http://i.imgur.com/bxrTEvW.jpg

Burning speed: Evade

Frozen burst: Now a blast finisher

Signet of restoration: No longer split between pvp and pve/wvw

Armor of Earth: Reduced cd from 90 to 75 sec

Fiery Rush: Aborts when used with teleport

Cleansing water: No longer split between pvp and pve/wvw

Fire: Blinding Ashes: Blind foes for 5 seconds when you burn them – cooldown 5s

Air: Lightning Rod – interrupting an enemy causes them to be stuck by a damaging lightning bolt that leaves them weakened (5s)

Earth: Stone heart – You cannot be critically hit while attuned to earth

Water: Aquatic Benevolence- your healing to other allies (not self) is increased by 25%

Arcane: Elemental Contingency- Gain a boon when you are stuck, based on your current attunement, coodown; 10 seconds. Fire: 3.5s of retaliation; air: 5 seconds of fury; Earth: 2.5s of protection; Water: 3 seconds of vigor

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Comprehensive Ele changes from RU

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

My impressions are WoW

People need to keep in mind that these are 30 point investments!

You can’t run 0/10/0/30/30 D/D and run all of these a 30 fire ele will take a hit to healing or attunement recharge etc…..

With that said (op talk will happen anyway)

Elemental contingency will be very nice combined with elemental attunement.

30 fire is very nice – I seen people in chat saying its a D/D ele trait but S/x can burn on auto attack but synergy with burn on crit trait looks much more attractive now.

The earth trait very very nice trait most earth skills for ele aren’t very damaging but the ability to swap and tank looks good.

Overall my first thoughts are these are pretty good.

Remember these are 30 trait point investments

You will have to change from your old 0/30/0/20/20 or 0/10/0/30/30 etc. Your looking a possible new trait combinations being viable for Ele. At the minimum these new traits are attractive enough to make people try to discover new builds. Remember when fresh air came out people dismissed that trait also.

If you are not planning to change your old build then the only attractive traits for you are the ones in lines you already invest in i.e. 30/30 water and arcana d/d eles will only look at the arcana trait.

These traits do what 30 point traits are suppose to be about which is building around like the new fire trait.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I see nothing that really helps ele sustain. You are not going to be fighting in Earth. Most Earth skills are rather poor. Low damage, low threat. So you wont be crit hit but you also wont be killing them in Earth.

Fire is meh, the whole traitline is rather poor. So you burn someone and blind them great for Scepter and its Auto attack, average for anything else and weakened due to the trait line it is in

Air. Yawn. Terrible.

Earth is TERRIBLE. It has very average skills and is pretty terrible when going with D/D at the very least. This trait wont be taken by quite a few i dont think. Being in Earth and with D/D you are not a threat so not being able to be Crit hit means nothing.

Water. Terrible.

Arcane. Terrible. No chance it would be taken over Evasive Arcana.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Not being critically hit is a very large help to ele sustain. You don’t stay in any attunement but if you know that you got basi by a thief you swap and reduce the backstab damage by 150% or more since it wont crit. That is huge I don’t see how you don’t see the counter play there.

You got earthquaked by a warrior you swap if earth is up.

Air seems a bit lackluster but I think we need to see how much damage that air strike does.

Water is support if you don’t support then not for you. I’ll use it when I run staff in GvG’s. I can run a heavy damage build with 30 water but still have healing effectiveness like I am running alot of clerics. he said in total if you stack +47% to your healing very strong for group play while still letting you do damage on staff.

Arcana: I see it being good the only good one is water the others have their uses but would I take them over vigor, more fury, retal, prot? Debatable but I will try all of these traits out to give them some proper testing.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

……………………
………………….
………………………..
Arcane: Elemental Contingency- Gain a boon when you are stuck, based on your current attunement, coodown; ….. Earth: 2.5s of protection; ……

nice for ele tank

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

a 30/x/x/x/30 build with scepter/x build might be funny for 1vs1s.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

The issue is that these are all grandmaster traits. They require 6/14 of our trait points invested in a certain line. With the gigantic issue of elementalist still locked in having to spec in arcana for attunement swaps, we can’t really afford to putting traits just to get some “nice to haves”. And the new Arcana trait really doesn’t beat E/A considering that it’s passive and relies on the enemy, not to mention elemental attunment already does that job in part.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

The issue is that these are all grandmaster traits. They require 6/14 of our trait points invested in a certain line. With the gigantic issue of elementalist still locked in having to spec in arcana for attunement swaps, we can’t really afford to putting traits just to get some “nice to haves”. And the new Arcana trait really doesn’t beat E/A considering that it’s passive and relies on the enemy, not to mention elemental attunment already does that job in part.

The majority of players that think they are “locked” into 30 arcana are usually D/D players. Staff and S/x often times don’t go 30 arcana. I run D/D almost exclusively or staff when needed in groups I only go 30 arcana for evasive arcana the attunement cd is just a secondary to me.

When I do run staff or S/x which isn’t often but I don’t go 30 arcana 20 max since S/x has a extra heal on main hand S/x and I usually pair it with /D. Now you can put that with 30 water to remove a additional condition on water trident.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

http://i.imgur.com/bxrTEvW.jpg

Burning speed: Evade

Frozen burst: Now a blast finisher

Signet of restoration: No longer split between pvp and pve/wvw

Fiery Rush: Aborts when used with teleport

Cleansing water: No longer split between pvp and pve/wvw

Fire: Blinding Ashes: Blind foes for 5 seconds when you burn them – cooldown 5s

Air: Lightning Rod – interrupting an enemy causes them to be stuck by a damaging lightning bolt that leaves them weakened (5s)

Water: Aquatic Benevolence- your healing to other allies (not self) is increased by 25%

Arcane: Elemental Contingency- Gain a boon when you are stuck, based on your current attunement, coodown; 10 seconds. Fire: 3.5s of retaliation; air: 5 seconds of fury; Earth: 2.5s of protection; Water: 3 seconds of vigor

All of these changes sound very appealing towards the variety of playstyle the Ele have. One concern though. The fire gm will be my favorite if it is as described.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

The majority of players that think they are “locked” into 30 arcana are usually D/D players. Staff and S/x often times don’t go 30 arcana. I run D/D almost exclusively or staff when needed in groups I only go 30 arcana for evasive arcana the attunement cd is just a secondary to me.

When I do run staff or S/x which isn’t often but I don’t go 30 arcana 20 max since S/x has a extra heal on main hand S/x and I usually pair it with /D. Now you can put that with 30 water to remove a additional condition on water trident.

I don’t think we’re locked into 30 arcana, but very rarely will you see an ele who does not spec at least SOME points into arcana because the base cd is still too high in a prolonged fight. The difference is significant when you fight against another ele, or any other class who chose to build into sustain. With higher attunement cd, eventually you will run out of steam (unless you’re absolute perfect on all timings, which I am admittedly not even close).

Not only that, as you said, E/A remains one of the best traits we have and it’s not changing, and it just so happens to be a GM trait.

I’ve seen plenty of other classes that forgo their “professional” traitline entirely. Can’t really say that about elementalists.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcturus.8109

Arcturus.8109

I’ve waited for this patch to resume to play spvp (small, but stable buffs looked nice) but now I’m completely desperate.
With all that buffs to condition and bunkering ele gets basically nothing. Fire is somehow fine but ele with 30 in fire is still a free kill w/o real means to kill anything.
We haven’t got any options for sustain (like 1000 healing power for mesmers or 1000 toughness on warriors, they need it), we still cannot play condi and our damage gets indirectly nerfed.

Is there anything I’ve missed or is it time to completely reroll out of this graveyard?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Arcana’s gm trait is poor because you don’t have control on when or how it procs, making it random and ineffective. Magic: The Gathering taught their developers this lesson.

Everything else is delicious. Worth noting that all elemental traits are defensive in nature.

For 30 fire, the synergy with burning precision is going to be overpowered. I assume the adept trait will be rebalanced. This will also make focus fire worth using for, with a blinding flamewall and a blinding fire shield. The best candidate for the master tier will be cleansing fire, or the pyromancer’s alacrity so you can use drake’s breath more often. Drake Breath itself will be very strong in any game mode.

For 30 air, it’ll be a really nice defensive tool for dps mh dagger elementalists. Think of Shocking Aura dealing Lightning Bolt’s damage and weakening while you are auto-attacking with Lightning Whip. That’s pretty crazy in pvp.

With so much weakness and blinding, plus extra damage from the trait’s stats or from the extra lightning bolt, I can see MH dagger eles getting pretty crazy with 30 fire + 30 air in pvp. I mean, switch to air, aura, weakness and loads of damage. Switch to fire, and blinding is re-applied several times in few seconds, only to be followed by an evasive burning speed. You won’t even need OH dagger for this. The focus, the two traits, and the buffs to mh dagger, will allow for d/f eles to deal very high sustained damage and condition control (remember, fire trait increases condition duration) while still having a lot of active defenses. Add in 10 points in earth for +10% damage while in melee, and just load yourself with offensive stats.

30 earth is probably the most exciting addition in theory. Burst incoming? Change to earth, then change back to another attunement. This will pretty much allow you to replace elemental attunement’s protection when fighting against glass cannons. You’ll be able to go 30 earth, 20-ish+ water, have enough defense against glass cannons, especially thieves, and then fight back with the remaining points into offensive traitlines.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Does anyone think a 30/30/10/0/0 or 30/30/0/0/10 S/F build might be viable now?

Burning Precision, Pyromancer’s Alacrity and Blinding Ashes in Fire.
Bolt to the Heart, Air Training/Aeromancer’s Alacrity and Fresh Air in Air.
Stone Splinters in Earth, maybe Obsidian Focus or Earth’s Embrace for a little more survivability
OR Renewing Stamina in Arcana.
Amulet and Runes IDK yet…maybe Valkyrie with Berserker Gem and Balthazar Runes?
Utilities would be LF, Signet of Air and Cleansing Flames.

Idea would be to keep up near-perma blinds and burns while spiking with Fresh Air+Air 15. Focus is for defense obviously, but also provides more burns in Fire.

Fresh Air and Focus Earth together reduce the need for Arcana.

Utilities don’t really require CD traits if you play smart and spike your opponent down, since the blinds should hopefully keep you alive long enough to kill them. LF is for positioning or escaping if stunned. Cleansing Flames is for condis and more burn/blind. Signet of Air for mobility and more blind.

This is actually exciting. Don’t know if viable though. Thoughts?

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Would Burning Fire over Pyro Alacrity work better in that situation? I don’t know.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Would Burning Fire over Pyro Alacrity work better in that situation? I don’t know.

I’d like to think Pyromancer’s Alacrity would be better because the Burning Fire proc isn’t under my control, plus with Alacrity I get reduced cooldowns on Phoenix (condi removal), Flamewall, Fire Shield (more burns+blinds) and Dragon Tooth.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

Yeah, I’m just wondering if the decrease in skill cd will run up against the internal proc cd, making the decrease in cd less useful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Im so happy about d/d changes. 0 0 30 30 10 full zerker for pvp maybe?

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Im so happy about d/d changes. 0 0 30 30 10 full zerker for pvp maybe?

I think d/d eles should try 30 air instead of 30 water. Use Ether Renewal + Rock Solid as your condition cleansing skill, and go full on with trying to proc lightning rod’s trait with shocking aura/ updraft/ earthquake.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

If you just project these new traits to your current situation/playstyle and the meta game, yeah the traits are not looking promising.

However with upcomming changes, and a changing meta game, who knows how these traits will compare.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

Did they specify whether Blinding Ashes has an ICD or if the CD is per target? I assume the first, because per target would be too awesome.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I don’t think we’re locked into 30 arcana, but very rarely will you see an ele who does not spec at least SOME points into arcana because the base cd is still too high in a prolonged fight. The difference is significant when you fight against another ele, or any other class who chose to build into sustain. With higher attunement cd, eventually you will run out of steam (unless you’re absolute perfect on all timings, which I am admittedly not even close).

Not only that, as you said, E/A remains one of the best traits we have and it’s not changing, and it just so happens to be a GM trait.

I’ve seen plenty of other classes that forgo their “professional” traitline entirely. Can’t really say that about elementalists.

Precisely. Stop thinking Eles are locked to certain Trait lines.

Having 30 points in 1 attunement doesn’t mean you’ll be locked in it. Even now, I swap to Earth for Protection if I know that my enemy will burst me. It’ll be even better when Stone Heart comes because you will basically be immune to bursts if you use Earth properly.

I’d love to try out Blinding Ashes too. With 30 points in Fire it will be so easy to proc Burns and blinds especially on Main Hand Dagger.

(edited by Kyon.9735)

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Having 30 points in 1 attunement doesn’t mean you’ll be locked in it. Even now, I swap to Earth for Protection if I know that my enemy will burst me. It’ll be even better when Stone Heart comes because you will basically be immune to bursts if you use Earth properly.

I’d love to try out Blinding Ashes too. With 30 points in Fire it will be so easy to proc Burns and blinds especially on Main Hand Dagger.

The problem is Earth skills are really lackluster. Outside Ring of Earth, Magnetic Grasp if you can get it off in time and Earthquake (in D/D) it offers nothing. The auto attack is shockingly poor and you stand VERY little chance of getting Churning Earth off.

Now if Earth had a VIABLE skillset that meant you would still be a threat, great. However that is not the case, you lose so much threat just being in Earth and all you show for it is taking a little less damage than you would in another attunement where you would pose a greater threat to them as well…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Very dissapointed. Ele been underpowered for awhile now. The devs kept going on about an elepocalypse and this is what were gonna get. From past experiences I now know what they showed us is exactly to the T what is gonna get changed for ele. Basically added no survivability to us. No defensive gimmick. Cooldowns are still awful on almost everything. I would much rather have several of the other classes new traits then the junk we are getting. The cooldown on blinding flash will make it useless. A few seconds of weakness dosn’t make a difference. Earth attunement is awful. I don’t give a crap about healing my allies when I am dead cus ele has no hp no armor no defensive mechanic poor self heals. Arcane trait is really bad and almost the same thing as a major trait we already have.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeckerDontPlay.1639

DeckerDontPlay.1639

Reading this makes me feel like people really don’t understand the earth attunement….

The earth magic trait line is amazing and with stone heart it’s going to be even more tempting. No longer being crit plus rock solid+Ether Renewel combo…just went from 6 to 12 in my pants.

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

Can you provide more detail for how you plan to use this trait outside of making crude bathroom humor jokes? I’m really curious. I would like to know how people want to use these traits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Ok so my impressions so far:

General buffs:
Still sad that focus gets no love. Fire #4 and water #4 are boring and almost useless for what they do.

New traits:
I like the fire one. Though going 30 into fire for pvp as anything other than staff will hurt your survivability a lot, I like the risky playstyle and tradeoff present here (I wish more classes had this sort of tradeoffs). However, I won’t use it.

Air… I feel that there’s missing information. Perhaps this bolt does damage, or there’s something more to it, because right now it’s the worst out of these 5.

Earth, this one I don’t even know. I don’t even know how can people say that it sounds lackluster. It screams grossly overpowered to me and I’m considering abusing it. Can you imagine thieves backstabbing you for 2500 at most? It’s a ridiculous counter for power builds and even hurts condi builds that rely on applying stuff through crits.

Water, horrible, but at least it sounds slightly better than air.

Arcana, would never use as long as evasive arcana exists in the same slot. This trait is a joke.

Overall good buffs, I just wish that PU mesmer was deleted and that warriors HS received actual nerfs.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Earth, this one I don’t even know. I don’t even know how can people say that it sounds lackluster. It screams grossly overpowered to me and I’m considering abusing it. Can you imagine thieves backstabbing you for 2500 at most? It’s a ridiculous counter for power builds and even hurts condi builds that rely on applying stuff through crits.

The problem is the fact that Earth attunement skills offer no threat what so ever. So while you take less damage, you are also yourself much less of a threat. They can just continue to attack you until you are forced into changing Attunements to heal up at which point you are vulnerable to crits for at least 10seconds. That is enough time for at least 2 Backstabs and plenty of HS spamming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

The problem is the fact that Earth attunement skills offer no threat what so ever. So while you take less damage, you are also yourself much less of a threat. They can just continue to attack you until you are forced into changing Attunements to heal up at which point you are vulnerable to crits for at least 10seconds. That is enough time for at least 2 Backstabs and plenty of HS spamming.

Managing it intelligently can deny thousands of damage. I don’t think you seem to realize the difference between a 2500 damage backstab and a 6000 one.

Also, conjures.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

The problem is Earth skills are really lackluster. Outside Ring of Earth, Magnetic Grasp if you can get it off in time and Earthquake (in D/D) it offers nothing. The auto attack is shockingly poor and you stand VERY little chance of getting Churning Earth off.

Now if Earth had a VIABLE skillset that meant you would still be a threat, great. However that is not the case, you lose so much threat just being in Earth and all you show for it is taking a little less damage than you would in another attunement where you would pose a greater threat to them as well…

Wait, how did we end up with Weapon Skill Sets when we’re talking about Traits?

But yes, I agree Dagger mainhand is somewhat lacking for Earth Attunement.

Earth Magic increases Toughness and Condition Damage, and focuses on Earth Attunement skills, additional defensive abilities and signets.

Attune to earth, gaining superior damage-over-time and defensive abilities.

Scepter main hand offers Additional Toughness and AoE Blind. (Defensive)
Focus Offhand offers Condition Cleansing with projectile reflect and Invulnerability. (Defensive)
Staff offers Bleeds, Projectile Reflect, and Crowd Control (Offensive and Defensive)
Dagger Offhand offers AoE crowd control and a channeling skill that applies 4 stacks of bleeding. (Offensive and Defensive)

What does Mainhand dagger offer?
A lackluster melee skill that applies cripple and 1 stack of bleed, and a single target soft crowd control.

Dagger Mainhand on Earth does not provide “superior damage-over-time” nor does it offer good defensive abilities.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Wait, how did we end up with Weapon Skill Sets when we’re talking about Traits?

But yes, I agree Dagger mainhand is somewhat lacking for Earth Attunement.

Earth Magic increases Toughness and Condition Damage, and focuses on Earth Attunement skills, additional defensive abilities and signets.

Attune to earth, gaining superior damage-over-time and defensive abilities.

Scepter main hand offers Additional Toughness and AoE Blind. (Defensive)
Focus Offhand offers Condition Cleansing with projectile reflect and Invulnerability. (Defensive)
Staff offers Bleeds, Projectile Reflect, and Crowd Control (Offensive and Defensive)
Dagger Offhand offers AoE crowd control and a channeling skill that applies 4 stacks of bleeding. (Offensive and Defensive)

What does Mainhand dagger offer?
A lackluster melee skill that applies cripple and 1 stack of bleed, and a single target soft crowd control.

Dagger Mainhand on Earth does not provide “superior damage-over-time” nor does it offer good defensive abilities.

Because the trait is only useable in Earth. Unless you plan on doing nothing while in Earth.

Scepter does have decent skills in Earth. Shame the rest of the skills are lacking for my kind of build.

Dagger Earth main hand has a Terrible auto attack, average #2 skill and a decent #3 skill. Its the Auto attack that annoys me the most.

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

Managing it intelligently can deny thousands of damage. I don’t think you seem to realize the difference between a 2500 damage backstab and a 6000 one.

Also, conjures.

Yeah, conjures is the only way I see this trait being worthwhile. It could effectively turn you into a warrior. I just would like to see the conjure traits we have be a bit more useful. Do we have confirmation that the trait will work with bundles/conjures while you’re sitting in earth attunement? Just making sure we’re not assuming something (like how some people assumed the thief heal would work on critters).

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

^Hey, I think Ring of Earth is pretty cool, and the leap is situationally handy (if a bit slow). Only the auto-attack could be slightly better.

Also, the greatest strength with Stone Heart, is Rock Solid + Ether Renewal.

A thief starts hitting you? Even if they backstab you for half of your health before you switch to earth, going earth -> ether renewal is going to be pretty good.

And let’s not forget earth -> rock solid + stone heart + protection -> churning earth. We’re talking about a build that goes at least 20 arcana here, so we can expect some regeneration and perhaps lignering elements + soothing mist for even more regen. So that’s a safe time to cast churning earth, while having massive defense and some regen.

Stone Splinters also synergies with churning earth pretty well.

in Elementalist

DeckerDontPlay.1639

Can you provide more detail for how you plan to use this trait outside of making crude bathroom humor jokes? I’m really curious. I would like to know how people want to use these traits.

Uhhhhh…you swap to earth to proc prot and negate burst and/or to proc rock solid to clear condis and heal……..situationally……

I heard you like rock hard appendage jokes.

You guys are severely underestimating the fact that you can nullify an entire burst and leave the attunement with prot for your following offensive posture.

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

(edited by DeckerDontPlay.1639)

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

Uhhhhh…you swap to earth to proc prot and negate burst and/or to proc rock solid to clear condis and heal……..situationally……

You guys are severely underestimating the fact that you can nullify and entire burst and leave the attunement with prot for your following offensive posture.

This. TBH I’m kind of confused why people insist that they need to sit in Earth attunement. This trait is an Active Defense which allows them to nullify an entire burst. If they choose to stay in Earth to permanently get the trait’s effect which cripples their DPS greatly, then they’re doing it wrong.

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

You guys are severely underestimating the fact that you can nullify and entire burst and leave the attunement with prot for your following offensive posture.

This. TBH I’m kind of confused why people insist that they need to sit in Earth attunement. This trait is an Active Defense which allows them to nullify an entire burst. If they choose to stay in Earth to permanently get the trait’s effect which cripples their DPS greatly, then they’re doing it wrong.

We’re not the ones insisting a need to sit in earth. The trait is the one insisting that. Historically, elementalist traits that require you sit in an attunement have not be very useful. And this trait very much requires you sit in an attunement. And no, before you accuse me for the millionth time, I’m not suggesting they just make you immune to crit period the end. Everyone is well aware that would be overpowered.

in Elementalist

DeckerDontPlay.1639

Nullifying an enemy’s burst =/ sitting in earf attunement yo

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

There appears to be a definition problem. Can you define what you mean by burst?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Do we have confirmation that the trait will work with bundles/conjures while you’re sitting in earth attunement? Just making sure we’re not assuming something (like how some people assumed the thief heal would work on critters).

100% confirmation? No. However, traits like the current fire grandmaster traits do work with conjures. Same with traits like Piercing Shards. It’d be rather odd if Stone Heart didn’t work.

(edited by Fenrina.2954)

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Except, Thief can redo that burst within 4seconds. So While you may avoid the first burst, the moment you leave it you will be burst down anyway.

So they do there burst, it is reduced by the trait and being in earth. Then what? You’re in an attunement that offers very little. The thief will just wait until you leave it and burst you down. That isnt exactly great play, that is just waiting for you to leave an attunement.

In the mean time they will keep attacking you and have little to fear because Earth skills are rather weak and of little threat to pretty much anyone. So the thief is just bididng his time knowing thaqt you will have no choice but to leave the attunement sooner or later and as soon as that happens, back into easily obtained stealth ready to backstab you know that you will have at least 10seconds before you can go back into it.

in Elementalist

Nageth.5648

Do we have confirmation that the trait will work with bundles/conjures while you’re sitting in earth attunement? Just making sure we’re not assuming something (like how some people assumed the thief heal would work on critters).

100% confirmation? No. However, traits like the current fire grandmaster traits do work with conjures. Same with traits like Piercing Shards. It’d be rather odd if Stone Heart didn’t work.

Agreed. I’m mostly hoping an ANet dev will pop in and let us know either way because I am thinking up some conjure builds that make use of this.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

Except, Thief can redo that burst within 4seconds. So While you may avoid the first burst, the moment you leave it you will be burst down anyway.

So they do there burst, it is reduced by the trait and being in earth. Then what? You’re in an attunement that offers very little. The thief will just wait until you leave it and burst you down. That isnt exactly great play, that is just waiting for you to leave an attunement.

In the mean time they will keep attacking you and have little to fear because Earth skills are rather weak and of little threat to pretty much anyone. So the thief is just bididng his time knowing thaqt you will have no choice but to leave the attunement sooner or later and as soon as that happens, back into easily obtained stealth ready to backstab you know that you will have at least 10seconds before you can go back into it.

From little to none fighting chance at all to being immune to their burst. That’s a really big change. During the time you’re sitting in Earth you should think of how to counter them the moment you go out of Earth. I know you’re a D/D player, remember you have Lingering Elements. Make the most out of the 5 seconds after you leave Earth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Ughhh
I can’t wait until I can try out a 30/0/30/0/0 conjure staff build with burn on crit for that blind every 5 seconds and reduction of all berzerkers I meet to soldier damage.

in Elementalist

DeckerDontPlay.1639

You would go into earth to nullify the backstab. Gain control of the fight with earthquake, leave earth attunment with prot and then smart use of utilities such as arcane shield and mist form and skills such as shocking aura and updraft to control/mitigate/nullify following backstabs. Earth attunment has a 10 sec CD = no crit and more prot

Just to be clear, I’m just saying this trait has potential.

There appears to be a definition problem. Can you define what you mean by burst?

Ummmm…..no

Instead, you should maybe investigate. If you don’t have an understanding of what is being argued such as burst which should only have a single definition…….then why are you in this conversation…………….DOT DOT DOT

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

(edited by DeckerDontPlay.1639)

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

From little to none fighting chance at all to being immune to their burst. That’s a really big change. During the time you’re sitting in Earth you should think of how to counter them the moment you go out of Earth. I know you’re a D/D player, remember you have Lingering Elements. Make the most out of the 5 seconds after you leave Earth.

Immune while in a attunement that is no threat. That is the problem. Sure immune to crits in that attunement but then you are no threat. Have we actually had that Lingering Elements will work with this trait yet? i would actually hold off assuming that it will work until it has been confirmed.