Celestial troubles

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quinlanp.1308

Quinlanp.1308

So i recently got my ele to 80 and am stuck on builds. I would like to go staff . Im currently wondering if i should bother getting my tailoring up to craft celestial armor/what kind i would use (exotic vs ascended). Is ascended worth the cost? Will i lack to much power to do damage? How much will it all cost me?

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Cost = time and lots of gold if you go ascended or just time if exotic. As to lack of power you will have lack thereof if you go FULL celestial. You need to mix it up a bit. Remember, celestial is used to buff other important stats like healing power, crit damage and conditions, because after all we kind of have to have it all. Keep your priority on power of you want to do damage beyond that of a wet noodle. Use GW2skills build editor and play with it a while to get something that suits you. Just remember to “even it out” and not kitten yourself. Good luck mate.

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Also, for celestial, go for helm and then coat first, because they give the greatest percentage increase in total stats over other items.

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

What kind of content are you looking to play? I guess celestial is fine for WvW. For PvE, you want Berserker.

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

he hasnt included which game mode it is hes referring to. if its PvE, forget celestial altigether. its worthless. go zerk/assassins. although id be hesitant of making any ascended armor until the devs enlighten us on exactly how they will f*** up the game; there are rumors of a crit dmg nerf. coincidentally, I also would steer clear of celestial because its biggest advantage is higher crit dmg than zerk, and the next update might eliminate that.

sent from my phone

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

he hasnt included which game mode it is hes referring to. if its PvE, forget celestial altigether. its worthless. go zerk/assassins. although id be hesitant of making any ascended armor until the devs enlighten us on exactly how they will f*** up the game; there are rumors of a crit dmg nerf. coincidentally, I also would steer clear of celestial because its biggest advantage is higher crit dmg than zerk, and the next update might eliminate that.

sent from my phone

I hadn’t even considered the effect of such a nerf on celestial. How amusing~

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

If you don’t want to do Fractals there is no good reason for you to craft an ascended set.Unless you want a stat boost of 3-4%(celestial is 5% i think) for the cost of a cheap legendary if you have no mats.Specialy light armors,silks etc cost a fortune now.

Celestial is perfect in WvW for organised play , for zerging and for roaming alone.Personally i have found ideal stats with Celestial having:
1)Full celestial armor-Divinity Runes
2)Cavalier trinkets-Ascended,one Berserker amulet
3)Berserker or Celestial staff.I got the legendary so its not a problem.
With Bloodlust stacks and Stones/Food that gives 200 power on kill you can pass 3k power easily while having good armor ultra high crit dmg ,good crit chance, nice healing power etc.Even if you trait for support you will still hit hard with Tornado+Meteor

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

I really love my Celestial gear and find it worth the time and gold. It’s interchangeable between D/D and Staff also, speaking in terms of WvW. I just started working on my Ascended version of the set.

(edited by Thorp.7982)

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Good luck buying the exotic recipes if you don’t already have them … approx. 112 gold for the light recipes vs. 51 for heavies just for the full set.

Don’t matter if you’re wealthy I guess but I hate the fact that light armour (us mainly) are being exploited on the TP.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Ascended celestial pieces are literally +1 pt to stats except the chest which is +2 to stats (no joke). The +crit dmg is unchanged from exotic to ascended.

I would spend time selling Bolts of Damask for a few months until the hype dies down, then use your insane profits to restock your mats and make your armor set.

I made the mistake of dropping 30 laurels for the wupwup recipes only to realize the pieces are not really worth it — seriously +7 to all stats with a full ascended celestial set over a full exotic celestial set.

EDIT: You can slot an infusion so you get +30 additional stat points total (to divide among vit or toughness in units of 5).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Ascended celestial pieces are literally +1 pt to stats except the chest which is +2 to stats (no joke). The +crit dmg is unchanged from exotic to ascended.

I would spend time selling Bolts of Damask for a few months until the hype dies down, then use your insane profits to restock your mats and make your armor set.

I made the mistake of dropping 30 laurels for the wupwup recipes only to realize the pieces are not really worth it — seriously +7 to all stats with a full ascended celestial set over a full exotic celestial set.

EDIT: You can slot an infusion so you get +30 additional stat points total (to divide among vit or toughness in units of 5).

ascended armor and weapons have never been about the specific stats it is about Defense rating and Weapon strength.

Exotic weapon strength = 952.5 average weapon strength for 2 daggers
Ascended weapon strength = 1000 average for 2 daggers.

Ascended armor = +47 Armor over Exotic for light armor(its +67 Armor for heavies over exotic)

The differences for damage reduction is more profound if you are running a low armor build then if you are running a high armor build. So the extra armor from ascended has more value if you are glassy.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

juno.1840

The extra 47 armor is definitely nothing to sneeze at. I stick by my original statement of:

“…spend time selling Bolts of Damask for a few months until the hype dies down, then use your insane profits to restock your mats and make your armor set.”

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quinlanp.1308

Quinlanp.1308

Why is it that i get more dmg when i have celestial armor and zerker trinkets vs zerker armor and celestial trinkets?

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Why is it that i get more dmg when i have celestial armor and zerker trinkets vs zerker armor and celestial trinkets?

Celestial pieces always have superior stat totals. However, the percentage increase is not the same from item to item, and trinkets have a much lower increase compared to that of armor. So celestial armor will give a higher percentage increase in total stats, when compared to any other type, than celestial trinkets.
Even within the category of armor, it still isn’t equal. Helms give the greatest percentage increase, with coats being second. Thus, if you are looking just to splash a small amount of celestial into your build, these are the pieces you prioritize.

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

You get more critical damage on celestial armor then you get on celestial trinkets. You also get more main stat from trinkets then armor.

Main stat on a ascended ring is 103

The highest main stat you get on armor is from the coat.

So you would look at rings = 2 coats worth of stats.

You get more stats from your trinkets except for celestial.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

You may wish to wait with making celestial stuff until it’s clear how the upcoming critical damage changes will play out.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

You may wish to wait with making celestial stuff until it’s clear how the upcoming critical damage changes will play out.

Second. If the changes go through as described so far, with no alterations, celestial is getting reduced in effectiveness a fair bit.

Gather materials if you like, just hold off on actually crafting the stuff for a while.

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Second. If the changes go through as described so far, with no alterations, celestial is getting reduced in effectiveness a fair bit.

I have started the process of deciding whether I will be playing my mesmer or necro if the change to celestial goes in. I feel totally s crewed that the armor/weapon set I literally spent months and hundreds of gold to build has been nerfed.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

juno.1840

Actually if you read the summary here I think you’ll find that celestial will be just fine:

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/17/gw2-ready-up-skill-and-balance-developer-livestream-notes/

In short, the +crit dmg on celestial get’s replaced with ferocity at the same levels as the other stats. I think that’s actually a very good thing!

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

Currently celestial armor and weapons are equal in % of critical damage they each have however after the patch ferocity will be equal any other secondary stat on celestial gear meaning that there will be a loss of critical damage there.

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

juno.1840

Currently celestial armor and weapons are equal in % of critical damage they each have however after the patch ferocity will be equal any other secondary stat on celestial gear meaning that there will be a loss of critical damage there.

Right but not a total loss. Do you think it should have same +crit dmg as zerks? It will be close actually since zerk’s will have ferocity as a secondary as well.

This system will also allow for new stat combos with ferocity as a primary stat (although why anyone would go with that, I’m not sure).

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

Right but not a total loss. Do you think it should have same +crit dmg as zerks? It will be close actually since zerk’s will have ferocity as a secondary as well.

The only place i feel we may benefit from ferocity is on the trinket as unlike any other piece of gear (weapons and armor) we have a 2/3 less critical damage already in place, when ferocity hit it may end up being close to similar in terms critical damage (maybe around 3%-5% less speculating tho).

Also i do understand not have completely equal critical damage compared to zerk or any 3 stat gear since celestial give benefit in all stats and for a ele this can be a benefit.
But celestial weapons and armor and going to take a big hit.

This system will also allow for new stat combos with ferocity as a primary stat (although why anyone would go with that, I’m not sure).

I don’t see this helping ele much maybe mesmers to improve there reflects.

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

After seeing how outrageously expensive the recipes for celestial exotics are, I am going to go for ascended. Might as well when you’re paying 20+g for some of the recipes.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Celestial troubles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

I’m just going to save all my mats, gold, laurels, and all that and wait for the March patch to see where everything is settled.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro