Closed

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

I am trying to restore one of my fav wvw builds but alas the new min/maxer system has me thwarted. so here is what i was running any help would be appreciated, unless it’s agressive or “deal with it” in attitude.

Air Ele scepter/focus. zealot stats.(not changing gear, hate zerk meta)
Current setup and issues.

air line:Move faster/Atune charge(useless as I almost never change attunement)/Precision+/vulnerable/Bolt to the heart.

fire line=power+ while attuned(useless and loses me massive power bonus i previously had) crit burns/fire shield on atune(useless see above) +condition dmg(mosty useless as an air)more dmg to burn foes

Water Line: (only time i shift from air is to stop death) Regenerate while attuned/regenerate on critted/Heal on attune cantrips cause regen(only trait in this line necessary for build)Healing done to allies+(useless)Soothing power(not great as a grandmaster but ok i guess)

Stats:zealot(which previously was awesome, but now that it is responsible for all your stats is useless as it doesn’t provide any vitality or precision)

Skills in build:scepter/focus/Ether renewal/cleansing fire/mist form/signet of air/tornado(which I’m not happy about changing to as it lost me take root and the invuln time that skill gives)

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

You are going to have to change your gear up some I think. I think that is part of the struggle everyone is having now. I think the new system with stats on gear is better than before, but some adjustments have to be made.

Zealots is kind of meh imo for a scepter/focus ele you might as well run zerk since you probably have low toughness the zealots won’t allow you to spike heal because damage>healing, especially now that most classes are doing more damage than before.

I’d mix some celestial in there.

I’d take air over fire with a mostly zealots build since power is still your main stat

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Why not just wear some Vitality and or Healing gear? Celestial, Soldier, Cleric, Sentinel even?

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

If you are not willing to compromise on the zealot armor you will need toughness bc without it your healinh power isnt worth anything. evern with your invulns it wont be enough. Maybe try something crazy like using Brawler Runes. I would also mix trinkets too. Try something crazy like Air/Earth/Water. Zephyr’s Boon, Tempest Defense, Fresh Air, Elemental Sheilding, Geomancer’s training, Daimond Skin, Soothing Ice, Cleansing Wave, Soothing Power. It sounds weird but with the parameters you provided i would do something like that. Good luck with w/e you decide!

PS. Maybe Valk Weapons & Celestial Trinkets might give you the stat spread you need to both stay alive and do some damage?

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

(edited by Treeoflife.4031)

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

so you run scepter without fresh air and you camp air most of the fight? You should fix that problem too.

Bad Elementalist

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

so you run scepter without fresh air and you camp air most of the fight? You should fix that problem too.

^^^

Fresh air on scepter is hugh burst if you are not using it i would not use scepter personally. Like FrownyClown said you need to swap out of air to proc fresh air and should never camp any attunement. So start in air. unload burst. If it goes well and they are on the defense i’d go Fire next to try and finish em off. If initial burst doesnt go well i’d go water to proc soothing mist and small heal to stay above 90% health. or go earth and pop stone barrier or invuln and heal. while in water tho i hear soothing mist is actually pretty good. Around 700/tick with decent heal power (which with zealot you should have). Always try to swap back to Air as soon as it is refreshed. Others might be able to help more or offer better advice…

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

Closed

in Elementalist

Warlock.7136

most of these posts were what i expected. "do it our way or your a garbage build" i have 5 eles. THIS ele is a build centered around arc lightning and shifts only to water in emergencies. instead of turning my build into a differnt build maybe as the forum topic said you could help me fix this one. as i have said before in many forums this update screwed up 20+ characters. so if no one wants to help me make a build around arc lightning with the new system then please don't. if however you believe you can help me in the way i was asking. then i would love to hear it and will take the advice to heart. everyone constantly tells me that the new system can use any build that was previously in it. but everytime i ask for someone to help me recreate a build i had. they immediately start with. "so lets scrap the whole thing,then you can run my build instead of yours" Arc lightning.water/air elements used any traits or trait lines or stats i am willing to use so long as they center on this character being an ARC LIGHTNING build. I have 4 other eles with other weapons/elements to also think of. This is one of my air eles. i have a staff ele for when i feel like playing an ele who shifts his element around. this one is built to do damage with arc lightning or to regen/heal enough to switch BACK into air/arc lightning. it's a character for shooting things with a trained laser. also a mild-mid amount of healing is just fine. i don't take much damage as with these stats i get 1 shotted. the idea is to kill the opposing player with arc lightning and if you start to take damage dodge back into the meat shield that is the zerg. regen then move forward and start blasting again.

(edited by Warlock.7136)

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

First off, no one here is obligated to help you with anything. People here post on a whim, and you take of it what you will.

Second, what exactly was lost? Like, what was your original build before? Because I’m not even sure what it is you’re trying to recreate.

Third, stats were simply moved further into gear. While in sPvP, for sure, this was a loss, for WvW and PvE where one can customize stats, it’s hardly an issue. Consider that you gained roughly 70 Vitality with the patch (since base stats were brought to 1000 from 926), and that you could make up the rest of that vitality and healing, if you wanted to, in the form of gear changes. Since your gear was made, overall, about 30% stronger, you can afford to change some of your Zealot’s gear to other stats in order to achieve similar stats as you did before. Celestial, Soldier, Sentinel, and Magi’s could be some possible gear replacements.

Most of all, though, I’m curious as to what exactly you lost. While it’s true Air Magic lost a bit of its power for some builds, overall, many of the Elementalist trait lines have been buffed significantly. So I genuinely want to know what was lost, and what you are trying to recreate, so that I can give my best possible advice for as to what you could do to achieve satisfactory results.

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

that escalated quickly.

Bad Elementalist

Closed

in Elementalist

Warlock.7136

^^^

Fresh air on scepter is hugh burst if you are not using it i would not use scepter personally. Like FrownyClown said you need to swap out of air to proc fresh air and should never camp any attunement. So start in air. unload burst. If it goes well and they are on the defense i’d go Fire next to try and finish em off. If initial burst doesnt go well i’d go water to proc soothing mist and small heal to stay above 90% health. or go earth and pop stone barrier or invuln and heal. while in water tho i hear soothing mist is actually pretty good. Around 700/tick with decent heal power (which with zealot you should have). Always try to swap back to Air as soon as it is refreshed. Others might be able to help more or offer better advice…

^this post. this post is what i was talking about. ^this is using a different build by including instructions like “should never camp any atunement” and “fix this problem too” how i play my build is up to me and the fun i get out of it and is not a problem to be fixed. prepatch this character killed players in 3 seconds on average. or three ticks of arc lightning which ever. now i have to use like 5-10 ticks on average. which i find wierd, sense supposedly both regular damage and condition damage were buffed. i am looking for mathmatical help with the build. play style suggestions or adding things like "then shift to fire so you can kill them using lameo looking fire skills rather then the arc lightning(which was the entire reason you made this character). are less then helpful. better suggestions would sound like “ok so to optimize use of the arc lightning and cantrips of the build for dps we would trait it like this…”

(edited by Warlock.7136)

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: wolfer.1587

wolfer.1587

You ignore the people who are trying to help you and complain about the few people who tell you to change your build. Do the opposite. Ignore the people who aren’t helping and talk to the ones who will help.

First off, you can make a Fresh Air build that uses attunement swaps for Electric Discharge procs. You start channeling Arc Lightning, swap to fire, fresh air recharges air, swap back. Then do the same for Earth. You get 2 damage bursts in there from Discharge, and even thought you swapped attunements, you were still using Arc Lightning the entire time. Doing this you can also get attunement bonus traits, like fire aura when attuning to fire, and have it help without ever casting a fire skill.

However, if you don’t want to try that, I would use the following:

Air – Ferocious Winds, Aeromancer’s Training, Bolt to the Heart
Water – Soothing Ice, Cleansing Wave, Cleansing Water
Arcane – Arcane Precision, Elemental Contingency, Elemental Surge

Your build got “nerfed” for a few reasons:
- You can’t stack as many damage % modifiers as you could before.
- You are more invested in healing power than you were before
- You are less invested in ferocity than you were before

The trait build I set up tries to shore up the lack of ferocity with Ferocious Winds and Elemental Surge (you’ll need to run some arcane skills)

All of that said, I find it highly suspect that you were killing people with three ticks of Arc Lightning before.

Closed

in Elementalist

Warlock.7136

i will look into what you have posted here. i suspected something in my damage stacking wasn't functioning right. traits written down for playtesting using bolt to the heart traits you listed. ty also for acknowledging that this build was destroyed in the patch and wasn't recoverable. the forums seem to think that this hasn't happened to anything in the patch but i have 20+ characters whose builds went from fun to not functioning in this patch literally every build i used isn't capable of being used as i very rarely used a grandmaster trait before and now i'm restricted down to 3 trait lines all of which MUST be maxed.

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Guys restore my wvw build pls too.. !
It consisted of sitting in water spaming auto to with d/d to stack vuln and casting cantrips for the boons which then gave more damage due to bountiful power
Now that the trait is an arcana grandmaster my build is killed.
Going into arcana is no option cause i dont swap so im at a complete loss here..
kitten Anet killing build diversity.
Also im still mourning for my 15 15 15 15 0 build back in the days..stacking those master minors and owning people left and right.

Closed

in Elementalist

Posted by: wolfer.1587

wolfer.1587

i have 20+ characters whose builds went from fun to not functioning in this patch literally every build i used isn’t capable of being used as i very rarely used a grandmaster trait before and now i’m restricted down to 3 trait lines all of which MUST be maxed.

ArenaNet originally said they were going to try to preserve all builds, but that’s not possible when you’re cutting and rebalancing traits. The end result is they wanted to just improve things as a whole. Your 20 builds may not work as-is, but that isn’t a bad thing. It’s an opportunity. Explore the new system and find new builds that excite you. You’re clearly a veteran player, you should cherish the opportunity.

The grim truth of it though is that you may have to switch up some gear pieces to put your stats back how you like them. I suggest you do this by switching around ascended trinkets. They’re account bound and not too hard to get, so you jiggle things around until you find what you like.

Guys restore my wvw build pls too.. !
It consisted of sitting in water spaming auto to with d/d to stack vuln and casting cantrips for the boons which then gave more damage due to bountiful power
Now that the trait is an arcana grandmaster my build is killed.
Going into arcana is no option cause i dont swap so im at a complete loss here..
kitten Anet killing build diversity.
Also im still mourning for my 15 15 15 15 0 build back in the days..stacking those master minors and owning people left and right.

It sounds like you’re joking, buf if you aren’t, you should play a ranger if you want that play style. Train people down with the longbow while stacking crazy amounts of vulnerability with remorseless. If you really want to do something boon heavy, then you should really not be afraid of attunement swapping because with Elemental Attunment + Elemental Contingency + Bountiful Power you can really go crazy.

Closed

in Elementalist

Warlock.7136

ok some thoughts and questions on what you showed me. when i say “i use” btw it’s just information to be considered not an assumption mine is better.

Air: we match on this perfectly so air line is optimized.
Water: Soothing Ice(we both use) You Use:Cleansing Wave: Relies on reatunment to trigger(which will happen rarely and only close to death) I use:Soothing Disruption,(Why?) for cantrip support.(2 of three utility slots) You Use:Cleansing Water:“Remove a condition when granting regen to yourself/others. I Use:Soothing power(Why?) To boost the regen that is the only reason i am attuning to water currently.(a question: I have a cantrip to remove conditions, will i really need that much cnd removal when a sneeze that hits too close just killed my character? vs Reduction in time to max hp and thus another burn phase so to speak.)
Arcane(I use Fire): you use:Arcane precision (this seems like a reasonable defensive trait.) I use:Burning precision(Why?) this causes the bolt to burn and burn longer adding cnd damage to the build.You use:Elemental Contingency(my thought: fury might be nice. would take me to 86% crit chance while active) I use:Power overwhelming (Why?)for cnd damage boost for burn.(my question which is better for dps”5 seconds of 86% crit chance" or a stable 10% increase to cnd stat based on power?) you use:Elemental surge(is this worth it if my only arcane skill that i would use Arcane Shield is used as my only arcane skill when it would mean taking out Signet of Fire and the static +180 precision bonus from it.)

(edited by Warlock.7136)

Closed

in Elementalist

Warlock.7136

another question. I am currently running scepter/focus. should i be running Scepter/Dagger?

Closed

in Elementalist

Warlock.7136

also a correction on a previous statement i used incorrect terminology when i said 3 ticks of arc lightning what i meant to say was 3 animations(which i assume was stages 1/2/3 being done once) per kill.

Closed

in Elementalist

Warlock.7136

tried it with arcane blast. good enough. ty for your help.