes in aoe and high movement justifies the fact it doesnt home-in

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

The fact that it does high damage explodes in aoe and high movement justifies the fact it doesnt home-in

Theres plenty of skills that do the same, but they DO home in. Name one skill that doesnt home in that does damage? You cant. (Edit: It must not be ground targetted either)

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Always add +/- 30 to +/- 45 degrees to burning speed direction when circling enemy before spamming. Note there is a minor cone angle of about 25 degrees for some space for error by the client or server side computation.

Burning speed is best utilised after spamming immobolise on the enemy or for running through a stack of enemies or for adding distance between the zerg any you after spamming rtl and LF.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Be thankful it doesnt, if it followed the target they might treat it like RTL and nerf it into the ground. D/d is about pbaoe anyway, it doesnt need this as a gap closer as much as an area control tool. I’d actually like if RTL was more like it.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

I’d actually like if RTL was more like it.

That would be interesting. Does damage along it’s path and a bigger burst at the end? Maybe applies vuln or something? It would at least make it easier to ensure you hit something and avoid the longer CD,

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

When I started playing, I felt like the OP and thought it should follow target. After getting used to it, I feel strongly that it should remain how it is. Being aware of the blast radius and range makes it so I can put the damage where I want it, instead of an arbitrary X-units in front of current target. I wish RtL functioned the same.

It’s like the difference between an automatic and manual transmission in a car. The learning curve is higher with the manual, but you have better overall control once you learn.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’m glad it doesn’t home in. I always keep autotarget turned off in options anyway because it’s annoying enough when RTL smacks something I don’t want to attack. It’s much more useful not having a targeting ability especially if you turn that melee attack assist thing off as well. you have a lot of control over it and can slam through targets with it.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

i’d prefer it without the auto-target.. also,
i’d appreciate it if ride the lightning and fiery rush {#4 fiery greatsword}
weren’t lock on target or find random target

so many times i have simply veered off using these skills
they are useful for evasion as much as they are attack, to me
i saw an elem running by the one time, and rtl at a right angle into some mob
just said to myself “yeah, that happens”

to avoid this i’ve been 1{making sure nothing is targeted
and slamming my camera into the ground before activating
or 2{hope there Is a mob off in the distance that i can target

to me, having these skills like this makes as much sense as burning retreat being an auto-target

i can only imagine these skills are tuned for facerolling pvp
sometimes i get lazy and “awh man, i wish it would just hit the stupid thing For me”
but for the most part, i’d rather try skill and work it manually

disable autotargetting (option on the menu)?? there you go rtl and fiery rush to wherever you want :P

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

you can always lightning flash to correct your position.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

Yeah, lets waste a utility skill when most of my builds cant fit in a lightning flash.
For anyone else saying theyd rather have it not home in on their target, then you dont understand that if it did home in on your target, you have the option to do BOTH. simply de target your opponent, there you go The fact that it doesnt home in, simply means that you can never play how you want to. I am going to repeat myself. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT PREFER IT NOT HOME IN, THEN IF THIS WAS IMPLEMENTED YOU CAN DE-TARGET YOUR OPPONENT ive got some experience in the forums, and people tend to not read the first time around. Maybe i should repeat myself again? i will if i have to, however, the problem remains, you are forced to play to a degree of skill which no other class is forced. What if heartseeker didnt home in on a target and you had to line that up? leap of faith? ride the lightning? Of course, if you like to play that way, then you can. if you dont have auto targetting on and you de target your opponent, you can play to such a level which you feel giddy with yourself. And ill repeat once more, the problem remains that burning speed NEVER homes in unlike every other gap closing skill.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Warriors Whirlwind doesn’t auto target, think of it this way, if burning speed needed auto target you wouldn’t be able to do damage to enemies in stealth.

The game needs more skill shot moves then auto target moves imho.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Fuzzion.2504

Yeah, lets waste a utility skill when most of my builds cant fit in a lightning flash.
For anyone else saying theyd rather have it not home in on their target, then you dont understand that if it did home in on your target, you have the option to do BOTH. simply de target your opponent, there you go The fact that it doesnt home in, simply means that you can never play how you want to. I am going to repeat myself. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT PREFER IT NOT HOME IN, THEN IF THIS WAS IMPLEMENTED YOU CAN DE-TARGET YOUR OPPONENT ive got some experience in the forums, and people tend to not read the first time around. Maybe i should repeat myself again? i will if i have to, however, the problem remains, you are forced to play to a degree of skill which no other class is forced. What if heartseeker didnt home in on a target and you had to line that up? leap of faith? ride the lightning? Of course, if you like to play that way, then you can. if you dont have auto targetting on and you de target your opponent, you can play to such a level which you feel giddy with yourself. And ill repeat once more, the problem remains that burning speed NEVER homes in unlike every other gap closing skill.

There is nothing with burning speed. LF is very important but its used with e5 or for heal or for confusing enemy by LF behind enemy or used in conjunction with RTl or used to get up a height if you could have run through it.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

Warriors Whirlwind doesn’t auto target, think of it this way, if burning speed needed auto target you wouldn’t be able to do damage to enemies in stealth.

The game needs more skill shot moves then auto target moves imho.

What are you talking about when you talk about stealth?? You know whirlwind is a ground targetted skill? It is in no way similiar to burning speed. And about what you want, thats your opinion but what the facts are is that every gap closing skill either homes in or it is ground targetted. Burning speed doesnt do either. I am not talking about auto target, i am talking about it homing in on a target you already have. Two different things.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

There is nothing with burning speed. LF is very important but its used with e5 or for heal or for confusing enemy by LF behind enemy or used in conjunction with RTl or used to get up a height if you could have run through it.

“There is nothing (wrong) with burning speed? " is what i am going to assume. Sure, thats your opinion. but the fact is, is that burning speed doesnt home in or it isnt ground targetted, unlike every other gap closer in the game. that is a disparity, whether you choose to see it that way or not.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

:|

If all else fails then you can try to get better at this game.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

:|

If all else fails then you can try to get better at this game.

You’re completely missing the point.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

Let’s remove every single skill shot from the game because warrior’s rush can home in!

“give me homing attacks i don’t want to aim! make me liek warriors plzzzzz except for all their downsides just gimme homing bcuz warriors do”

If I had the power to, I’d remove half of the auto homing attack in the game.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Turbo Whale.1738

Are you kidding me?

“I am going to repeat myself. *IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT PREFER IT NOT HOME IN, THEN IF THIS WAS IMPLEMENTED YOU CAN DE-TARGET YOUR OPPONENT”

We want it to not home in because removing skill shots from the game is the last thing we need to do, not because we prefer to aim.

edit: grammatical error

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

Are you kidding me?

“I am going to repeat myself. *IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT PREFER IT NOT HOME IN, THEN IF THIS WAS IMPLEMENTED YOU CAN DE-TARGET YOUR OPPONENT”

We want it to not home in because removing skill shots from the game is the last thing we need to do, not because we prefer to aim.

edit: grammatical error

Care to explain what a skill shot is?

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

That is call skill and I am happy at the way it is. It promote positioning yourself and think before attacking instead of spamming the crap out of it.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

That is call skill and I am happy at the way it is. It promote positioning yourself and think before attacking instead of spamming the crap out of it.

Since when can you spam the crap out of a skill with a 15s Cd? If you have ever played D/F ele then you may see that burning speed is the only heavy damage skill in that weaponset. I can and do play the ele with great skill. Its extremely frustrating when a skill that would otherwise be hitting 90% of the time if it were homing, to require an immob, back pedaling, the very few and precious KD’s we have, or some sort of snare to make it even possible. Sure, youre happy the way it is, cool beans. It doesnt change the fact that for no reason this skill requires such pre-requisites for it to hit, while other classes and skills, dont.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Care to explain what a skill shot is?

