Can "Rebound" get better feedback?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Viiktor.7523

Viiktor.7523

Whenever you use Rebound currently it feels really lackluster and you never know when it’s actually gone off unless you’re checking your boons which you probably shouldnt be doing anyway if you’re low on health.

I think rebound needs some sort of sound to play whenever it successfully saves you from a hit.

Since it’s ontopic I would like to suggest the same happens to the mistlock singularities in fractals as its functionality is the same but again, you never really “feel” the impact of it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I agree. At the moment, it’s very unnoticeable when it saves you. There isn’t any effect that plays other than the buff disappearing, which is hard to see at times.

I would also appreciate it if the healing was buffed a bit. As it stands, all this skill does is ensure you die a second later anyway.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

rebound needs go give you an invul frame after it saved you from death. and higher heal.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

For me it need to be a instant shout that break stun

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: Humblekain.5418

Humblekain.5418

A stun breaking, instant cast, higher healing rebound would actually feel like an elite skill.

It would also suit the front line support that Tempest is envisioned to be – cast times are normally for a calculated gain, Rebound feels more like a reactivate “oh no” skill; you see impending doom, you have a moment to hit Rebound.

It’s purpose to heal on deathblow is often impractical with the cast time.

I’m currently using FGS on my Tempest builds instead, or sometimes the elemental glyph instead for Rocky in pve.

Edit: Yeah I’m aware of the aura effect on Rebound too. However considering Tempest’s easy access to auras already, a massively delayed extra aura for a few seconds of our choice is so underwhelming to me, I actually forgot about it when talking about the skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

They should increase the heal to 50% of max health or make it also heal downed allies (not full rezz). CD could then be increased as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Griffon.4716

Griffon.4716

Rebound is definitely a lacking “elite.” With the cast time, it makes it incredibly difficult to use it in time, and it lasts such a short time that usually I make a break in terrain and then it falls off and I get hit twice and die.

If it does proc, the heal is so lackluster that I am auto’d to death two attacks later. A good first step would definitely be to play a sound when it procs. An even better next step would be to either increase the healing done, make it instant cast and increase the cool down.

This elite is supposed to be used to save yourself/teammates from being downed. The added effect of casting an aura if it terminates seems almost useless, even with all the utility they have added to auras such as healing etc. The only useful aura at low hp is going to be earth, with a slight possibility to air.

If it healed you to 25%, I think it would already be leaps ahead of its current position.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Rebound shouldn’t just show when it procs on you, it should also show when it procs on anyone. I’ll pop it when I think people are going to get themselves killed, but I never get the satisfaction of know if I actually saved anyone.

IMO, it should be a large noticeable effect. Like, a mostly-transparent Dwayna or Lyssa that hovers above the player that was saved.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Yes, agreed!
Post2Short

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shuai.7435

Shuai.7435

An invurnability frame if the elite gets proced would be really awesome and elevate the elite from a @ xx% hp do y trait, to a proper elite.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Rebound is definitely a lacking elite, it’s basically another shout utility that doesn’t go off for several seconds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Rebound is definitely a lacking elite, it’s basically another shout utility that doesn’t go off for several seconds.

Lacking is a way to say it I guess. I think they need to scrap it, start over again and take their time to make a good elementalist elite for once.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

If they just buffed the heal on it, I think it’d feel very “Elite.” I think the base heal should be the amount you’d get from getting rezzed from Downed state, since that’s essentially what Rebound should be doing: skipping your Downed state.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I think it should be an AoE 1.5s stun.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: KaiDarius.8723

KaiDarius.8723

I was about to make a thread about how Rebound felt very lackluster for an elite actually. I think as a lot of people in this thread have already stated that while the concept for the skill and what it does is amazing in practice, but quite frankly a 2.1k heal just does not cut it for a zerk class. Maybe if it was like a 4-5k heal, sure I would take Rebound over anything without batting an eye. But as it stands right now I’m just not sure.

Ehmry Bay Strong
Ele Fanatic

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

If nothing else it continues the tradition of Ele having crappy elites.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

45seconds CD and instant cast. Then it would be useful. The 75s CD on its current effect feels lik and aura on 75s cooldown …

in Elementalist

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

45seconds CD and instant cast. Then it would be useful. The 75s CD on its current effect feels lik and aura on 75s cooldown …

+1!!!!

i said 50 sec but 45 is perfect for the rune triggering.
and instant cast!!!!!
plz net

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I should have some active benefit. 95% of the time you dont use this skill, %4 of the time you were too late %1 of the time you barely notice it worked.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cellor.1706

Cellor.1706

Honestly they most likely wont want to change the function of the skill which is a support/defensive save with auras. We get that it doesn’t work well in practice, so what kind of support/defense elite would you like to see?

-Keep it in the tempest/stormcaster theme
-Keep in mind its a shout and will have an aoe component
-Keep in mind synergies with other skills/traits

Personally my suggestion is to remove the attunement specific auras. Nothing like feeling punished for not being in earth when you need a reflect or being in fire when you need a frost aura. I would want to draw from all attunements at the same time in a stormcaller fashion.

The life save is so weak that if you are taking serious damage its useless due to it only granting 2.2k effective health.

Example new elite personally for me would be a channeled shout that gives you a sandstorm barrier destroying projectiles and granting protection/stability to allies, have it be a stunbreak for the caster(and/or pulse vuln on enemies) and charge allies grant swiftness or quickness, conjure a monsoon in the area, pulsing healing and regen, and grant pulsing might stacks to allies and burning to enemies all for the duration of the channel. When the channel ends, increase the effectiveness of your next attunement overload by 15% and slap on a break bar for balance if needed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

The skill is pretty weak, but it actually saved my life once. The skill should also make you invulnerable for 1 second on triggering. Leave the heal the same. If that is viewed as too strong, which is isn’t, then just double the heal.