Calling WvW roamers

Calling WvW roamers

in Elementalist

Posted by: Law.1704

Law.1704

I am seriously enjoying the elementalist post patch, I have been playing Spvp and pve and some wvw zerging but I have some friends that want me to come roaming with them in WvW. I have enough mats saved up to craft a full set of ascended armor and enough laurels relics etc for the accessories.

So the question I have is what armor set to choose, I will be playing D/D, S/D and D/F in that order while roaming. I was initially leaning towards celestial since that’s what I’m having the most success with in Spvp but celestial exotics are too painful to craft for just testing purposes. I know people tend to guard their equipment setups for wvw but if someone more knowledgeable could share some of their post patch experiences I would be grateful.

Calling WvW roamers

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

It really depends what you are going to aim towards, but I can share what I am going to work towards after I get my Legendary (hopefully soon). http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhMM6c24wwBdEBA9gLDFhMi8wDFF0MDA-zEzAYuASZAJRA5cp1EoQYlrIas6FM9KqyNQqXY9LiPJrBAQA4jf8jfMA-w

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

Calling WvW roamers

in Elementalist

Posted by: Law.1704

Law.1704

That’s interesting, what really confuses me is what stats are acceptable to hit. How much crit/ toughness etc were you aiming for when building that set.

Calling WvW roamers

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

That’s interesting, what really confuses me is what stats are acceptable to hit. How much crit/ toughness etc were you aiming for when building that set.

I usually aim for about 2.4k armor or so. The crit dmg above 30 is ok for me and crit chance around 40+. I have been trying to just min-max depending on current ascended gear I already have as you see (too lazy for full set and no point).

These are basically the stats I feel comfortable with in spvp and have found to work in wvw for me as well as a roamer.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

Calling WvW roamers

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

roaming > everything
in my personal experience, it all depends on those who are running with you (class, gear, playstyle ecc everything influences fight dynamics): when I am running with reliable players using classes that can get the focus out of me, I can choose a role (which usually is “nuker”) therefore going 6 6 2 0 0 or experimenting (conjurer, glyphs ecc), but if no one can tank for me I usually go bunker.

With the new patch it has become again to solo roam with full Guard stacks and bunkering to oblivion, but:
- thieves will still destroy you (instead of one shotting, you will get two/three shotted: “it’s something” )
- we still have no mobility whatsoever (almost as bad as mesmer’s but without all that fancy mechanics that keep it alive) so you cannot get out of troubles at whim (as I can do with my thief or my warrior)

there is still a long road ahead to make Elementalist fit for solo roaming in WvW, but I do appreciate these first shy steps from A.Net.

Calling WvW roamers

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frye.4608

Frye.4608

D/D is great for roaming again since patch, really enjoying it. I simply don’t feel overly squishy anymore. I haven’t had a single excessive hit on me for weeks, never been instakilled. Surely we are one of the stronger classes in wvw again.

What works for me is full soldier armor with divinity + 2 travellers, a healing backpiece and weapons + jewelry all zerker. Speccing more defensively doesn’t help me at all, and I do enough damage to pressure any class. Struggle a bit against nade spamming engis and pure glass cannons unleashing when i am busy on someone else. But that makes perfect sense to me.

This patch was make or break for me, but i am more than pleased.