Churning earth and conjure weapons

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Please just completely redo churning earth. In it’s current form, it’s useless. I never use it in pvp. The burst damage is good, but I can do more damage auto attacking in air in those 3.5 seconds.

Conjure weapons are also almost useless. The only one remotely good is FGS, for the mobility. Why not convert them to engineer kits, but with cool downs? Say 15-20 seconds per conjure weapon?

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The “Conjurer” might be a nice elite line to develop in the future that could address this… hopefully…

in Elementalist

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Conjure weapons are very useful in PvE.
Churning earth can be used as part of a might prestacking rotation.
Not everything in this game is designed for PvP alone

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

It’s not good for PvE either. It’s only use right now is pre-stacking, which isn’t really necessary as it’s mostly used by organized groups just to squeeze in extra damage before they can get their perma-25 stacks going.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

I never understood why they changed Churning Earth from beta. Back then, 3.5 seconds was the MAXIMUM cast time for it, and you had to hold down the button to cast it. When you released the button, the explosion happened, and the longer you would hold the button the stronger it would be.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

bladex.9502

It’s not good for PvE either. It’s only use right now is pre-stacking, which isn’t really necessary as it’s mostly used by organized groups just to squeeze in extra damage before they can get their perma-25 stacks going.

Not every skill has to have a use in combat.
And you don’t even use it in organised groups, in organised groups other people blast your firefields as well so a simple dragons tooth + phoenix is usually enough, especially if there is a second ele.
Its useful for prestacking 25 might in a solo setting, and I don’t see a reason why it should be changed, you have 19 other skills that you can use if you don’t like it

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

And you don’t even use it in organised groups, in organised groups other people blast your firefields as well so a simple dragons tooth + phoenix is usually enough, especially if there is a second ele.
Its useful for prestacking 25 might in a solo setting, and I don’t see a reason why it should be changed, you have 19 other skills that you can use if you don’t like it

What skill doesn’t have an in-combat use? I can think of Churning Earth, Overloads, and I can’t think of any non-Elementalist weapon skills that are completely useless for both PvP and PvE.

in Elementalist

bladex.9502

Staff water autoattack is pretty useless, Lightning surge is a DPS loss, Eruption has no in combat use (or well, blasting your lava font could be seen as a use, but thats essentially also what churning earth does), Shatterstone is useless, do I need to go on?

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

Staff water autoattack is pretty useless, Lightning surge is a DPS loss, Eruption has no in combat use (or well, blasting your lava font could be seen as a use, but thats essentially also what churning earth does), Shatterstone is useless, do I need to go on?

Yea, those are all ELEMENTALIST weapon skills.

in Elementalist

bladex.9502

Read your post wrong I guess, my bad.
Can’t think of any other classes with skills that are completely useless in combat (staff guard maybe?), but those classes don’t have 40 skills available on their weapons.
Elementalist weapon skills aren’t only made for offensive uses, thats why there are 40 of them

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

Read your post wrong I guess, my bad.
Can’t think of any other classes with skills that are completely useless in combat (staff guard maybe?), but those classes don’t have 40 skills available on their weapons.
Elementalist weapon skills aren’t only made for offensive uses, thats why there are 40 of them

Yea, but even the ones you mentioned have SOME use. Water Auto-attack can self-sustain decently enough if that’s your goal, Lightning Surge does have a Blind even if it’s crappy, Shatterstone stacks Vuln, etc.
Not terribly useful, but at least they have some small niche uses instead of being completely useless in every fight like Churning Earth, except maybe Overloads.

in Elementalist

bladex.9502

You can use lightning flash while channeling churning earth and teleport to your opponent, if you time this right you can make it hit just as you teleport for huge burst damage.
Its also useful when someone is downed to prevent their teammates from ressing.
Churning Earth is a pretty useful skill in pvp if you know how to use it, but it takes some skill, and stupid oponents, to pull off

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

You can use lightning flash while channeling churning earth and teleport to your opponent, if you time this right you can make it hit just as you teleport for huge burst damage.
Churning Earth is a pretty useful skill in pvp if you know how to use it, but it takes some skill, and stupid oponents, to pull off

But if we assume stupid opponents, then a lot of our crappy skills(in PvP) are suddenly usable, like using Glyph of Storms on-point to stack Burning or letting us land Deep Freeze >.>

in Elementalist

bladex.9502

But if we assume stupid opponents, then a lot of our crappy skills(in PvP) are suddenly usable, like using Glyph of Storms on-point to stack Burning or letting us land Deep Freeze >.>

If you use the lightning flash technique its pretty difficult for an opponent to anticipate a dodge, especially when they don’t play ele themself and don’t know that its possible to move the channel with you when you blink

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The “Conjurer” might be a nice elite line to develop in the future that could address this… hopefully…

Elite specs aren’t there to address problems with the class.

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

If you use the lightning flash technique its pretty difficult for an opponent to anticipate a dodge, especially when they don’t play ele themself and don’t know that its possible to move the channel with you when you blink

You can always count it down(most good players know how long it takes to channel) so at best you’re just making them waste a dodge or just gonna eat a CC.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

This is probably the most hilarious thing I’ve heard all day. A combat skill which doesn’t have a use in combat. Wonderful.

I doubt Churning Earth was made to be just for blasting things with pre-combat, otherwise they would’ve just made it an instacast to save you having to wait.

I’m not a huge supporter of lightning flash ‘fixing’ Churning Earth either. Abilities on weapons shouldn’t need an utility to be usable.

in Elementalist

bladex.9502

You can always count it down(most good players know how long it takes to channel) so at best you’re just making them waste a dodge or just gonna eat a CC.

Lets be honest tho, how many actual good pvp players are you gonna face in an average unranked queue.
Most people are just gonna walk out of the AoE circle because it has a 3 second channel, so no need to waste a dodge.
You can abuse that by lightning flashing right on top of them.
On my celestial build lightning flash crits for around 2500 and churning earth around 5000-7500, now imagine that on a purely offensive orientated build, that hurts.

By your reasoning good players can dodge any animation and count down any channel, but in reality people aren’t gonna dodge everything you throw at them

in Elementalist

bladex.9502

This is probably the most hilarious thing I’ve heard all day. A combat skill which doesn’t have a use in combat. Wonderful.

I doubt Churning Earth was made to be just for blasting things with pre-combat, otherwise they would’ve just made it an instacast to save you having to wait.

I’m not a huge supporter of lightning flash ‘fixing’ Churning Earth either. Abilities on weapons shouldn’t need an utility to be usable.

Not every skill on a weapon is purely used for damage.
Take savage leap for example, savage leap is a DPS loss opposed to the sword autoattack, but its used to move around quickly, therefore its still useful.

Churning Earth has enough uses in combat, you just have to learn how to use it

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

Lets be honest tho, how many actual good pvp players are you gonna face in an average unranked queue.
Most people are just gonna walk out of the AoE circle because it has a 3 second channel, so no need to waste a dodge.
On my celestial build lightning flash crits for around 2500 and churning earth around 5000-7500, now imagine that on a purely offensive orientated build, that hurts.

By your reasoning good players can dodge any animation and count down any channel, but in reality people aren’t gonna dodge everything you throw at them

See, you should never consider bad players when talking about skills, because those same players that don’t dodge Churning Earth are also the ones that die to other dumb stuff and constantly whine about it instead of learning. They’re the same people dying to random crap builds, the same people that never rotate, the same people blindly blaming the team and not themselves for going far every single life and constantly dying against a competent team.

I’m not terribly great at PvP, but the people I fight against will never let me cast Churning Earth, let alone land it. So shouldn’t we consider these good players that actually know what they’re doing?

in Elementalist

bladex.9502

See, you should never consider bad players when talking about skills, because those same players that don’t dodge Churning Earth are also the ones that die to other dumb stuff and constantly whine about it instead of learning. They’re the same people dying to random crap builds, the same people that never rotate, the same people blindly blaming the team and not themselves for going far every single life and constantly dying against a competent team.

I’m not terribly great at PvP, but the people I fight against will never let me cast Churning Earth, let alone land it. So shouldn’t we consider these good players that actually know what they’re doing?

I guess I just face really stupid people then.
I wouldn’t call myself good at pvp at all, since I pretty much only play pve, and when I do play pvp I mostly play warrior, I only use ele when there is a daily for it or when I queue with friends.
But I use the lightning flash + churning earth combination pretty often, and pretty much always land it.
Its great when people are kiting/running away, in courtyard to deal massive damage to multiple people, or when I play with my thief friend I use it from stealth, which combined with his backstab, oneshots even heavy armor classes and tanky builds