CM reponds to Tempest woes on Hot Forum

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

… doesn’t seem to be aware that there is an Ele subforum with a HUGE thread with (mostly negative) Tempest feedback:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/BETA-What-we-are-enjoying/first#post5364851

Love everything (all the PvE and new professions) except Tempest!
Tempest is terrible in my opinion (elite is useless, overload mechanic doesn’t work, shouts overlap traits, new trait lines is bad, warhorn is worse than focus or dagger offhand even as melee). It must be improved tremendously before the release.

In comparison Chronomancer is amazing.

Can you try to be more specific? We are really using this beta event as a true beta, so in a beta testing environment, what you are kind of saying is “My elite skill and overload mechanics are not functioning at all”, and I know that’s not what you mean.

It would help the teams working on it to make it better if you could let us know “I am not enjoying the Tempest in its current state. Here are the particular things things that are making me not enjoy it, and here are things that I would like to see done to change it.”

Please have a look here for all the bad things about tempest: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Tempest-Beta-Feedback-Thread

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

(edited by SchmendrickTheMagician.8247)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I find it quite amusing that they’re asking for specific feedback when there is tons of material on the ele forums. Oh well, they would actually have to visit them for once.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’ve replied with these proposed solutions:

Can you try to be more specific? We are really using this beta event as a true beta, so in a beta testing environment, what you are kind of saying is “My elite skill and overload mechanics are not functioning at all”, and I know that’s not what you mean.

It would help the teams working on it to make it better if you could let us know “I am not enjoying the Tempest in its current state. Here are the particular things things that are making me not enjoy it, and here are things that I would like to see done to change it.”

Many thanks for your reply:
Here are my criticism and proposition:

Overloads
Issues
- The damage and heal on overload is lower than a normal rotation of skills, the radius is really small, and it doesn’t give us access to any new conditions or boons (it’s all things we could already do better). When overloading we cannot do anything else, it shouldn’t be a feature that prevents us from dodging or using other skills.
- Before overloading it requires us to camp in an attunement for a longer amount of time than what is necessary for the class to survive (we rely on fast attunement swapping for boon stacking and cc control).
- Because of their long channeling time the overloads are easily interrupted because we do not have a trait that gives us stacks of stability.

Proposed solution:
Reduce the amount of time necessary to wait before overloading to 2.5 seconds. The trait that adds 7% extra protection is not really noticeable, it could be replaced with a trait that gives us 2 stacks of stability when under the effect of protection. Make it possible for us to keep playing like we are used to when overloading (it would be like a defensive damage shield with a small radius).

New Elite:
Issues:
This for me is the most important skill to improve, the elementalists have been asking for for a good elite for a long time. Rebound is the complete opposite of that. It is impossible to communicate to our allies when the effect will take place, and the effect itself is barely noticeable. You don’t even know what skill has a reduced recharged because the class presses so many buttons. It could also be bugged at the moment.

Proposed solution:
Why not use the new alacrity boon? It is a great boon, it’s effect is clear and it is pleasing to see the green numbers. When an elementalist and a mesmer are in the same party they could chain alacrity together. It would give those 2 classes synergy together, something they do not really have at the moment.

Warhorn:
Issues
- When walking forward all the skills animations are behind you except for the moving water field. That is because the animations are really slow.
- While it is intended as a melee range weapon it doesn’t have what melee classes need: it has no leap, no evade, no blast, no stability, very low damage (Reaper cleave for 5000+, but warhorn skills often hit below 500). The boonshare is the best thing about it, but the rest is very limited.

Proposed solution:
- It requires some synergy with scepter for range damage: I would like to have ground target-table leap skills, the elementalist is a ranged class after all.
- Why not have Tidal Surge as a leap forward (with the water)?
- Cyclone should do tons of damage, it is a big storm in nature
- Lightning orb damage is too low, the attack range is too low as well
- Sand Squall should be a blast
- Sand Storm animation is too slow, It would be nice to have access to a new condition, like torment (it has potential for a condition build)
- Wildfire should be like Plague/Epidemic, fire should move from one foe to another. It could be a new type of more potent fire, like the green wildfire in Game of Thrones…

Shouts: Shouts are the best thing of Tempest so far, but instead of sharing auras they should do something new for the elementalist (retaliation for fire, torment for earth). The aura share should come from a cost instead, from the Water Grandmaster trait.

Tempest trait line
Issues
It has no damage modifiers and no recharge reduction on Shouts.

Proposed traits:
- Gain 2 stacks of stability when under the effect of protection / Gain protection on overload
- 20% reduced Shout recharge, shouts makes your current attunement overload immediately available
- 20% extra damage when under the effect of an aura

Thank you so much for reading this, I’ve had tons of fun in the beta. The new PvE map is amazing, the Reaper and Chronomancer are amazing, and I wished I played the new WvW map because it also looks amazing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

@^ Agree with your suggestion about shouts, about shouts that makes overload avaible immediately (need cooldown for this? can’t tell) and dmg increase under aura, and 2stacks of syability under prot (cd on this is must be). You did good job, imo especialy in trait/shouts categories.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well while i would be pleased to see your suggestions, some are to powerful.
I agree stability would be gorgeous. But adding it on protection would be OP.
Just puting it on overload would be more then enough.
adding -20% on shout recharge is the good thing. Adding more to the trait is OP.
and -20% damage reduction on auras must be a mistake unless you want to feed something to be skipped so the rest for making eles invincible goes through ….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Well while i would be pleased to see your suggestions, some are to powerful.
I agree stability would be gorgeous. But adding it on protection would be OP.
Just puting it on overload would be more then enough.
adding -20% on shout recharge is the good thing. Adding more to the trait is OP.
and -20% damage reduction on auras must be a mistake unless you want to feed something to be skipped so the rest for making eles invincible goes through ….

It isn’t dmg reduction. It is dmg increase under aura. If those 2 stacks of stability from protection will be on 20 or 30+ s cd it will be ok. If we just put stab on overload you can gain stab every 5s, so it should be at least: grant stab at end of overload which isn’t so fun or grant stab when overload 10 cd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

OK but 20% extra damage on auras would also be extreamly powerful.
It will solve the problem that tempest offers no damage but ….
Stab on ICD might do it, but the i would also see it on overload not protection.
Much stab on ele would be a game breaker. It would also destroy some other classes builds. While it feels hard to only have one stab on 75s earth armor, for overal balance this is good …. That its not helping overloads is a design thing. Overcharges are agaisnt eles playsyle. This must not be to bad, but currently it looks not very useful.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Just take note that Rubi Is not the dev responsible for this are in particular, she is just a helpful team member that look up around every forum, and try to help the way she can.

She just can’t awnser here in elementalist forum because she is not a dev responsible for it, so she can’t acurately awnser or direclty take feedback about this issue. As you guys can see, her response on the HoT thread was very “General” about feedback, not about tempest itself.

So please, don’t take rubi wrong for posting there and not here, and also don’t expect that just because she awnsered there it means she can do anything to change tempest.

What we really need is a awnser and response for the team/developer that is taking care of tempest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

What we really need is a awnser and response for the team/developer that is taking care of tempest.

While I agree with your first part, it sill seems odd that there hasn’t been acknowledgement here in this subforum. Almost as if she didn’t know.

And as for the quoted part, good luck. They almost never post in the class subforums, least of all in the Elementalist one.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net