Cellofrag | WvW Elem | New Video 03/03 !

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

That build is unbviable also..
You get downed in seconds and you are a rallybot for anyone you downed and more.

I use the same in a more balanced build (5000 per meteor).
In order to do something i need to use:

Meteor shower=>lightning flash=>tornado fleeing and often i have to interrupt tornado and hope to get in mistform fast enough to not die.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

lol..i love how you know your class guys!Pay more attention to his rotation and attunement effects and you may be able to understand his build.Also his HP and crit dmg give away his armor.

@Special Kay Sitting back as a staff Ele and killing things while providing CC is what a good staff ele should do

@LordByron How is 3k armor unviable and a rallybot with 20k HP and so high crits.In case you didn’t understand he is not going down the “kittenberserkur armor omg such dmg so die”

I agree though,not sharing the build is not so nice.Where is the love?

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

graendall with 3000 armor and 20k hp and an ele you are critting for 1500

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lasiurus.4067

Lasiurus.4067

I got 3000 armor & 20k HP with buff on this video. Will screen my stat tomorrow if you want.
That’s why I’m uploading the videos, it’s not a no brain full zerker build

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

And I will share the build when I’ll release my staff elem guide
For other information, or video, just have a look at my other topic (Cellofrag)

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Ok this with the tornado trick deals 8K MAXIMUM
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWnEEFcY6BKHQlYAgowFTEKs4hyjcmxGA-jgxAYfA6DQyrIasNjioxqrxUuER1SBY1wI-e

(notice the armor and HP values )

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Graendall.4765

Thats not even close to what he is playing imo.

Try 0/0/25/25/10 with traits like +10% dmg withing 600range and more dmg to bleeding foes…piercing shards and regen/vigor with cantrips on water.I thinks that is his build.

Celestial armor-Divinity..Cavalier ascended trinkets.Celestial weapon.Food +200 ap on kill +10% crit dmg.Now see the traits ,see his rotation and also consider that he is running with a group that is giving him a lot of boons

Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: Geronimo.2509

Geronimo.2509

This build! I need it!!!
Awesome videos, you inspired me

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

nice

against my +20% crit +200 precuision and +20% to low health (bolt to the heart)…

etc……

But let me say…

If you don t apply all the debuff yourself to the targets you can t really say “i m doing X.000”.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

I don’t get the hate here.
It is incontestable that there are many different roles an ele can play. Still a full berserker ele with good group support has its value too. What Lasiurus does is just comprehensive groupplay and he fits in exactly one role: backline DMG / Support / CC.
Nothing wrong here. And since there are many new players every day who are searching the forums for help and inspiration, I would say: let them find some interessting topics rather than flaming posts! If its not your playstyle guys, make a video and enrich our informative part of the community with your understanding of the class!!

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Where is the hate?

comparing builds and asking for explanation is not hate….
I don t want to use his build, yet my build that on paper is at least more offensive, can t get near his numbers.

I need to understand so i can see what to do.
Putting a vid with 10.000 dmg meteors may not be useful if it lakcs the proper explnations or if the damage is caused by other factors.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ney Matogrosso.5736

Ney Matogrosso.5736

Me and my guild loved the video, I agreed that is not new, but when we face zergs lately people just run and hit, and many people die. I just don’t reached the 10k and I hit around 7,6 -8,5k and I’m far from the 3k armor or the 20k HP. But this build is effective when we take a few care like position and 300 Spartan strategy, splay and kill, that is the merit of the videos and the Lasiurus.4067 guild. We trying another variants with small groups against big zergs and still working. I’d like to see your stats Lasiurus.4067. Thanks ^^

Ps.: Did you notice that he has 5 stacks of defense against guardians, guard killer more the border buff and 12 stacks of might plus fury. If he is hitting low level or Zerk players probably is possible to hit 10k with their build.

(edited by Ney Matogrosso.5736)

in Elementalist

Posted by: icebreaker.9352

icebreaker.9352

Just few things I’ve noticed:

- Using Frost Bow 4 instead of Meteor Shower? a waste of a utility space imo.
- You lose a lot of DPS potential by using Tornado after using Meteor Shower, Fire 1/2/3, water2, earth2. Surviving as a staff Ele is more about positioning rather than using utilities/elite.
- Bind your 7-0 skills to your keyboard, it will make things smoother for you.

Good guild group and nice healings.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

frost bow 4 equals to dying in few seconds due to retaliation.

GW2 balance:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ney Matogrosso.5736

Ney Matogrosso.5736

frost bow 4 equals to dying in few seconds due to retaliation.

