Celestial Staff Water Embargo

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I built a full ascended celestial staff elementalist and run a support build for WvW. I spent hundreds of gold on recipes, mats, and quartz to build the entire set. The ONLY reason I chose celestial armor was the fact that I could do decent damage with a meteor/’nado combo because of the crit damage on the set, which will be n erfed into oblivion. The power, armor, healing, and health on the set is simply below what can be built using other armor. The crit damage is what made it viable.

This change has left a very sour taste in my mouth, and I have shelved my elementalist as a result. My WvW guild can get someone else to drop water fields.

I suggest that others do the same.

Let the Celestial Staff Elementalist water embargo begin.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

its not that D/D roaming eles are happy …..
and its obvious like it happened wwhen they nerfed D/D to the ground i will quit WWW if not the Whole game…

I have wupwup….
Its not even a choice,,,i m not grinding other 1000 golds for a new set

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Discussing without insulting would be nice…
can you understand why people is concerned when it comes to 1000+ GOLD equip?

Can you understand why people lost faith in balancing?
if not look at my signature you will remember maybe….

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

MrSilver.5269

Yes you will lose +crit damage on celestial — but not all of it.

The high crit damage coupled with a balanced stat distribution is what made the set viable for a gimmicky meteor/’nado combo that did just above average damage to zergs.

Reduce the crit damage and now there is very little reason to keep the set as you will be able to achieve better survivability and damage using a mix of clerics/soldier/knights.

Point being, the source of a celestial ele’s damage was the crit damage and ready availability of fury to bump our crit chance up to 50%. With the reduction of crit damage your damage would be better served with a straight boost to power. I haven’t played around with the condition damage meta enough to know how that plays out.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Wait we still don’t know how the new crit.dmg will affect celestial.
Imo if they nerf it like they mentioned this set will be completely useless.
The only good about celestial is the crit.dmg.

Maybe a way to make celestial after the nerfed crit.dmg will be to add more stats like boon duration+cond.dur. etc… dunno just something for the loss…

We have to wait and see…(AND THEN RAGE AT THE FORUMS!)

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

no would be as stupid…
People did WUPWUP for the crit damage…

What would happen if they said “new patch from today Zojjia becomes apothecary ascended!!!”

What do you think would happen?

The mistake was clearly adding ascended to a system made for easy to obtain equipment…at least they shouldn t do everything they can to preserve that PROGRESSION they shoved down our throats….

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kayge.6398

Kayge.6398

This change has left a very sour taste in my mouth, and I have shelved my elementalist as a result. My WvW guild can get someone else to drop water fields.

What change are you referring to?

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

What change are you referring to?

The change that hasn’t happened yet — that’s why these rant threads are so funny.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

no would be as stupid…

What would happen if they said “new patch from today Zojjia becomes apothecary ascended!!!”

The mistake was clearly adding ascended to a system made for easy to obtain equipment…at least they shouldn t do everything they can to preserve that PROGRESSION they shoved down our throats….

So they shouldn’t fix an unbalance stat combo because some people will be negatively affected by it? isn’t the nature of an MMORPG to be constantly changing and you shouldn’t expect your equipment to be perma viable?

In any case as long as they offer a 1 time stat change, I don’t see the problem with changing the system. you might argue that the amount of time it took you to get those things, but that is an unavoidable aspect of an MMORPG.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

I am also not playing my zerker ele because of the patch that is coming in 3 months.

Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ozoug.4158

Ozoug.4158

no would be as stupid…

So they shouldn’t fix an unbalance stat combo because some people will be negatively affected by it? isn’t the nature of an MMORPG to be constantly changing and you shouldn’t expect your equipment to be perma viable?

In any case as long as they offer a 1 time stat change, I don’t see the problem with changing the system. you might argue that the amount of time it took you to get those things, but that is an unavoidable aspect of an MMORPG.

For how long it takes and how much gold it takes to get ascended, yes, it should be available for a long long time, if not permanently. Not the month or so it has been available.

They just release new armor a month ago. Have people spend like 400 gold, a month of doing a daily task, then they turn around and nerf it? Does that seem ok to you silver?

Also, how is it an unbalanced stat combo? What about it makes it unbalanced?

GW2: A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Yzoug.
DaoC: R11 Skald

(edited by Ozoug.4158)

in Elementalist

juno.1840

@Ozoug: The amount of +crit dmg it provides is disproportionately large compared to the other stats. It should not be the same as zerk when all the other stats are lower than the secondary stats on zerk.

The fact the +crit has remained so high this long should be considered a bonus. It should not be a surprise to see +crit on celestial come into line with the other stat bonuses it provides.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

@Ozoug: The amount of +crit dmg it provides is disproportionately large compared to the other stats. It should not be the same as zerk when all the other stats are lower than the secondary stats on zerk.

The fact the +crit has remained so high this long should be considered a bonus. It should not be a surprise to see +crit on celestial come into line with the other stat bonuses it provides.

The problem is that that was one of the only things about celestial that made it worth crafting. It’s already useless for the most part in PvE, and its pretty much useless for everything but elementalists in PvP/WvW (even then that’s arguable).
It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to make the most difficult armor set to get the least useful. I agree that it makes sense for the stats to be equal, but with the level they are at now it will just be equally bad.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

So they shouldn’t fix an unbalance stat combo because some people will be negatively affected by it?

Since when celestial is unbalanced?
Should not have high crit damage? for wich exact reason since the low power compensate negatively on the crit damage?

The only reason may be obsessive-compulsive disorder to have the same stat…..

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I built a full ascended celestial staff elementalist and run a support build for WvW. I spent hundreds of gold on recipes, mats, and quartz to build the entire set. The ONLY reason I chose celestial armor was the fact that I could do decent damage with a meteor/’nado combo because of the crit damage on the set, which has now been n erfed into oblivion. The power, armor, healing, and health on the set is simply below what can be built using other armor. The crit damage is what made it viable.

I suggest that others do the same.

Let the Celestial Staff Elementalist water embargo begin.

Please don’t use past tense, when the change didn’t happen yet.
Thanks.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Celestial gives you tons of other stats in addition to the superhighway crit damage. The lower power is far outshines by the better health, toughness and healing you get — since you were going for a generalist, your damage should also be generalist.

Zerker should have appreciably more damage than any other set other than Assassin, it’s the trade off it makes for being squishy as hell.

That said, Zerker ALSO gets hit by this incoming nerf.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

celestila has NOW comparable damage to PVT ….
Zerk is totally on another League..

Why should celestial suddenly fall behind the most tanky set of all?

People only read crit damage ad can t understandhow low base power means low crit damage.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

MrSilver.5269

This post pretty much sums it up:

Although some Celestial has higher amount of crit-damage, but it provides a lot less power comparing to berserker gear. Crit-damge only provide good damage when power and percison are high enough. Full berserker ascended set provide 1087 power and 745 percision but celestial only provide 469 power and percision. It means the damage ouptut is actually is very low compare to berserker. If Anet nerf our crit-dmg, our low damage become much more worse. Below is some of my calculation.

My calculation is done to elementalist d/d.

According to GW2W,
Base Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Dagger Weapon Strength range from 970-1030. The average is 1000.
A 80 lv character has 916 power
For simplicity, assume skill-specific coefficient = 1, target’s armor = 2500 and no traits.

Berserker & Solider Base Dmg = 1000 * (916+1087)/2500 = 801
Celestial Base Dmg = 1000 * (916+469)/2500 = 554
Knight Base Dmg = 1000 * (1661)/2500 = 664.4

d is Average damage
p is crit chance
P is crit damage
d= BaseDmg*[1+p(P+0.5)]

Beserker Avg damage = 801 [1+0.39(0.71+0.5)] = 1179
Celestial Avg damage = 554
[1+0.26(0.61+0.5)] = 714
Knight Avg damage = 664.4*[1+0.39(0.5)] = 794
Solider Avg damage = 801*[1+0.04(0.5)] = 817

Assume 1% Crit dmg = 21 Ferocity
Celestial Crit dmg = 469/21=22.3%
Beserker Crit dmg = 745/21=35.47%

New Beserker Avg damage = 801 [1+0.39(0.355+0.5)] = 1068.1
New Celestial Avg damage = 554
[1+0.26(0.223+0.5)] = 658.1

Beserker Percentage loss = 1 – (1068.1/1179) = 9.41%
Celestial Percentage loss = 1 – (658.1/714) = 7.84%

The Celestial Average damage is already the lowest, if crit dmg is also nerfed in celestial, Celestial is just a joke. If i don’t do the calculation, i can’t beleive solider gear even do more damage than Celestial gear.

At last, this is my first post in this forum. I am so worried about how they will nerf celestial. I spend around 1k gold to get the ascended armor, including t3 cultural skin and divinity rune. And Anet just punish the wrong person

Anet, please say something about this issue.

in Elementalist

juno.1840

The problem is that that was one of the only things about celestial that made it worth crafting. It’s already useless for the most part in PvE, and its pretty much useless for everything but elementalists in PvP/WvW (even then that’s arguable).
It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to make the most difficult armor set to get the least useful. I agree that it makes sense for the stats to be equal, but with the level they are at now it will just be equally bad.

If players crafted Celestial just for the +crit dmg then they crafted the wrong set of armor. That’s not the design goal of the armor (balance is).

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

If players crafted Celestial just for the +crit dmg then they crafted the wrong set of armor. That’s not the design goal of the armor (balance is).

Oh please instead of wasting so many words on “balance”

Explain wich balance is obtained nerfing one of the weakest set with lowest dps in a nerf aimed at TOP dps…

Balance:
DPS:
DEFENSE (PVT) < BALANCE (Celestial) < OFFENSE (ZERK)

result after patch

BALANCE < DEFENSE < OFFENSE

soo balanced …..

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

juno.1840

Explain wich balance is obtained nerfing one of the weakest set with lowest dps in a nerf aimed at TOP dps…

Balance:
DPS:

result after patch

soo balanced …..

“oh please…” PVT is not defense… it’s primary power. Knight’s or Sentinel’s would be more DEF.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Before we complain, how about we see what the actual proposed amounts of ferocity are. It is possible celestial will get more ferocity or more power to balance it out.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Balance:
DPS:

result after patch

soo balanced …..

“oh please…” PVT is not defense… it’s primary power. Knight’s or Sentinel’s would be more DEF.

Fail…
Knight deals more than celestial
now what?

@Blackbeard they already told they plan to give ferocity equal to other stats…
And they never mentioned of buffing other stats.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Having vitality and toughness as stat on gear does not make it defensive? WTF.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Question:
Did those numbers take fury, sigils and stuff?

Otherwise i bet the DPS loss will be like 20% or more.

P.S. checked….the data people posted didn t considered anything but stats…
The 10% loss is a LIE
its 15-20% mostly

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

welcome to the world of mmos where things get nerfed and buffed

action combat made mmos better lol

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

cool

In your world maybe…i don t remember many mmorpg to put a new tier and nerf 1-2 sets to match the lower 2 months later, but its better throwing a random sentence and pretend you are the only playing mmorpgs until today.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

cool

In your world maybe…i don t remember many mmorpg to put a new tier and nerf 1-2 sets to match the lower 2 months later, but its better throwing a random sentence and pretend you are the only playing mmorpgs until today.

if you really have problem with celestial and you keep playing the game you will be able to craft 1-2 new pieces of armor and your character will find its balance.
my guardians gear is like a mixed salad and still woks properly.
and it was not to say that im the only only one playing mmos ,it was just a reminder how games work.
other games i played did nerf sets and classes aswell.
they made classes that you played so much time suddenly worthless.
the only problem with crafting new set parts is that you need more dragonite ore but you will get it anyway while you play.

action combat made mmos better lol

(edited by jihm.2315)

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

if you really have problem with celestial and you keep playing the game you will be able to craft 1-2 new pieces of armor and your character will find its balance.
my guardians gear is like a mixed salad and still woks properly.

still speaking of stuff you don t understand don t you?
crit damage is a thing…
Celestial crit damage is a further 60% nerf…….that will be added
First they nerf crit damage converting it to ferocity, then they remove 60% ferocity on celestial pieces…..

I m pretty sure i would be fine with mixed pieces without ANY celestial in them
Because i would not get the 60% ferocity nerf.

And no crafting a couple pieces will solve anything….it will be so bad that needs to be totally removed.
Any piece is a malus on overall efficience whatever build you come up with

and it was not to say that im the only only one playing mmos ,it was just a reminder how games work.
maybe other games dont nerf sets but they nerf classes and they keep them to the ground for one ore even two years.

Like elementalists for examples?
And that is a good reason?

So they should go on making a mistake because other people commit mistakes….

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

MrSilver.5269

Has anything been said by the devs yet in any of the other threads? A simple, we are going to look at it would be nice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Yes, they need to make Celestial even more useless to please your sense of aesthetics…

in Elementalist

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

We don’t know exactly what is going to happen regarding celestial and crit. There’s a reason they didn’t put that update out with the most recent living story – it’s still being worked on. So saying outright that celestial is now useless is a bit of a stretch. They’re very aware that they need to look at how the changes effect all options.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Considering anet i expect the usual behavior

Don t listen to anyone (CDI is obviously damage control, they NEVER listen popular topics) and make celestial useless

In 3-6 months when the set disappears, reconsider the nerf telling stuff like “the meta is changed and we feel that….”

And not “we totally screwed despite being warned”

Its something every elementalist is aware of.

But i could mention also:

-silk
-light ascended armor crafting

and stuff like that…..they Always perform their “small shavings” (as they call them) with a rusty chainsaw, and the result is obvious.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

MrSilver.5269

Considering anet i expect the usual behavior

Don t listen to anyone (CDI is obviously damage control, they NEVER listen popular topics) and make celestial useless

In 3-6 months when the set disappears, reconsider the nerf telling stuff like “the meta is changed and we feel that….”

And not “we totally screwed despite being warned”

Its something every elementalist is aware of.

But i could mention also:

-silk
-light ascended armor crafting

and stuff like that…..they Always perform their “small shavings” (as they call them) with a rusty chainsaw, and the result is obvious.

I’m just playing my other characters now.

Embargo continues.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

i m waiting the patch ….
Quitting the character obviously if not the game if it happens…

Not as a threat, i don t really think anet would care, but becaue it would mean the direction of this game is completely hopeless.

I expect the worst and usually Patches manages to surprise me negatively…..but i ll wait for the patch.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

MrSilver.5269

i m waiting the patch ….
Quitting the character obviously if not the game if it happens…

Not as a threat, i don t really think anet would care, but becaue it would mean the direction of this game is completely hopeless.

I expect the worst and usually Patches manages to surprise me negatively…..but i ll wait for the patch.

Have you tried the mesmer? I’m loving mine.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

I ve only 2 characters
Ele and mesmer..

But i don t feel mesmer as much interesting in www in duels

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

I’m just going to finish leveling my Guardian and call it day.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Elementalist

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

not a good idea…
It will change the set that is not a valid option.

Will still be a useless soulbound equipment.

GW2 balance: