Churning Earth

Churning Earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ferny.8250

Ferny.8250

Since when was it a blast finisher?!!! :O

Also has anyone else noticed that you only gain might after the skill has finished channeling?

Churning Earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Since forever? And yes, you need to initiate the cast before the field disappears, but the effect is not applied until the channeling finishes.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

Churning Earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Yeah, it’s always been a blast finisher as far as I know. Also, I’m not sure what you mean by your second sentence, I see “Area Might” pop up right as I begin channeling in a fire field.

If you truly only get it at the end…that really sucks. I’ll have to test it out tonight.

Churning Earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

You only get the actual boons at the end of the cast. Also you can blink into a field, mid way thorugh churning earth and still get the blast finisher to work.

Churning Earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Getting Might only at the end of the channel means that you don’t waste 2 seconds of the boon duration during the channel itself, so I have no problem with it. Not sure if you get the Might before or after the bleeds are applied, so I don’t know for sure whether the Might is getting applied to the damage or not, but still, I’ll take Might at the end over at the beginning and wasting part of it any day.

And the fact that it still takes effect even if the field disappears as long as the field is active at some part of the channel is amazing. I really wish Eruption worked the same way, and don’t really understand why it doesn’t since the two moves are so similar. If Churning Earth can “absorb” the field on cast and then apply it even after the field disappears, why can’t Eruption?

Churning Earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

I like that Eruption has a delay on the blast finisher because it gives the group a chance to see it and put a field on top of it before the blast pops and you can do fun gimmicky stuff like stack uber swiftness on yourself with Eruption → Swap to Air → Static Field → Arcane Wave → Heal Glyph (even more with Inscription trait)

Churning Earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I like that Eruption has a delay on the blast finisher because it gives the group a chance to see it and put a field on top of it before the blast pops and you can do fun gimmicky stuff like stack uber swiftness on yourself with Eruption -> Swap to Air -> Static Field -> Arcane Wave -> Heal Glyph (even more with Inscription trait)

That would all still work if Eruption took its blast finisher early but applied at the end ala Churning Earth, but even better because it would give you freedom to either use Eruption first or Static Field first (where now you have to do Eruption first because otherwise the field will run out before Eruption goes off and you’ll get no finisher at all).

Churning Earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Getting Might only at the end of the channel means that you don’t waste 2 seconds of the boon duration during the channel itself, so I have no problem with it. Not sure if you get the Might before or after the bleeds are applied, so I don’t know for sure whether the Might is getting applied to the damage or not, but still, I’ll take Might at the end over at the beginning and wasting part of it any day.

And the fact that it still takes effect even if the field disappears as long as the field is active at some part of the channel is amazing. I really wish Eruption worked the same way, and don’t really understand why it doesn’t since the two moves are so similar. If Churning Earth can “absorb” the field on cast and then apply it even after the field disappears, why can’t Eruption?

Because eruption is a single effect, churning earth is a pulsing cripple followed by damage (this is why you still get the cooldown if it is interrupted midway through).

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer