Carrion vs Rabid - Condition Elementarist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Karazul.2934

Karazul.2934

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the best equip setup for my condition elementarist that will mostly be used for dungeons/PvE solo. The build i was thinking to use is this (copy and paste if it doenst work):

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArdhMmYbvx2gjDAhHGIACjHgoBJiCPA;ToAAzCpoay0koJbTumkNNIYWB

The gameplay is:
- Stay in earth 90% of the time
- Use all signets on CD so i can proc Fire Embrace (fiery aura) and keep swift/fury 100% uptime
- Signet of Fire to deal large fire damage to a mob with almost 100% uptime (counting Burning Fire)
- Superior Rune of Undead to maximize condition damage. I prefer cond damage over duration because of the stack limit problems. More damage is better in my opinion.
- Rabid equips with Superior Sigil of Earth to proc more bleeds and burning (Burning Precision) and streangh my condition damage with the 6 undead rune bonus.

My question is:

[b]1. Is this a good setup?

2. How is a condition elementalist compared to a condition necro?[/b]

Thanks in advance!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Serp.3264

Serp.3264

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the best equip setup for my condition elementarist that will mostly be used for dungeons/PvE solo. The build i was thinking to use is this (copy and paste if it doenst work):

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArdhMmYbvx2gjDAhHGIACjHgoBJiCPA;ToAAzCpoay0koJbTumkNNIYWB

The gameplay is:
- Use all signets on CD so i can proc Fire Embrace (fiery aura) and keep swift/fury 100% uptime
- Signet of Fire to deal large fire damage to a mob with almost 100% uptime (counting Burning Fire)
- Superior Rune of Undead to maximize condition damage. I prefer cond damage over duration because of the stack limit problems. More damage is better in my opinion.
- Rabid equips with Superior Sigil of Earth to proc more bleeds and burning (Burning Precision) and streangh my condition damage with the 6 undead rune bonus.

My question is:

Thanks in advance!

I’m sorry but I just don’t see this working that well. Elementalists really aren’t the best at conditions. Conditions are really sort of an added bonus rather than our main source of damage. Your main problem is the bolded part above. This will severely limit you by reducing your boons, survivability, and overall damage output.

S3rP
Leader of Eastern Wind [EW]
Yak’s Bend Server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reveaux.5720

Reveaux.5720

Hi everyone,

The gameplay is:

My question is:

Thanks in advance!

I’m sorry but I just don’t see this working that well. Elementalists really aren’t the best at conditions. Conditions are really sort of an added bonus rather than our main source of damage. Your main problem is the bolded part above. This will severely limit you by reducing your boons, survivability, and overall damage output.

Agreed, your better off with one of the Guides here on the forums. Elementalists arent the greatest for pure condition. The conditions compliment power specs but not vice versa!

in Elementalist

Karazul.2934

Why arent we good for conditions?
We can mantain 100% uptime for burning and stack 20+ bleeds easily. I tested…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

bcoz conditions builds need a great base survivability. Necros has a 15K base health. Mesmers can use their clones/phantasms, rangers has a lot of dps, high range and medium armor…
Elementalist have light armor, 10K base health. is totally skill-depend. You cant put your traits into condition without lost health, armor or power.
but, if you really enjoy condition damage, you are not completely lost. You can put on your elementalist the power, vitality, condition damage and trait it with some armor/health/power. With runes, you can use soldier or some that has vitality or armor.
Elementalist are really strong but are not designed for full condition damage. Is painful but is the real game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

You can probably make a great condition build through the use of a scepter and switching between earth and fire for dealing damage. I believe that someone once calculated that your dps would be higher than fire if you remained in earth.

However, you would basically throw all the versatility that an ele has out the window. And seeing as how the profession is built around versatility, you will be debying yourself a lot if you rarely switch.

However, I think that a condtion-based build using the scepter’s auto attacks can be done. But I would still recommend switching a lot. At worst it’ll save you a utility slot that’ll now be available for something mroe useful than signet of fire. And if you do that, you might wanna reconsider condition duration.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

PvE condition spec?
Don’t go scepter, rather use staff. Atleast I see no reason using single target weapons for PvE …

Eruption is great skill and big lulz with condition duration, getting those 20+ stacks of bleeding alone. And it’s aoe so scepter really comes nowhere near staff for this.

And I’d use carrion.

[TA]

in Elementalist

Karazul.2934

Thank you all for the help!
I decided not to make a condition elementalist…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

Staff condition build is good for dungeons. My bleeds tick for about ~106 damage (x18 stacks = ~1900 DPS) and burn for 300+ a second, about ~2.4 DPS without buffs. There is also about ~200 extra DPS from the direct damage pop every 5 seconds at the end of Eruption animation.

I use it sometimes with full Carrion Gear. The vitality is good, you get 300 tough from Earth and you don’t need crit. 100% burning uptime, 18 stacks of bleeding (can easily max when Sandstorm and Earth 5 are off CD), can stack up to 30 seconds of weakness (i.e. constant Weakness uptime while in Earth). I stay in Earth “90% of the time” and keep up burning with Sigil of Fire (burn duration is longer than CD).

Eruption does about 14k over ~20 sec and is AOE. Plus it has a blast finisher so you can finish fields with it. Can do 3.5k+ condition damage every second with buffs.

I use this, 10/10/30/0/20:

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/21914-staff-dungeon-condition-build-eruption-spam-for-bleed-and-signet-of-fire-for-burn

Writeup:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/76249-condition-damage-staff-build-advicehelptipsetc/

(edited by Nonlinear.9823)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

Scepter is bad for conditions because it has bad AOE. Scepter Earth 1 is bad and Scepter Fire 1 is bad.

Staff in Earth provides plenty of “support” through 100% uptime on weakness + projectile finisher on Earth 1 that can remove conditions (depending on the field). Earth 4 cripples, Earth 5 binds and Sandstorm blinds.

DPS is fine I’ve done “DPS checks” like SE 1 as 10/10/30/0/20 and can melt the 1st golem. For barriers and objects I use either chain lightning (multiples) or fireball.

(edited by Nonlinear.9823)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raging Soul Beta.6845

Raging Soul Beta.6845

For condition build I would say go with Carrion
You can try out those might stacking builds for dual dagger (Might gives condition damage too)
What you need is 10 in fire for IV and rest decide yourself
Your utility should be 3 Cantrips: Armor of Earth, Lightning Flash and Cleansing Fire
and it usually is like:
-use Ring of Fire (Fire 4) -> Attune to earth -> Earth 4 -> Earth 5 -> Armor of Earth + Cleansing Fire -> while channeling Earth 5 teleport to enemy using Lightning Flash
by doing this u have like 15 might stacks on you which is like extra 500 extra condition damage
-Drake’s Breath gives nice burn

If u consider running Cantrip build go for water trait IX which reduces cooldown
For runes u can either use MIght duration +x% or just condition dmg or duration
And for rune on your weapon use Superior sigil of battle which gives you 3 stacks of might every 10s on attunment swap

Edit:
Since I was in good mood I made this for whoever is interested in condition build
Fell free to change however u want:
-30 in earth … no need to explain = condition dmg
-20 in water … cd for Cantrips
-20 in fire … for condition duration
-if u want u can change 10 in fire for 10 in arcana for cd on swap or something

18 stacks of might -> 138 bleed and 805 from burn
If u get 25 stacks of Corruption from Sigil damage will be higher

That being said your other skills will deal decent damage too … u won’t only rely on condition damage since your power is decent

(edited by Raging Soul Beta.6845)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

bcoz conditions builds need a great base survivability. <strong>Necros has a 15K base health. <strong/>

Necros have a 18K base health (like warrior) PLUS another rapid-fill health bar (death shroud)

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

I think it “depends”. In WvW, I run a high condition built and just work folks over. They can’t cleanse off the conditions. I can teleport/mist/RtL around and keep mobility while just stacking away on them. Works nicely. By the time they realize how many conditions I have on them, it is too late for them to run. =)

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry