Celestial nerf?

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I know celestial got buffed, but I also know that the crit (ferocity) got nerfed a little bit. Can anyone tell me exactly how it has changed? I’ve been working on ascended gear for awhile and am thinking about doing celestial but I’m not sure what the new stats are.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

6.5% increase to all stats. Maybe an extra 30 in each stat total?

Bad Elementalist

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Just take each pieces ferocity and divide by 15. Critical damage carried the damage of celestial but the change also made critical damage a normalized secondary stat.

So putting on celestial v something else isn’t as big a hit of all you cared about was critical damage.

Celestial gloves, boots, shoulders give the same critical damage as a zerker piece IF you look at those pieces individually.

A zerk chest is 5 critical damage celestial top is 3.

Celestial I think is still good because you get more other stuff then before and don’t have as big a difference in crit damage from zerk to celestial. The power gap is even closer then before.

Go runes of pack or strength to help carry your damage while still having good sustain.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

If you wanted celestial for its overt purpose of having all around stats its as good(or bad) as it was before depending on how you view having all around stats.

But lots of ppl got high crit damage gear such as celestial, valks and zerk for just the lesser pieces of armor such as boots and gloves because before there was an advantage to this. Before getting high crit damage gear on lesser pieces gave you the best offensive gains with the smallest defensive losses. Now it doesn’t work like that so ppl who got celestial boots and gloves to go with defensive chest and pants feel robbed.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Like they said, crit damage got heavily nerfed by as much as 50% for celestial boots/gloves/shoulders and other pieces but the nerf was to all crit damage stat pieces of this type, not just celestial. Now crit damage on any piece of gear is normalized so it doesn’t matter where you have it.

So crit damage sets in general took a big nerf but among these sets, celestial got a minor buff too.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

Oh, so in other words, the only nerf that took place was the overall nerf to ferocity? (Crititcal damage?)

And then since the critical damage was changed to ferocity, it’s no longer possible to “min/max” with the minor gear?

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

Not necessarilly, the nerf was also to trinkets in general. Before trinkets provided a much higher crit damage in comparison to other pieces of armor. Trinkets are normalized and celestial crit damageor now known as ferocity was also nerfed.

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

Oh, so in other words, the only nerf that took place was the overall nerf to ferocity? (Crititcal damage?)

And then since the critical damage was changed to ferocity, it’s no longer possible to “min/max” with the minor gear?

Yes to both. Though to tbh I haven’t done any math on the min/maxing just trusting what other ppl say.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I haven’t looked at any math either but at first glance it depends on what stat/stats you care about. It looks like now if you want to min/max crit damage you want to go chest, legs, amulet, rings/weapons. Then everything else put toward your other stats you want. Those spots just give you the most critical damage so most bang for you buck for ferocity if that is a stat your looking for at that time.

The same would go for any other stat you want the most of you would place it in those same slots so you can see ferocity is just like any other stat. I want to maximize my healing power but leave room for other stats I would place it in those spots and my other gear combinations like knights somewhere else.

You can’t really “game” the critical damage system anymore getting beef on armor and critical damage on trinkets. The trade off for the critical damage is just like your trade off to get that 15% chance to crit you might want.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

I haven’t looked at any math either but at first glance it depends on what stat/stats you care about. It looks like now if you want to min/max crit damage you want to go chest, legs, amulet, rings/weapons. Then everything else put toward your other stats you want. Those spots just give you the most critical damage so most bang for you buck for ferocity if that is a stat your looking for at that time.

The same would go for any other stat you want the most of you would place it in those same slots so you can see ferocity is just like any other stat. I want to maximize my healing power but leave room for other stats I would place it in those spots and my other gear combinations like knights somewhere else.

You can’t really “game” the critical damage system anymore getting beef on armor and critical damage on trinkets. The trade off for the critical damage is just like your trade off to get that 15% chance to crit you might want.

Alright, thanks so much for all the help! I think I understand all of this now and I know what to work towards.

Much appreciated, everyone!

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

It seems like a nerf overall though, seeing as the high crit damage was a redeeming aspect of celestial.

edit: A nerf even if you consider that crit damage was nerfed on other gear as well.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

Celestial nerf?

in Elementalist

MightyMicah.7451

It seems like a nerf overall though, seeing as the high crit damage was a redeeming aspect of celestial.

edit: A nerf even if you consider that crit damage was nerfed on other gear as well.

Yeah, well I have a solution for the crit damage loss which I think will work nicely. Thanks for the input though, I appreciate it!

(By the way, me and my friend got a good laugh at of your sig. Very brilliant haha)