Burning rage and ember's might: redudant

Burning rage and ember's might: redudant

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Both provide 5% increased damage versus enemies on fire, except one is an optional adept level master trait, and one is a grandmaster level minor trait. To me, it feels redundant.

Ember’s might is an adept trait and it’s optional. It’s an ok trait for low levels but I personally find little use at the higher levels.

What really puzzles me is that burning rage is a minor grandmaster trait—it’s not optional. If someone were to invest the points necessary to reach 30 points, that 5% is nice, but is it really that helpful of a trait to make it mandatory?

I would really like to see burning rage reworked to something else. These two traits do the same thing and I don’t see any other class in the same situation. The big takeaway from me is that one is optional and requires a small amount of points compared to the other.

Also, I would like to point out Oniyui’s thread: (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Fire-Love-boon-removal-theme/first#post3039441) about boon removal when applying burning and I really think that reworking burning rage to remove boons (with an internal cooldown) would make it really useful.