Cleansing fire debug?

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

I stopped playing 8 months ago and only started playing again about 2 weeks ago so I missed the patch notes between this time period.

When did Cleansing fire lost it’s stun break in the first place???
I clearly remember Cleansing fire being a stun breaker that cleanse 3 conditions and burn nearby foes, well written in the description of the spell 8 months ago. Was that no more the case before this patch? Or are they calling this a debug?!?

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Cleansing Fire was nerfed to slow down triple cantrip bunkers who could use cantrips to escape everything. It happened during the major trait overhaul patch at the beginning of July. Cleansing Fire was bugged, however, and still retained a quasi-stun breaker status (it would downgrade CC but not remove it). This was unintentional and now its stunbreaker abilities have been completely removed.

(edited by Neko.9021)

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

snaplemouton.1294

I see. Well I ain’t gonna be using cleansing fire ever again then… Like if elem needed a utility only for conditions…

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

It was arguably far too powerful for what it did. Cleansing 3 conditions, applying burn, and breaking stun on a 45 second CD with the ability to, if traited, remove a fourth and grant regen and vigor was a bit much.

It’s still used by triple cantrip bunkers and quite powerful still. It was simply slowed down, for game balance.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

snaplemouton.1294

I won’t deny that. But being only a cleansing now, I’d rather take blink, vapor form and armor of earth if I’m going to roll triple cantrips.
And without all the traits to buff cantrips, there is literally no reasons to ever take cleansing fire. :/

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Untrue. Look for Blinx’s guide to the sPvP Top Tier Bunker Ele. It’s used there, and it’s very strong. It was more a problem with folks like Daphoenix who could kite entire zergs for 10 minutes because they had 3 get out of jail free cards that they could, with good play, cycle through to keep themselves alive forever. Actually, in the sPvP metagame, Cleansing Fire is still very useful and very powerful due to the high concentration of constant condition pressure.

(edited by Neko.9021)

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

It was arguably far too powerful for what it did. Cleansing 3 conditions, applying burn, and breaking stun on a 45 second CD with the ability to, if traited, remove a fourth and grant regen and vigor was a bit much.

It’s still used by triple cantrip bunkers and quite powerful still. It was simply slowed down, for game balance.

Maybe it was too powerful, especially traited, but IMHO it is way too bland now. Remove 3 conditions and burn (which most of the time doesn’t apply when you need to use it) is really uninspiring. It should have something special now, like a blast finisher or a fire field or something.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Maybe it was too powerful, especially traited, but IMHO it is way too bland now. Remove 3 conditions and burn (which most of the time doesn’t apply when you need to use it) is really uninspiring. It should have something special now, like a blast finisher or a fire field or something.

It seems really bland because Eles are the most spoiled class when it comes to condition removal. In fact, many classes would absolutely love to have “Cleansing Fire” because instantly cleansing 3 conditions is actually incredibly powerful in PvP formats. It’s still a very strong skill and definitely worth considering when looking for defensive utilities.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

snaplemouton.1294

Untrue. Look for Blinx’s guide to the sPvP Top Tier Bunker Ele. It’s used there, and it’s very strong. It was more a problem with folks like Daphoenix who could kite entire zergs for 10 minutes because they had 3 get out of jail free cards that they could, with good play, cycle through to keep themselves alive forever. Actually, in the sPvP metagame, Cleansing Fire is still very useful and very powerful due to the high concentration of constant condition pressure.

You don’t have to explain me how powerful it was, I was bunkering support staff triple cantrip in sPvP against a full team.
I didn’t explained correctly. I didn’t mean that there was absolutely no reasons to use cleansing fire for everyone, but for myself, I have no reason to ever use it.
It feels underwhelming compared to what the other 3 cantrips can offer. Now if they’d change one of the cantrips or cleansing fire to an offensive, I’d reconsider using it in a bunker heavy build.

Also, did they change something with lightning hammer, I saw on your guide in the stickies that it was dealing tons of damage.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

snaplemouton.1294

It seems really bland because Eles are the most spoiled class when it comes to condition removal.

