Compilation: Elite Spec Ideas

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Hello, I have noticed that there are a lot of elite spec ideas floating around the forum and I felt like it would be best to have a compilation thread where people can share their general ideas without creating a huge wall of text.

Basic format is….for example
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Name of the Spec- Strategist

Niche the spec fits into- Small, mobile target power dps.

New weapons, if any – Mainhand Sword

New mechanic(Keep this simple, no more than 1-2 sentences) – Attunements upgraded to styles with passive effects for 10 sec after swapping to the style triggering every couple of spells and charges carry over between attunements. For example; Fire – aoe damage on spells, Air – lightning bolts on target spells, Water – self healing on spells, earth – blast finishers on spells.

New utilities and heal- Stances (Don’t put an explanation on these and stick to existing utility types).

general idea and notes(again 1-2 sentences at most)- A dps focused spec that will have active mitigation through stances and generally is like daredevil in that it is selfish and promotes use of the main ele mechanic which is swapping attunements regularly. I’d like to see a real auto attack chain instead of lightning whip.

Note: General ideas only, don’t create a wall of text explaining all the traits and the utilities and the numbers. Everybody has different ideas on what is balanced and of course different modes of focus so lets leave that discussion to other threads.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I had suggested this one or two month ago :

Name : Source master
The major critic about this spec is the weapon choice. I chose the pistol because it felt like using a “mechanic” weapon was a good way to showcase a spec that channel magic through external object/source. But well that may be a bad idea (or not)

Niche : Wide, backline support and dps (low mobility)

Archetype : Elementalist/ranger

Mechanism :
Source : Magic spot that follow the Sourcemaster and automatically copy it’s attunment and core profession traits effect related to attunment. By default the source can’t be damage and follow you. F5 allow you to fix the source at a spot until you want it to follow you again.

Utility skill : Those could be called manipulation and the main effect would be to shape your source into spells.

Heal : Source of life : Heal you for X. Allies near your Source are healed for Y.

Utility 1 : Chaotic source : you and your source emit powerful ondulations inflicting random alteration to foes and granting random boon to allies. 3 wave over 6 seconds.

Utility 2 : Source of balance : allies around you and your source gain stability also break stun.

Utility 3 : Void source : Your source become a void spot destroying incoming projectiles.

Utility 4 : Flash spot : Blind enemies around your source.

Elite skill : Elemental shock : Your source first draw elemental energy base on your current attunment, inflicting condition to enemy around it, then release a powerful elemental shock dealing damage and leaving a field based on your attunment. Energy drawn for 3 seconds before the energy shock occur. (something almost like a chronomancer’s well).

General idea : This a spec that use a tool like the revenant’s stone of ventarii to enhance the effect of attunment swaping by allowing these effects to also trigger at the location of the “source”. The point is to improve dps and widden support abilities.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zicarous.2134

Zicarous.2134

Name of the Spec- Warden; Greatest Defense has always been a offense!

Niche the spec fits into- Close/ medium range dps/ support.

New weapons- Shield.

New mechanic – When changing attuments, gain access to new power elemental skills (that replace that attuement) such as; BLizzard: Cast a blizzard around you, damaging, chilling and tormenting foes.

New utilities and heal- Wards (I know you said existing but WARDS)

General Idea; I know ele has alot of support but with wards gain alot more support and control in a small area! shield (with traits) would increase our touhgness which is much needed and give us great spells such as; Metor: Bring down a Metor from the sky, smashing into the ground damaging, burning and knock back foes (Blast Finisher)

I know not orginal but my god been waiting for wards too long..

in Elementalist

Posted by: King Kai.4516

King Kai.4516

in Elementalist

Dadnir.5038

Name : Archon

Niche : DPS

Archetype : Elementalist/necromancer

Mechanism : Archon : a transformation skill which is like a shroud and filled with arcane skills that replace weapon skills. Ideally arcane’s traits work with each skill. Lock you out of utility skills but shroud you in magic to keep you alive.

Weapon : Torch

Utility skill : Mantra.

General idea : The idea is to give to the elementalist a bit of survivability in a dps oriented niche by shrouding it in magic.

Name : Warden

Niche : Support/tank

Archetype : Elementalist/warrior

Mechanism : More or less a burst skill on F5. The warden have 1-3 blood shard that fill themselve when he is using magic and you can discharge this magic based on the element your using at the moment.

Weapon : Shield

Utility : Consecration. Fill the earth with elemental magic creating area consecrated by this/theses elements. (Yes it would be “wards” Zicarous)

General idea : The idea is to not stray far from the elementalist but gve it tools that will help in it’s support and add an extra “burst” skill that could allow a burst of dps or a burst in defense depending on which attunment you are.

Name : Wizard

Niche : Movement/evade

Archetype : Elementalist/thief

Mechanism : Endurance management mechanism. Whenever you switch attunment you gain a definite amount of endurance.

Weapon : Main hand sword

Utility : Trick (people that use magic all have their own trick )

General idea : The general idea is to create a spec that focus around the ability to dodge. It’s an avoidance spec.

Note : I feel like it’s important to vary the mechanisms of the differents spec. Each one of them have to rely on a different aspect of the game : being pet, dodge, burst or transformation. This allow builds and gameplay to focus on different things.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Something which makes you pick two attunements ala revenant, and then greatly enhances those attunements in some form (weapon swapping?). Could even grant an F3 skill based on the two attunements chosen.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Elementalist

Dadnir.5038

Something which makes you pick two attunements ala revenant, and then greatly enhances those attunements in some form (weapon swapping?). Could even grant an F3 skill based on the two attunements chosen.

While I agree that the idea could be interesting, sadly it would conflict with some core elementalist traits. The 4 primary attunments just can’t be reduced at all due to these traits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Which traits do you have in mind?

in Elementalist

Dadnir.5038

Fire traitline :
empowering flame, sunspot, Pyromancer’s training, Pyromancer’s puissance

Air traitline :
Zephyr speed, one with air, electric discharge, aeromancer’s training, fresh air

Earth traitline :
stone flesh, earthen blast, rock solid, stone heart

Water traitline :
soothing mist, piercing shard, healing ripple, cleansing wave, soothing power

All these traits destroy any build diversity with your idea, mostly locking oneself in traitlines that suit the 2 attunments you take. To be efficient with this idea, one must take the tratlines that suit the attunment they uses, any other traitline (out of arcane) will waste a few traits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SconeOfDoom.8213

SconeOfDoom.8213

Name: Enchanter

Niche: Area buffs and debuffs

New Weapon: Idk any other weapons that fit Elementalist, maybe offhand Scepter, that could work well. Or mainhand Focus if Anet wants a good laugh.

New Mechanic: Swapping attunements triggers an area effect. I have two ideas. Swapping attunements triggers a blast or grants a set of AoE buffs and debuffs. For example, swapping to fire grants 3 might stacks and blasts the area, or swapping to fire grants fury and burns enemies, etc.

New Utilities: Traps, with a different trap for each attunement. For example, the fire trap could burn enemies and create a short term lava font on trigger, water trap could chill enemies and grant regen to allies, etc.

General Idea: With this Elite Spec, Elementalist would specialize in buffs and debuffs and controlling the battlefield with AoE buffs/debuffs, rather than going straight DPS or straight heal like most Eles nowadays. This spec would be similar to Rev Herald stance but with less availability for buffs and access to more debuffs. Also, it encourages rapid swapping of attunements in order to get the most out of each attunement bonus/blast, kinda opposite of overload where you stay in an attunement long enough to overload it and then swait for it to come off CD (fresh air excepted, of course).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

High elementalist.

Can be traited in addition to other elite specs.
Can only trait one element.
So currently it would allow for 8 trait combos. 4 elemtents with either arcane or tempest.

Gets a weapon swap instead of elemetal swaps within the traited element.
Traits in each tier usually support condi/power/support

Utilities: No new but Special: Can put one normal utility in the elite slot with a 30% CD boon.

If a new weapon is given: offhand pistol = 900 range highly offensive weapon: fire burn + power, air power + CC, water power + heal, earth multiple conditions.
(could be main sword too for all sword fans)

Good thing: This spec is much easier to build and balance ….
It´s an RPG style and offers a new elemetalist type that many woudl like. All arcane 4 ele swapers just look to other specs :-) [i am an arcane ele myself ^^]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I kind of like to see a full on transformation ele elite spec where the main weapon is nothing but the ele it self becomes a different type of element depending on its atument.Kind of becoming one with magic (some what fitting the story atm). The main thing about this is it cant be just becoming the pets that ele can use but something different maybe more done out.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: SconeOfDoom.8213

SconeOfDoom.8213

I really like that last idea @jski.6180 , maybe it could go something like this:

Name- Elemental (couldn’t think of a better one, sorry)

New Weapon- Doesn’t really matter for this Specialization

New Mechanic- Channel- While spending time in an attunement, the Elementalist channel the power of elementals. When fully channeled, the Elementalist can attune itself with the elements, becoming an elemental for a short period of time. While in elemental form, gain element specific buffs and access to new weapon skills, but lose access to your utilities. The transformation can be ended early to retain stored elemental magic, but places “attune” on a cooldown.

New Utilities- I was thinking elemental wells, kinda like Necromancer wells, but something else could work as well. Maybe traps. Mantras could also work quite well here.

General Idea- The whole point of being an elementalist is to channel the power of the elements, and the purest form of the elements are elementals themselves, so why shouldn’t we be able to turn into one? This would function similarly to Necromancer’s Death Shroud, but without the additional health. Instead, you would get a buff (like +150 power in fire, +150 toughness in earth, etc) and access to more abilities. Other things could work as well, like maybe an empowered auto attack instead or something. Regardless, this would look so cool and be instantly iconic in my eyes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I really like that last idea @jski.6180 , maybe it could go something like this:

Name- Elemental (couldn’t think of a better one, sorry)

New Weapon- Doesn’t really matter for this Specialization

New Mechanic- Channel- While spending time in an attunement, the Elementalist channel the power of elementals. When fully channeled, the Elementalist can attune itself with the elements, becoming an elemental for a short period of time. While in elemental form, gain element specific buffs and access to new weapon skills, but lose access to your utilities. The transformation can be ended early to retain stored elemental magic, but places “attune” on a cooldown.

New Utilities- I was thinking elemental wells, kinda like Necromancer wells, but something else could work as well. Maybe traps. Mantras could also work quite well here.

General Idea- The whole point of being an elementalist is to channel the power of the elements, and the purest form of the elements are elementals themselves, so why shouldn’t we be able to turn into one? This would function similarly to Necromancer’s Death Shroud, but without the additional health. Instead, you would get a buff (like +150 power in fire, +150 toughness in earth, etc) and access to more abilities. Other things could work as well, like maybe an empowered auto attack instead or something. Regardless, this would look so cool and be instantly iconic in my eyes.

I of more of the mind of when you atune to an element you become that element but it puts all of your other atuments on a cd so a slow swap but much more meaningful.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

idk, Magick Archer?

Unlock weapon- Longbow
New Skilltype – Arcane Symbols, changing effect depending on attunement
New Mechanic- Power Shot, expend Profession Specific Resource to use a powerful skill based on your current attunement, leaves a unique symbol behind
General- Sustained dps with some support options

in Elementalist

Posted by: fuzzyp.6295

fuzzyp.6295

I had some fun just thinking about this topic. And I came up with one that might be pretty interesting. Instead of going for a new weapon and a new spec in general, I wanted to look at what Eles currently have with our Conjure weapons. It could be an extremely interesting elite spec if done in a way that allows the Conjure weapons to be more flexible with the Ele’s play style.

Name: Conjurer

Niche: DPS, Tank, Utility. Kind of depends on the weapon, but it won’t be a healer focused spec that is for sure.

New Mechanism: There is really no singular new mechanism. The elite spec would instead focus on making the Conjure weapons much more viable as alternatives to using our current weapons. Sort of in a way giving the Elementalist more of a chance to ‘weapon swap’ with the conjure weapons without it punishing the Elementalist by forcing them to give up their other skills. The new traits would help offset the fact that they sacrifice their large skill pool for a smaller set of 5 skills. I’d also imperilment some sort of new skill to be active when the conjure weapon is summoned instead of it going straight to cool down, giving more depth to the summoning of these weapons.

New Utilities and Heal: For new utilities, we’d have some sort of new skill to be used when the Conjure weapon is summoned. I’d make it some sort of powerful skill that is tied to the amount of charges left on the weapon. As for the Heal, Conjure Healing Tome. Think the Elite Tome for Guardian, but with less of a focus on healing the party and more of a focus on just healing themselves.

General Idea: I don’t think how Conjure weapons are currently implemented we’ll ever see them truly shine. An elite spec focusing on them could be what they need to actually become a viable tool in the Ele’s kitten nal. I’d go about creating the spec with at least two ways to play it in mind. First would be using the Weapon more as utility, similar to how they are used now. I’d probably revolve around summoning a weapon quickly, using it once or twice then channeling its remaining charges into the powerful new skills implemented when you summon a conjure weapon. The second type of game play would be straight up attempting to buff the weapons so that they can be used as a psudeo-alternative to weapon swapping. This means having skills like increased toughness, power based on the amount of charges left in the weapon and some defense skills like proccing an aura while swapping attunements if holding a conjure weapon.

I’ve thought a lot more into this than I’ve posted here but thats the general idea.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

Name : Summoner
Niche : Selfish solo range high dps.
Archetype : Elementalist/ranger
Weapon: Longbow? Rifle?
Mechanism : Has an arcane elemental that can change roles (f5) from close range (will gain toughness, and minor self heal) or ranged (high dps). Elemental will in range mode can to told area to stand ( like rev tablet)

Utility skill : Idk mostly some skills to command pet, ie switching places, told to absorb dmg etc.

Heal : Ele and elemental link and heal each other players between the two get healed x, and enemies get damaged x. ( would make placing elemental more important.)

Elite skill : Elemental Fusion, fuse with element for short time, gain access to elemental skills, increase in vit, and toughness. At end of fusion elemental and player destabilize releasing large arcane burst.

General idea : Elemental will allow ele to have both close and long range dps no matter weapon equipped, by change elemental role.

About the elemental: the element in range mode would be same range as staff /longbow or rifle (1200), and would follow close to elementalist unless directed other wise.