Chill and relax!

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Relax! The nerf wasn’t that bad, 30 points in arcanna was useless anyways, only unskilled people that needed it to survive will still use it, just go 20 air, get 20% reduced cd, and RTL cd goes back to what it used to be (ok not 15, but 16, same thing! plus less cd on other important skills )

Vigor is still up most of the time, so does fury and swiftness. It could (and im sure will in next patch) be worse.

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

30 points in Arcana was never useless and it still isn’t. Stop making such blatantly ignorant statements.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Auroma.9126

Auroma.9126

30 points in Arcana useless? U sure you are playing an Elementalist and not a fire mage?

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

hharry.1967

Ok not useless, just, overrated.

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I can’t bear playing Ele without 20+ in arcane just for the attunement CD reduction.

downed state is bad for PVP

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

I can’t bear playing Ele without 20+ in arcane just for the attunement CD reduction.

This-30 is kind of an overkill imo,but i never,ever have a build without at least 20

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: golantrevize.2394

golantrevize.2394

EA is too good to ignore, both on defensive and offensive builds imo

Varda Elentàri || D/D DPS ele || Baruch Bay [SoC]

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

That I don’t understand, out of 4 attunement only 2 spell is usefull from EAWater because of healing/condition removal and earth because of the blast finisher, air and fire spells are mehhhh.

Ok, I always go 30 in arcana for boon duration and CD reduction and only EA is usefull to take there but if there will be better choice to take I will definetly take that (I don’t use Arcane Spells so XII is also really useless)

So 2 spells that I can use in 10s CD, only big fuzz about it is lets say you HP pool is 18K and u are reduced to 3-4 K health, switching to Water, using one cantrip, all water Water 5, 2, 1, EA roll plus healing from Signet of Restoration will bring you back to 18K there is no other class can do this and you can do this every 10s I guess that is part they had to nerf not the RTL because Warrior and Thief has the same mobility nearly in the same CD….

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

That I don’t understand, out of 4 attunement only 2 spell is usefull from EAWater because of healing/condition removal and earth because of the blast finisher, air and fire spells are mehhhh.

Ok, I always go 30 in arcana for boon duration and CD reduction and only EA is usefull to take there but if there will be better choice to take I will definetly take that (I don’t use Arcane Spells so XII is also really useless)

So 2 spells that I can use in 10s CD, only big fuzz about it is lets say you HP pool is 18K and u are reduced to 3-4 K health, switching to Water, using one cantrip, all water Water 5, 2, 1, EA roll plus healing from Signet of Restoration will bring you back to 18K there is no other class can do this and you can do this every 10s I guess that is part they had to nerf not the RTL because Warrior and Thief has the same mobility nearly in the same CD….

Fire EA is kinda lame, but Air EA is actually probably the most underrated thing in the game. Dodge one attack and blind the next? You just royally screwed with someone’s burst.

I actually feel bad now for posting this on the forums, if any Dev stumbles across this he’s prolly gonna murder EA entirely next patch .

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

That air spell I have a feeling much less radius then 240 I think, I can barely land anybody….or buggy I don’t know…..

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I’m still playing 0/10/0/30/30 with boon duration runes and still loving it. Imo the change to the life steal food is a bigger change to the WvW meta than the ele changes. A lot of high crit glassy builds were finding viability because of the healing they were getting from that food. Now the only classes that can really achieve what I consider to be significant healing are ele and guardian. Ofcourse “significant healing” is a matter of opinion.

The developers may be pushing to change the tPvP meta with this patch but I’m still waiting to see if people stop running double ele comps. Kinda think they’re still worth having tbh.

The thing that really strikes me as odd is that while they did bring down the bunker ele a bit they didn’t really bring anything up significantly to match the bunker ele. Imo Guardian is getting close, thinking of leveling a guardian (or maybe an engi) just in case they get some serious love with the next patch.

(edited by Israel.7056)

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

Neee, double Eles will continue and Guardians can’t replace them because they don’t have that sort of mobility…

People using the double Ele’ really creatively…..

They are sending one to other teams node, harass the defender there and if he goes low, they call the other Ele to attack the node, which has at that moment a half or less health defender…..

Other Ele was allready to full health whilehe is underway to middle node fight….

If you send an extra defender to ur node, then you fight to 4-3 in middle node, it is a win win in any case….

This Nerfs didn’t changes anything about this….

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

The healing in EA didn’t effect me at al because I don’t use healing gear. The +5s on RTL wasn’t necessary. I’m chasing people waiting for it to come back up now. It’s annoying. A thief, a mesmer, a warrior, guardian, etc. can all get range enough to reset fights. That’s what RTL does for us. Explain how it was overpowered.

All in all I don’t feel nerfed and am still owning everyone.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Delius.1968

Delius.1968

All in all I don’t feel nerfed and am still owning everyone.

You’re too much amazing. Gotta step it down a bit, intentionally press the wrong key or something, give your opponents a chance to recover. Or else no one will fight you anymore.

I play mostly PvE and every undead is owning me Try that for a challenge. Luckily I have a W friend who can press 2 and win all. He rarely dodges, actually he hates the daily dodger achievement with a passion. What is a dodge but a waste of DPS? True story.

Sorry – it was too fun not to chime in. I don’t understand any of this nerf it / don’t nerf it / you didn’t nerf it enough / nerf it differently etc discussions. Don’t take it badly

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

Dear OP,
I absolutely agree with you that people need to just chill about the nerf/buff thing, the 3rd Universal Rule of Forums – if a man makes a post, another man will tell them their wrong. However, like many others while everything you said was fantastic, the one tiny piece where you mentioned 30 in arcane sends the hairs on the back of my neck straight up. Instead of mocking you and calling you a kitten as is standard practice for forum responses, perhaps a suggestion as to the benefit of 30 in Arcane. Perhaps this is a style of play you haven’t thought of trying, perhaps it is and it’s just not your cup of tea, but just in case.

I run my S/D and D/D builds with the idea of “blast finishers first, everything else second.” With the S/D build I run In about 3 seconds with S/D in hand I can drop about 12-14k AoE damage, stack 18 might AoE (21 on myself) and 10 seconds later get everyone up to 25 and then keep them there for as long as I want, and all of that revolves around having 30 in Arcane. That’s just my build, there are easy ways to increase that to 25 might stacks on the first rotation with additional cantrips… I just don’t carry a lot of cantrips. That may not be your playstyle, but don’t tell me that’s useless. For dungeon runs and in WvW it’s substantial.

EA in Air and Earth are by far the most useful attunements for the blast finishers and the flashbang AoE blind.

EA in earth for AoE blasts… Swiftness? Maintaining 25 might stacks on the whole party? AoE Weakness? AoE Frost/Chaos/Shock Armor? AoE Retaliation? Evasive Arcana with only a 10s CD is such an amazing trait for group support.

I run a lot of dungeons with PuG groups from the lfg.com site, at least 2 chars through CoF daily (saving up ecto’s for my legendary), and I’m absolutely amazed at how few ele’s understand the group AoE support and damage that can be done thanks to the massive number of blast finishers we can carry. Let’s say I’m on my mesmer with 3 warriors and an ele… and the ele is plinking with staff? I freaking love staff, there are so many d/d ele’s out there and they’re missing out on other great weapon sets like staff, but for pete’s sake with that much melee damage, pull out you s/d or d/d and get in there… 3 warriors with an extra 875 power as well as me on s/d dropping AoE damage over and over, also with an extra 875 power so far outweighs 1 ele with meteor shower who’s too scared to get into the thick of it… it’s rediculous.

Sorry… got off topic there…

To each their own so if it’s a style you’ve tried and just don’t like, then it’s not for you, but for the dynamics of group play, you’re severely limiting your abilities and the benefit you can bring to other people in your party. If you’re a PvE roamer, then don’t wast the time worrying about blast finishers, you don’t need them, but EA provides massive benefit for the melee-range Ele.

(edited by SlimGenre.6417)

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

hharry.1967

For dungeons some times is overkill considering with S/D you have 4 blast finishers you dont really need the one for EA, plus theres always someone else who will give a few stacks of might to the party as well.

You are right, im using another playstyle, i feel like damage isnt enough without 20 on air (so i use 20 on arcana as well). Im not even using boon duration runes, i have always gone for damage/crit damage while still having P/V/T gear (in spv) and P/V/T + knights a few zerker (in WvWvW/pve), so my 20th trait in air was just a 10% damage, which is now replaced for the 20% cd reduction so i dont have to change my playstyle with RTL, i guess this nerf didn’t really affect me at all, compared to the old school 10/30/30. And i tell you i wreck other eles which use EA doesn’t matter if it is WvWvW or sPvP.

Now however im a bit bored of this build and i would like new builds but i guess that wont happen any time soon.

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I use knight’s with ruby orbs. A combination of pvt and zerker trinkets, half of which is ascended. 1 pvt dagger (battle), and 1 zerker (bloodlust). This setup is great in WvW. And I’ll use full zerkers with same runes in sPVP. If you’re having problems, try that. Also, it’s the standard 0/10/0/30/30 spec. There’s nothing better.

I don’t bother chasing thieves anymore with the new RTL cd. And I’ll bail sooner vs 3+.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Chill and relax!

in Elementalist

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

For dungeons some times is overkill considering with S/D you have 4 blast finishers you dont really need the one for EA, plus theres always someone else who will give a few stacks of might to the party as well.

You are right, im using another playstyle, i feel like damage isnt enough without 20 on air (so i use 20 on arcana as well). Im not even using boon duration runes, i have always gone for damage/crit damage while still having P/V/T gear (in spv) and P/V/T + knights a few zerker (in WvWvW/pve), so my 20th trait in air was just a 10% damage, which is now replaced for the 20% cd reduction so i dont have to change my playstyle with RTL, i guess this nerf didn’t really affect me at all, compared to the old school 10/30/30. And i tell you i wreck other eles which use EA doesn’t matter if it is WvWvW or sPvP.

Now however im a bit bored of this build and i would like new builds but i guess that wont happen any time soon.

And there’s nothing wrong with that at all, but I still find that I’m doing most of the might stacking in dungeons or whatever… even when I’m with other ele’s unfortunately. I run a 15/0/0/25/30 or 0/15/0/25/30 S/D depending on what I’m doing, pts in power when I’m doing something that requires more AoE, and pts in Precision when I’m in PvP and need more single-target dps. My D/D build, probably like yours, looks nothing like the standard DaPheonix build, especially in PvP where I’m much more concerned with single target.

That’s why I rolled a mesmer months ago and it’s my favorite alt (ele will always be my baby though). A lot more options for different traiting and playstyle.