To solve this problem just use “Mist Form” after Ice Bow, it works ^^

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vinteros Asteano.1209

Vinteros Asteano.1209

Just few things I’ve noticed:

- Using Frost Bow 4 instead of Meteor Shower? a waste of a utility space imo.
- You lose a lot of DPS potential by using Tornado after using Meteor Shower, Fire 1/2/3, water2, earth2. Surviving as a staff Ele is more about positioning rather than using utilities/elite.
- Bind your 7-0 skills to your keyboard, it will make things smoother for you.

Good guild group and nice healings.

frost bow op.

I run it all the time in WvW for the extra aoe.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

The following is observation and guesswork based on the video:

He has 10 points in Arcana, because it looks like he’s running Blasting Staff judging by the size of his fields. He isn’t any higher than that, because you can see by his UI that he doesn’t have the Lingering Elements minor trait active.

He has at least 15 points in Water, because you can see the Healing Ripple animation when he swaps to Water Attunement. For the Adept Major Trait, he’s likely using Piercing Shards for the damage increase, since it doesn’t look like he’s using the cantrip traits.

That leaves 45 points for other trait lines. Because he’s not using Lingering Elements, he can’t stack damage modifiers that are triggered based on the attunement you’re in, so I suspect he’s running as many of the other damage modifiers as he can:

10 points in Earth for Stone Splinters.

It doesn’t look like he has Electric Discharge active, so he has less than 15 points in Air. With 10 Air, he’s probably using Bolt to the Heart for the 20% dmg increase.

That leaves 25 points for Fire, which makes sense if he wanted the Burning Rage minor trait. He’s not using Pyromancer’s Alacrity, based on the UI in the video. Burning Precision would increase the effectiveness of Burning Rage. I suspect the second trait is either Ember’s Might or Spell Slinger, mainly because he’s not staying in Fire Attunement long enough to see much effect from Internal Fire.

If any of that is accurate, you’d end up with a build similar to this.

As far as gear goes, your guess is as good as mine. He seems to be swapping gear, since his HP total changes at various points during the video. High precision and critical damage %s are very likely.

Hope that helps anyone who is trying to reproduce his numbers.

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

“Because he’s not using Lingering Elements, he can’t stack damage modifiers that are triggered based on the attunement”

—> Lingering Elements does not work with damage modifiers, it works only with 5 minor trait of fire/earth/water/air, sadly.

“To solve this problem just use “Mist Form” after Ice Bow, it works ^^”

—> Exactly, i’m using this in the video at 2 min.

Yes, I"m swapping gear but also swapping my build sometimes to test different set up
Thougt my HP also changes because at 3 min I don’t have 5 guard stack.

I will post this week-end a new video of sPvP tournament, will give you the build with the video

in Elementalist

Vick.6805

“Because he’s not using Lingering Elements, he can’t stack damage modifiers that are triggered based on the attunement”

—> Lingering Elements does not work with damage modifiers, it works only with 5 minor trait of fire/earth/water/air, sadly.

Hmm…that’s good to know. For some reason, I thought it did.

Oh well. I’ll look forward to seeing how close your actual build is with what I guessed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

This combo is getting nerfed in the upcoming balance patch. They’re removing the power boost on non-tornado skills. It’s way over the top in WvW, especially with even a slightly organized group.

9k meteor hits through 3700 armor. AOE. Multiple hits. At 1200 range.

That’s definitely not balanced.

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

Can you link your source please ?
If they do this tornado would become useless…
3.700 armor ? I guess you mean 2.700.

@Vick, it will be the PvP build, not the WvW ! My apologize.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

I’ll try to find it. They aren’t removing the power boost on Tornado altogether, just making it not effect skills cast before the transformation. It might make the meteor storm cancel instead.

And no, it was 3700 armor. 8,920 dmg from one meteor hit. That’s probably the highest I’ve seen, but I regularily get hit for ~6k. Does more damage than backstab.

in Elementalist

Vick.6805

I don’t see any problem with Tornado’s stat bonuses affecting other AoEs. It isn’t as if the bonus carries over to more than one cast, and that’s why it is on a long cooldown.

Honestly, that’s the only reason I would ever run the skill (not counting Whirlpool). If they nerf that, it’ll just be one more unused icon in a pool of sub-par “elite” skills.

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

If they nerf tornado in this way, they would have to increase the life & toughness pool when in tornado, Like necromancer elite, or it would just be useless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

… or just rework the whole thing. It’s fairly useless even with the Meteor gimmick.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

Ok, rerolling my kittening mesmer, I want this kitten too. Take 3 dps and 2 support eles, wrap them with melee train to get enemys attention and shower them, gg.

Now seriously, do you think it’s ok to have one class to be that versatile in builds and so powerfull in all of them? Good 1v1, good 1vX, great group support, great DPS. I don’t think eles should be that good.

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Ok, rerolling my kittening mesmer, I want this kitten too. Take 3 dps and 2 support eles, wrap them with melee train to get enemys attention and shower them, gg.

Now seriously, do you think it’s ok to have one class to be that versatile in builds and so powerfull in all of them? Good 1v1, good 1vX, great group support, great DPS. I don’t think eles should be that good.

…What?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaze.4726

Blaze.4726

stop ragging so hard! when did he say my build is better than yours or vise versa! He saw something kool and wanted to share!! and i LOVE IT! and it depends on preference to me staff is kool and what he doing is awesome. Calm down and get a life.

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

stop ragging so hard! when did he say my build is better than yours or vise versa! He saw something kool and wanted to share!! and i LOVE IT! and it depends on preference to me staff is kool and what he doing is awesome. Calm down and get a life.

There’s no rage (unless I include your rageful anti-rage post).

The issue is if you’re going to “toot your own horn” do it for something that was skillful, where people go “wow, I wish I could play that good!”.

Don’t do it for pressing two buttons and posting a video about how epic it is.

Finally real staff elementalists are upset because it draws the wrong kind of attention to staff ele. Does anyone honestly think that staff is OP damage wise? Videos like this reinforce the opposite… not good for us.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Graendall.4765

Yes a good dmg build for staff ran by 2-3 elementalists can change the tide in a fight.
We are not only control and support.We can do massive A-O-E damage as well.

Anyway i am pretty sure i have figured out Cellofrags build but i must be missing some stuff concerning his armor or Runes cause i definitly don’t see such numbers.

Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

How much damage can a half or full celestial ele do per meteor? The stat scales so horribly in power.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

New video – Épisode 6 – Uploading.
Will be available in few hours

in Elementalist

Posted by: SwinderP.2087

SwinderP.2087

does it come with a build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

People all this builds are almost same. Whatever what kind of build is it. We have a balance patch in next month so u have to change everything.

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Is this your build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWnEEFcY6BKHQlgAgyIlTmM0oDRBLKF2B-jECBYjAEEAJfFRjtqpIasabYqYER1WzC1G0KaSB8wwI-w

Also i agree with valkyrie instead of celestial if the change of crit dmg comes out…

I would use power stones with this. Try it, then click “show action” under tornado. It will boost your crit chance to 66%. This way the build pumps out 4700 attack instead of 4483. The food stays the same, though. Power and Crit damage are the 2 important stats. That’s why I use more cav now instead of celestial because I get more power, toughness that becomes power from the stones, and crit damage.

To me, this looks like an amazing build: valk/cav w/ 25 stacks
Tons of health, above average toughness, and a metric ton of power.

Edit: The cantrips I run are AW or AE, MF, LF.

My testing in spvp: if you’re not the one applying the vulnerability before every tornado/meteor, you’re losing 1000s of damage on each hit. You need someone else to do it for you. I tried using arcane to stack vuln before doing erruption, lava font, meteor + arcane power, tornado with zerker ammy and boon duration (since the spec you have banks on more damage per boon on you), +2 divinity runes, and the meteors were doing 5455 each, which is a lot in spvp.

I then switched to a full bunker spec, which doesn’t utilize vulnerability, or endurance, bolt to the heart, and the meteors were a horrid 3433.

The original spec with the max damage requires you to land ice spike, or hit 1 person with the 2 on ice bow, or that someone else applies the vulnerability for maximum damage. I don’t know how easily this is applied. I know engies can do it with bombs.

Also, serrated stones doesn’t show an increase on timer for the bleed applied with ice bow’s ice storm. I don’t understand the trait. Does it increase your damage by 5% if someone else has a bleed on the target, too? If not, I would take armor of earth at 50% health for defense, plus the vigor you need to support the high damage numbers.

You have to finish in water after meteor before tornado, too. But most people should be doing this for defensive reasons, and supportive team regen. Meteor shower, ice spike, tornado does 4482, but has less uptime on meteors, as the spike is a 1s cast.

Chill, ice spike, lava font, meteor, tornado is a nice combo and was doing 5549 without even finishing in water, which confused me, given that piercing shards was one of the traits being used. I tried it again without piercing shards used, and the damage dropped to 4375. You don’t need the lava font, because you want the meteor hitting with the most uptime of vulnerability as possible with piercing shards.

All of my tests were done vs indestructable dummy with 0 stacks of bloodlust, and 0 might.

Overall this has been a fun test for me. :0)

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

More testing showed that it was a 900 damage difference when vulnerability wore off, and that the 5500+ numbers were because the dummy was in the 33% threshold, where it wasn’t during some of the shorter tests. To get to the threshold I had to start in air, switch to earth, erruption, swap to water, chill, spike, swap to fire, font, meteor, tornado. This guaranteed the top numbers.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

New video available, with bonus at the end ! Enjoy.

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

New video available, with bonus at the end ! Enjoy.
A bit less damage than previous video, but longer, sustained fight.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sporkaccione.8753

sporkaccione.8753

How bout that build guide?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Is this your build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWnEEFcY6BKHQlgAgyIlTmM0oDRBLKF2B-jECBYjAEEAJfFRjtqpIasabYqYER1WzC1G0KaSB8wwI-w

Also i agree with valkyrie instead of celestial if the change of crit dmg comes out…

I would use power stones with this. Try it, then click “show action” under tornado. It will boost your crit chance to 66%. This way the build pumps out 4700 attack instead of 4483. The food stays the same, though. Power and Crit damage are the 2 important stats. That’s why I use more cav now instead of celestial because I get more power, toughness that becomes power from the stones, and crit damage.

To me, this looks like an amazing build: valk/cav w/ 25 stacks
Tons of health, above average toughness, and a metric ton of power.

Edit: The cantrips I run are AW or AE, MF, LF.

My testing in spvp: if you’re not the one applying the vulnerability before every tornado/meteor, you’re losing 1000s of damage on each hit. You need someone else to do it for you. I tried using arcane to stack vuln before doing erruption, lava font, meteor + arcane power, tornado with zerker ammy and boon duration (since the spec you have banks on more damage per boon on you), +2 divinity runes, and the meteors were doing 5455 each, which is a lot in spvp.

I then switched to a full bunker spec, which doesn’t utilize vulnerability, or endurance, bolt to the heart, and the meteors were a horrid 3433.

The original spec with the max damage requires you to land ice spike, or hit 1 person with the 2 on ice bow, or that someone else applies the vulnerability for maximum damage. I don’t know how easily this is applied. I know engies can do it with bombs.

Also, serrated stones doesn’t show an increase on timer for the bleed applied with ice bow’s ice storm. I don’t understand the trait. Does it increase your damage by 5% if someone else has a bleed on the target, too? If not, I would take armor of earth at 50% health for defense, plus the vigor you need to support the high damage numbers.

You have to finish in water after meteor before tornado, too. But most people should be doing this for defensive reasons, and supportive team regen. Meteor shower, ice spike, tornado does 4482, but has less uptime on meteors, as the spike is a 1s cast.

Chill, ice spike, lava font, meteor, tornado is a nice combo and was doing 5549 without even finishing in water, which confused me, given that piercing shards was one of the traits being used. I tried it again without piercing shards used, and the damage dropped to 4375. You don’t need the lava font, because you want the meteor hitting with the most uptime of vulnerability as possible with piercing shards.

All of my tests were done vs indestructable dummy with 0 stacks of bloodlust, and 0 might.

Overall this has been a fun test for me. :0)

Isn’t the crit chance a bit low on this?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

^54% with tornado. Yeah, kinda low. 66% or better would be nice. And out of ’nado is a mere 10%. But the trade off is near 5k attack in ’nado with 25 bloodlust. Then over that if you have guard killer. If the target(s) have vulnerability, no pvt gear is going to save them when you bomb.

I tested it in actual spvp, but that was a horrible idea, as I had no front line to support it. Everything feels slow without 20 in arcana, too.

I don’t have a spreadsheet to run lava fonts and auto attacks through to see how much crit chance effects overall dps.

A small tweak of maint oil, zerker+valk ammy, and 2 prec. infusions will bump base chance to 22% (67% in ’nado) from 10%. I would not want to shake the trav runes. They are just too good imo.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

New video incoming this evening : Zerg battle Vizunah versus SFR, 40 vs 60

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

New video incoming this evening : Zerg battle Vizunah versus SFR, 40 vs 60.
A bit less damage than previously, but tankier

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

New small video, feel free to share, comment, or make a constructive critic of this video in raid guild. Includes Edge of the Mist Content.
Max DPS Staff build.

in Elementalist

Lasiurus.4067

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

This isnt helping our case. They already want to nerf meteorshower because all the bads who get caught in it and die due to their own stupidity and ineptitude are crying and kicking their feet for the weakest class in the game to get even more nerfs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

Yea….what about the video. I do that too…but my build is one far more fragile then a glass canon. Mine is a snowflake cannon. Does that make it unfair?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Hello mister squishy, meet the gank squad of most decent guilds and say bye bye to your hitpoints.

It really is hilarious though what ms+tornado can do

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]