That’s why I’m not gonna be using it.
Especially since speccing into cantrip often means you are going to get regen condition removal.
I’d sure gladly take cleansing fire on any of my other character, (Aside from my mesmer.) but it’s on my elementalist so I’m judging from my elementalist point of view.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

It has always dealt a lot of damage. It deals Warrior levels of damage when combined with Piercing Shards (Water IV). The reason is that it:
-Is a melee weapon set
-Has a steep penalty (charges on a bundled weapon)

Thus it has a high damage ratio compared to our other stuff.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

It seems really bland because Eles are the most spoiled class when it comes to condition removal.

Especially since speccing into cantrip often means you are going to get regen condition removal.
I’d sure gladly take cleansing fire on any of my other character, (Aside from my mesmer.) but it’s on my elementalist so I’m judging from my elementalist point of view.

Regen only removes a condition every 5 seconds which can mean death in pvp if you don’t use an active condition removal skill on top of it.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Regen only removes a condition every 5 seconds which can mean death in pvp if you don’t use an active condition removal skill on top of it.

Yup. Cleansing Water was nerfed to have a 5 second internal cooldown. So you can’t, say, attune to water and then use a cantrip to remove several conditions in a row without waiting 5 seconds between them.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

snaplemouton.1294

Yup. Cleansing Water was nerfed to have a 5 second internal cooldown. So you can’t, say, attune to water and then use a cantrip to remove several conditions in a row without waiting 5 seconds between them.

Yes I know, but I only meant you usually get Cleansing water when speccing into cantrips. With the plentora of other ways for elem to cleanse conditions, on top of it, cleansing fire feels pretty weak compared to a long stability, a blink and an invulnerability form.

And for the lightning hammer, when I last really played around with it, it was doing subpar damage because bundles didn’t take weapons stats in consideration, massively lowering the damage output of bundles. Did they change that?

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Neko.9021

Yes I know, but I only meant you usually get Cleansing water when speccing into cantrips. With the plentora of other ways for elem to cleanse conditions, on top of it, cleansing fire feels pretty weak compared to a long stability, a blink and an invulnerability form.

And for the lightning hammer, when I last really played around with it, it was doing subpar damage because bundles didn’t take weapons stats in consideration, massively lowering the damage output of bundles. Did they change that?

Yes. Bundles now use your stats, and work with sigils and everything.

Lightning Hammer is still probably really bad in PvP formats, however. It’s more of a PvE thing.

Also, remember that Lightning Flash no longer removes stun either.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

snaplemouton.1294

Lightning Hammer is still probably really bad in PvP formats, however. It’s more of a PvE thing.

Ugh, I really should sit down and read every patch notes then.
Still I prefer Lightning Flash to Cleansing Fire. In such a fast paced game, switching position in the blink of an eye can mess up the enemy player pretty hard.

As for Lightning hammer, I’ll sure as hell give it a try next time get the chance if they finally fixed the bundles.

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Aether McLoud.1975

Ugh, I really should sit down and read every patch notes then.
Still I prefer Lightning Flash to Cleansing Fire. In such a fast paced game, switching position in the blink of an eye can mess up the enemy player pretty hard.

As for Lightning hammer, I’ll sure as hell give it a try next time get the chance if they finally fixed the bundles.

Lightning flash can still be used while CCed though it doesn’t remove the CC after the teleport. Also, Lightning Hammer is godmode pve

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Cleansing Fire still has its place, just gotta know where and when to use it (hint, not for condition removal)

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Cleansing Fire still has its place, just gotta know where and when to use it (hint, not for condition removal)

Do you mean fire grab, or is there a newer use I’m missing?

Cleansing fire debug?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Do you mean fire grab, or is there a newer use I’m missing?

Yea, Lightning Flash Fire Grab with Cleansing fire. Also to apply burning when not in fire line whilst still having it as condition removal backup (otherwise you would take sig of fire).

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows