Coming back to ele after 1 year

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Hi there. As the thread title suggests i haven’t played my elementalist for over a year
and would like a brief summary for spvp.
First off, is fresh air still 0/30/0/10/30 after the patch?
Does it stand a chance against necro and engineer?

Are there other common elementalist builds used for pvp?
What are their strenghts and weaknesses?

Thanks in advance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Bad timing.

10 in water is garbage right now, they moved cleansing wave to a master trait.

Tbh, an equally skilled necro / engi should have 0 issues defeating an ele. ele can only win by massively outplaying his opponents and having 0 mistakes.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Crovax.7854

so, umm…
0/30/020/20 with VI X in water and II VIII in arcana?
Or go triple arcane with I VIII XI in arcana?
btw i’m using focus oh instead of dagger.
the skills are so good for control and exel dagger which is lacking severely in defense imho; mistake?

(edited by Crovax.7854)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

You’re not going to beat a half-decent necro or engineer as any build.

0/30/0/10/30 is still a functional fresh air build, you just take Vital Striking (+10% damage) now that Cleansing Wave is gone. Or if you’re running triple cantrips you can take Cantrip Mastery since it’s an adept trait. Just keep in mind that you can literally die 0.5 seconds flat if you’re not careful (or get caught in any CC with cantrips down), nothing has changed in terms of survivability.

In the current state Ele is at a disadvantage against very other profession, the only way to win is to massively out-play/out-skill your enemy by a HUGE margin. I stopped trying to play Ele seriously a few weeks ago, the latest changes only hurt the class overall…now I just run as zerker staff, it can do hilarious AoE damage (at the cost of guaranteed losing all 1v1’s, but that’s not much of a change).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I played SPvP yesterday and wrecked each person I fought when 1v1, won several 2v1s and survived a 3v1, killed someone and escaped until help found me. In several hours of play, I only died twice, got downed once more past that.

That was in hot joins, and I don’t think it means much, so no need for flames. But I will say you can do well now with certain changes. I would say go bunker with everything but your gear.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Crovax.7854

I just tried a bit in spvp and well. Which build are you using mbelch?
I’m running 0/30/0/10/30 currently but the fresh air combo seems to do
laughable damage and i don’t know why, since i saw eles in tourneys bring
bunker guards down to ~35% with one combo. Aside from that I had severe problems against even bad hammermonkey since signet of air and mistform have such a high cd.

I don’t know if i should take a third stunbreak but the arcane wave comes in very handy in case i didn’t land a crit. Gear is valk/zerk jewel and 6/6 divinity.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I don’t exactly share everything I run, but look to the Valk amulet, and build bunker.

Stack might, and you may as well be a glass thief LOL. If you have ANY issues, PM me in the game.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming