Challenge: Score 385 or Better as Elementalist!

in Elementalist

Posted by: TemperHoof.6438

TemperHoof.6438

I want to prove a point. So far, I could never achieve 380+ score in Structured PVP with an Elementalist. I hereby propose a challenge in hopes of proving that Elementalists are sub-par. I want people to post screenshots of a score beating 385 in a structured PVP game.

As a Ranger, I can achieve this a lot —- very easily in fact, and have done so many times. Is it just as easy as an Elementalist? Come and show me.

Rules & Restrictions:

• Must be solo in SPVP, no organized teams feeding you points.
  • Must in Standard SPVP, no tournaments.
  • Must be at or better than 385 to qualify.
  • Must be your achievement, not a friend’s screenshot.

Post a screenshot of your winnings in your post. I will begin by showing my 385 score as a Ranger, I dare you to beat it!

Not only that, please share with us your experiences on either trying & failing to do so, or finally succeeding and what it too to get there.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Here another challenge!

Post a video of you beating a decent ele in 1vs1…and no in sPvP zerg fest where you use your shortbow gimmick to bleed clueless newbs from the top of the keep or mine.

in Elementalist

TemperHoof.6438

I don’t grade Elementalists on 1v1 encounters, as I normally can outperform most people 1v1 as an Ele, but in the game itself I can never actually gain points or do anything functional for the team. I recommend you just stick to my challenge, put your money where your mouth is and show me a screenshot of your Elementalist with 385 or better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I’m all for proving that the ele is UP, but this is just asking for trouble.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nelona.8745

Nelona.8745

Just did 365 few hours ago, not a big deal so don’t have screenshot. What is it you are trying to prove with this? I really don’t get it.

What it took me was to go mists and que to randomly picked up battle and kill some red text, that’s it.

I don’t normally even do SPVP since i like solo roaming in wvw a lot more. Que for wvw seemed to last forever so decided to que for some spvp but i still don’t like it. Most satisfying moments for me is to kill 2-3 people at the same time while solo roaming in wvw.

I still dont get it how is spamming F fastest an achievement though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Run around with a zerg capping points = ele is not broken?

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

in Elementalist

TemperHoof.6438

I still see no screenshots.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

And you wont see them, it needs a very pro elementalist + big luck to even be near that score. Maybe it can be achieved 1 time in 50 games, but easily? lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

I’ve done it but i didnt take a screenshot of it.

When it happened i got this extra bonus at the end for gaining the highest possible score. Didnt think much of it, just surprised me a little. I never take treb so that wasnt it either.

My advice is to go Mist Form stomping ; D Perhaps just three cantrips all the way. tele – churning earth to get kills, mist form, armor of earth for stomping.
I dont think it was a massive zerg game either, but more small skirmishes around the map. That actually makes it a lot less likely to get focused to hell and back and gives an elem a much safer time to stomp. So you gotta be kinda lucky in that regard.

At any rate, it doesnt really say anything to be honest. There isnt really a ‘point’ to make.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bobnintendo.1256

Bobnintendo.1256

I don’t think getting tons of Glory has too much to do with playing well. As far as I know, if 8 people cap a point together, all of them get glory, but it’s just as fast as capping it alone. So If i see someone else already capping a point safely I just move on, I don’t get the glory but I’m more useful to my team than if I was just standing around on the point doing nothing so I get those 10 Glory.

What I’m trying to say is, there are certain playstyles that give you lots of Glory, but those are not necessarily the playstyles you should pursue to win matches.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

Its truth that Glory means nothing if you aren’t playing in a normal way: to win. But if like the OP, you killed 17 people, captured 7 points, defended 1, assaulted, neutralized and even killed forest creatures Its very complicated to think that he went glory farming. Those stats show that he really contributed to the team.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

What’s with all the hate towards the guy?

It’s a simple challenge, take it as fun.
Do it if you want, don’t do it if you don’t… You people… honestly.
There really doesnt need to be any replies other than a screenshot to refute his claims.

I personally don’t think I’ve achieved that score with my ele yet, I’ve made top player in quite alot of games, but never that high.

So no screenshot from me OP

in Elementalist

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

I don’t think I’ve really scored higher than low 300s (of the screenshots I have, 315 is the highest, and the majority of them are 280-305), but also 90-95% of matches I have the highest point total.

That’s kinda besides the point though, as achieving X points doesn’t really prove anything. There have been some matches on Capricorn where I scored very low because all I did was defend the ruins most of the match, but I was also easily the reason that we won because of holding the ruins.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Odie.5142

Odie.5142

Implying score means anything in a match. Also implying that those matches didnt last forever allowing you to rack up said score. Also implying that your bleed ticks werent stealing alot of those kills at the last second and you actually did jack the whole time. Also implying that those were play now matches of any significant rank(lol 14). I solo defend ruins all day and get crap scores, but imkittensure contrbuting. Walk on a point with one second left till cap when 3 of your team mates killed off 4 to take it and you still get 10 points, what a real contributor.

Temper, why you no post your other screenshot where the ele on you team is 5 points behind you? Cuz then you wouldn’t be the 1/10 über troll you think you are perhaps?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Sorry can someone explain what having a high score means?

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

in Elementalist

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

how the hell are we supposed to get that many kills with an ele??
you did it with a fotm shorbow crossfire spamming ranger… what the hell are we gonna do?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ethe.2709

Ethe.2709

He is just trying to make people(Anet) understand that the Elementalist is an inferior class, so there may hopefully be some class balances.

I’ve never gotten close to 385 on my Ele, maybe low 300s, but never that high.

(edited by Moderator)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amnon.4769

Amnon.4769

Of course he’s trying to, but he’s using strawmen arguments to do it. The amount of points you get in a match is dependent more on the other team than on yourself, while whether you win or lose depends on your own team.

If you face a group of AFKers who stand like lambs to the slaughter, then you can rack up 500 points. Does this mean you are good? Of course not.

However, when you’re facing organized teams, with players helping each other and defending capture points, there will be a lot less deaths – hence a lot less points.

Which to me makes his whole “385 points as a ranger” argument completely insulting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SixMachine.4670

SixMachine.4670

Impressive, I think it’s hard for any class to really get that high unless you face a team you really outclass or if you switch ownership of points a lot. I’ve noticed too that if your team hold on to all the points throughout the game, it usually ends up as a low scoring game for both sides, because a lot of points are gained for the player for neutralizing and capturing.

I have gotten more than 17 kills though. Though that’s also not an accurate measure of balance. I’ve been trying to run focus, if I meet a ranger or any other range class I usually win rather easily and that can just be inflating my kills in a good matchup.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prince.3682

Prince.3682

Challenge accepted. From a few min ago:
Score: 415
Kills: 25
Meaningfulness: 0

http://i49.tinypic.com/35033hx.jpg

!http://i49.tinypic.com/35033hx.jpg!

Actually what happened is they finally fixed the wolf stomp banner and I simply had to go try it out. I felt like a kid; I was obsessed with getting kills and stomps to see the animation lol It’s really cool. Then I remembered this thread.

Normally I don’t worry about score at all. I’m all about the tourneys so in hot joins I usually only have 60-100 or so points cause I just look for engagements with quite unfavorable odds because its the closest thing to high end tourney practice a person will be able to get in there. I suspect I could score higher if I wasn’t in my hybrid tourney build.

Anyway, as has been stated, the scoreboards really prove nothing by themselves. I don’t think there’s much argument that there are still glaring imbalances. I personally feel like mesmers and thieves do way too much damage too easily with certain builds and abilities.

And haste/quickness is considered BS by nearly everyone, and is the root of most issues. If those sort of things were fixed I think eles could be considered fine more or less, barring the attunement swap times being so long its very hard to justify not going 20/30 in arcane.

So yeah we still need some work, especially in the way of bug fixes….. plz fix ride the lightning and other movement ele bugs before I /wrists….

We’re about 80% there. Some classes just became 120% there at launch. The bat giveth, the bat taketh.

Seeing this morning’s patch notes I’m just shaking my head again:
General
• Implemented a fix to make Heartseeker, Lightning Leap, Flame Leap, and Monarch’s Leap hit more reliably.

Elementalist
• Fixed bugs with Flamestrike and Ice Shards so they can’t be fired behind the player.
• Quick Glyphs: This Air Magic trait has been updated to apply 20% recharge reduction to the elite skill Glyph of Elementals.

Oh good, glad those button masshers have it even easier now. And boy were those flame strike spamming eles OP! geez…. come on a-net, prioritize these fixes!

in Elementalist

Prince.3682

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/35033hx.jpg[/img]
edit: wth, what is the code to make images show up like OP?

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’ll stick to 200 point range from just kills. Let me swap to staff in combat and I’ll bump it to 1000.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Prince.3682

Yeah, staff might be easier to get kill credit but I was using double daggers for that one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Weapon X.5163

Weapon X.5163

Prince what type of build are you using for Tourny’s where you dont have to run away when people sneeze on you? I run D/D mostly.

in Elementalist

Prince.3682

well 15 in water and a soldier amulet goes a long way. When you get confident at evading the right stuff you can ‘graduate’ Valkyrie amulet and then berserkers, but, its situational even then. Different teams run different comps. Comps with crazy aoe damage makes berserkers a no-go. defensive comps mean berserkers is nearly a must lol