The term originally refers to skills that fire a projectile that you manually aim. People use it to describe a lot of abilities that function without targets though.

I see what you’re saying. Essentially it should function the same way bull’s charge does. Personally I find that a lot of those skills (RTL, rush, bull’s charge, etc… Actual charges rather than leaps.) function really strangely against moving targets. The animation bugs out if the pathing isn’t just right. The way burning speed works now is a lot easier to control, IMO.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Since when can you spam the crap out of a skill with a 15s Cd? If you have ever played D/F ele then you may see that burning speed is the only heavy damage skill in that weaponset. I can and do play the ele with great skill. Its extremely frustrating when a skill that would otherwise be hitting 90% of the time if it were homing, to require an immob, back pedaling, the very few and precious KD’s we have, or some sort of snare to make it even possible. Sure, youre happy the way it is, cool beans. It doesnt change the fact that for no reason this skill requires such pre-requisites for it to hit, while other classes and skills, dont.

By spamming, I mean use it WHENEVER it is off CD. I never said anything about your skill, so relax. I prefer to have more skill like that, so it distinguish a skilled player with a spam player. The other reason I like it that way is you have more control over it. Say for example, you have two OP close together, you can deal dams to them both by burning speed in the middle of them. You won’t be able to do so if it homes in anyone, therefore you can only hit only one f them. Get my point?

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Turbo Whale.1738

Also trust me you DO NOT want Burning Speed to be like Rush. Even with all of the patches to Rush, the thing is harder to land than a Burning Speed sometimes. About 30% of the time, it will face your body away from your target, causing your attack to miss. The skill is very clunky in aiming at a target if they move. I’ve had people turn my warrior into a joke by doing some movement where they moved at an angle along a curve, completely screwing up the skill. The way we treat Rush is thakittens number 1 function is as a mobility skill. If you can get it to do damage, then that’s good too.

IF they make burning speed auto homing it will no doubt lose it’s PbAOE effect since PbAoE and Auto homing would be imbalanced.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

What the heck is up with all the people saying “this so and so skill never hits its a 30% hit rate”? For example i hear people ALL the time complaining about ride the lightning and in this forum fiery rush, i have 1400 hours played on my ele, i NEVER have problems with my skills. Get an ethernet chord, and a better internet, you will have a much better experience. I am almost positive that if i never have any problems with the other gap closing skills, that burning speed will not be any different if it was implemented. So stop using that as a reason.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

IF they make burning speed auto homing it will no doubt lose it’s PbAOE effect since PbAoE and Auto homing would be imbalanced.

Explain that. That doesnt make any sense. what would be so imbalanced about it?

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

By spamming, I mean use it WHENEVER it is off CD. I never said anything about your skill, so relax. I prefer to have more skill like that, so it distinguish a skilled player with a spam player. The other reason I like it that way is you have more control over it. Say for example, you have two OP close together, you can deal dams to them both by burning speed in the middle of them. You won’t be able to do so if it homes in anyone, therefore you can only hit only one f them. Get my point?

Yeah, you can. Its called turn off auto target (which is never good EVER to have anyway) and de-target your opponent. This is EXACTLY what ive been telling people like you to do. If it was implemented, you would then have the option to do either! Instead of being forced to line it up.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Yeah, you can. Its called turn off auto target (which is never good EVER to have anyway) and de-target your opponent. This is EXACTLY what ive been telling people like you to do. If it was implemented, you would then have the option to do either! Instead of being forced to line it up.

Youre right to an extent. D/d doesnt really need a target for any skill except RTL and earth1&3 but what about something like electric discharge(15th air trait)? Forcing everyone to un-target and then re-aquire for the same function that has worked fine since launch is a bad idea that would alienate more people than you think.

Honestly though, I bet this never happens because the fire trail would be an irregular shape and the devs don’t want to design it to render on the fly.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Youre right to an extent. D/d doesnt really need a target for any skill except RTL and earth1&3 but what about something like electric discharge(15th air trait)? Forcing everyone to un-target and then re-aquire for the same function that has worked fine since launch is a bad idea that would alienate more people than you think.

Honestly though, I bet this never happens because the fire trail would be an irregular shape and the devs don’t want to design it to render on the fly.

This isn’t true. The fire trail is a bunch of short lines that stack up to make a longer thing. It might be weirdly jagged if it curved, but it would have no problem curving.

I’m against BS tracking. The damage would take a significant hit, if the minimum range was negated by tracking, and if it wasn’t and it just pointed at your target, we’d lose flexibility of usage for essentially no gain.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

So weve mostly been talking about homing in on targets. I see and recognize valid points made. What about it being ground targetted? The fact that this skill is limited in such a way to the player that the direction your character is facing decides the direction of a movment skill (and nothing BUT that), is, IMHO, kittenty design.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

I think the OP needs to chill and think about what he’s complaining about…

I also run a d/f signet build and get some insane dmg from burning speed. But I also don’t have a problem ever landing an attack. It’s a skill that’s meant to go through your opponent and blow up just behind them for maximum effectiveness. If you make it a homing “gap closer”. Like rtl or hs or anything else. Your hindering the skill immensely because every single one of those “gap closers” stops AT your target.

Like others have said OP, just l2p better.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

I think the OP needs to chill and think about what he’s complaining about…

I also run a d/f signet build and get some insane dmg from burning speed. But I also don’t have a problem ever landing an attack. It’s a skill that’s meant to go through your opponent and blow up just behind them for maximum effectiveness. If you make it a homing “gap closer”. Like rtl or hs or anything else. Your hindering the skill immensely because every single one of those “gap closers” stops AT your target.

Like others have said OP, just l2p better.

So how about ground targetting. As this skill stands right now , the direction your character is FACING determines the direction burning speed goes. Forget the homing. Maybe its not that it doesnt home that is the issue, but what I’ve said that the direction your char is facing determines the direciton it goes.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

It’s perfectly fine how it is. Making it ground targeting or homing would be a massive nerf. And haven’t we already had enough of our decent abilities nerfed already? let’s not ruin one of the few decent abilities we still have left.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

It’s perfectly fine how it is. Making it ground targeting or homing would be a massive nerf. And haven’t we already had enough of our decent abilities nerfed already? let’s not ruin one of the few decent abilities we still have left.

How would it be a nerf to our mobility? QQ no, better yet, how would it be a nerf? (more qq)

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

If you don’t understand how losing the ability to go through multiple targets and hit them with how it is now without homing would be a nerf, then there is just no help for you. If it homed in, it would stop at the target it hits, it would no longer go through it and hit multiple targets. you would be significantly lowering its offensive capabilities. If you’re so inept that you can’t hit a target without training wheels, then maybe this isn’t the right class for you. Thief may be more your style, you’ll only need to press 2 buttons to win 90% of all fights.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

If you don’t understand how losing the ability to go through multiple targets and hit them with how it is now without homing would be a nerf, then there is just no help for you. If it homed in, it would stop at the target it hits, it would no longer go through it and hit multiple targets. you would be significantly lowering its offensive capabilities. If you’re so inept that you can’t hit a target without training wheels, then maybe this isn’t the right class for you. Thief may be more your style, you’ll only need to press 2 buttons to win 90% of all fights.

Lol, why the negativity? We are simply talking about a skill, not making direct insults to one another. Try to be conducive. Right now you’re showing just how high your intellect really is if you can’t make a point in an argument without using personal attacks on me. So, that being said, let me try to type again what I have been typing for this entire thread, that you’ve failed to read.
1- IF the homing system was implemented, you can still perform what you’re talking about. Its called de-targetting.
2- I have ALREADY taken in and understand the points made from the rest of the people in the forums, and now I ask, what about ground targeting? Having a skill that even when I have an enemy targeted goes in the direction my character is facing is completely horrible design, taken into consideration that IT IS THE ONLY SKILL THAT ACTS THIS WAY EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE SIMILAR SKILLS LIKE IT. IE, whirlwind on wars Gs, the other whirlwind skill for eles FGS, and a few others as well.
3- Stating that IF it did home in, it would lose its capabilities to do AoE dmg is completely not thought through. However, it seems it would make the skill worse if it did home in, so back to square 1 , what about ground targeting?

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

When I say ground targeting, I mean exactly how the FGS #3 skill works, only, adapted to burning speed.

I am a teef

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

It is like that coz anet likes to screw us over

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I use it as a combo field and a gap closer. I treat it as another lightning flash, but with the potential to apply burning. It will sometimes cause the enemy to run around it instead of through it, which lets me stay on top of them longer. This topic feels like nit-picking after maining on a warrior and hopping on an ele alt.

The thing that screws me over sometimes is not being able to lose target to RTL away. Kite around people, make them look bad, run away, rtl back into them, get owned.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Generally I stop reading a thread when someone makes multiple posts in a row or replies to every single post in the thread. This one is no exception.

Just make your point and move on, maybe add a clarification or two, but arguing never convinced anyone (especially with all the bold and caps, if someone was yelling like that in real life I wouldn’t listen long, same thing here).

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

The game desperately needs more skillshots, not less. If anything, most other skills should be changed to not home in on their target.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

The game desperately needs more skillshots, not less. If anything, most other skills should be changed to not home in on their target.

I agree.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Yes, very much so. More skillshots and fewer oneshots as well.

E.g. abilities like 100 blades, blurred frenzy, whirling wrath, zealot’s defense, etc – skills with really high damage that root in place, making them OP in PVE and (except BF) somewhat UP in PVP.

downed state is bad for PVP

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Fuzzion.2504

I agree.

Its guild wars. Its a game meant to be easy.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

Lol, why the negativity? We are simply talking about a skill, not making direct insults to one another. Try to be conducive. Right now you’re showing just how high your intellect really is if you can’t make a point in an argument without using personal attacks on me. So, that being said, let me try to type again what I have been typing for this entire thread, that you’ve failed to read.
1- IF the homing system was implemented, you can still perform what you’re talking about. Its called de-targetting.
2- I have ALREADY taken in and understand the points made from the rest of the people in the forums, and now I ask, what about ground targeting? Having a skill that even when I have an enemy targeted goes in the direction my character is facing is completely horrible design, taken into consideration that IT IS THE ONLY SKILL THAT ACTS THIS WAY EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE SIMILAR SKILLS LIKE IT. IE, whirlwind on wars Gs, the other whirlwind skill for eles FGS, and a few others as well.
3- Stating that IF it did home in, it would lose its capabilities to do AoE dmg is completely not thought through. However, it seems it would make the skill worse if it did home in, so back to square 1 , what about ground targeting?

Since it does separate damage along its path, seems shortening it would limit its damage under some circumstances. Also, it would interject another function to using the skill, the placement of the ground target, that would have some negative consequenses for many players too. I understand your arguement, but accomodating you negatively affects other players. In other words, they had to design it and they did it their way. Some like it, some don’t. Same can be said for your solution.

(edited by Baladir.2736)

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

If it homed there would be issues with accidentally hitting the wrong target (d/d ele excels at dealing damage to people other than current target) and when trying to escape accidentally going back to hit your current target. Happens to the best of us (however rarely) with rtl, and it would be even worse with burning speed since I often use it to get some quick breathing room before making a full escape.

Warrior whirlwind also doesn’t track. I don’t know why you conveniently ignore abilities like this.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Burning Speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I actually prefer things that don’t home in. When it comes to aoes, it would ruin common situations where you’d be able to hit more targets by having the center point in an area without enemies.

It also makes the game more thoughtful and skillful imo, and thus more fun.

(edited by Navzar.2938)