Condi Cleanse outside water.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Qori.9671

Qori.9671

What do you guys think if we had a trait that was : remove a condition when you apply fury to yourself ? Put it in the fire line somewhere. Maybe where one with fire or power overwhelming is.

This will maybe open up some other options to play Fire/Arcane/X type builds. Since you would lose a condi whenever you swap attunments and also you could trait fire to blast fire field to remove a condi.

Was just trying to think of something that wouldn’t really buff the usual meta builds but open up a new way to remove condi outside water.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

I don’t play pvp and even I know that this would be way too op.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wulf.5431

Wulf.5431

The problem is if you give another line as much condi clear as water, you could take that line AND water and conditions would roll off you nuthin.

in Elementalist

Qori.9671

yeah . But arcane/water/fire doesn’t seem like something people would want to do. They lose out on earth , air or a specialization trait line. With all the condi bombs flying around , it doesn’t even seem as OP as it would have years ago lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

yeah . But arcane/water/fire doesn’t seem like something people would want to do. They lose out on earth , air or a specialization trait line. With all the condi bombs flying around , it doesn’t even seem as OP as it would have years ago lol

Arcane/water/fire is a great wvw roaming setup, and the best condi cleanse combo (out of tempest, maybe better than tempest for self cleanse).

Also, if someone specs to deal conditions, its fair that you need to partially spec to deal with them. We are stuck with water because everyone specs so much into condi, if no one did and everyone was all about burst, then we would be going earth for dmg reduction.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

Ele is forced into water for condi cleanse because of the Cleansing Water synergies, due to many regeneration procs on traits, utilities (with traits) and weapon skills.

Base ele water-only is not enough, that’s one of the reasons arcana/water is a must for base ele. Tesmpest has potentially more regeneration procs with its traits, and the water overload.

The Weaver traitline, unless they fix Unravel Hexes, has no other source of cleansing and no regeneration procs. That means that a Weaver may require the Arcana/Water combo like base ele, killing diversity and any dream of dps build viable in PvP/WvW.

In conclusion, YES, Ele needs condi cleansing outside of water for PvP/WvW, even more with the new Elite.

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

in Elementalist

Qori.9671

Yeah , I figured water would still be more taken because of the regen , cantrip CD , and cleansing water trait. But if you wanted something more like fire/air/X , either arcane or a specialization , it would help somewhat to have some form of clear without the heals.
Even air/fire with aura’s grant fury would be a little help without using arcane to proc fury all over the place.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

My ideas from another thread.
What I would love to see is some more reasonable condi- cleansing utilites, and for some grandmaster traits to be reworked.

Example.
Cleansing Fire: I think should have a 25 second CD, and have the burning duration reduced by 1.5s.

Signet of Water: The active should remove 3 condies, while the passive would grant increased healing power and regen for 4s every 10 seconds

Conjure Earth Shield: Fortify: Should remove 11 conditions and grant resistance for 2seconds when it naturally expires.

Glyph of Elementals: Summoning Fire should give might, air =fury, water = resistance, earth=stability in a 240 radius of the summoned elemental.

Then I would fix unravel hexes to work with all conditions OR
On invigorating strikes I would add “remove a condition when you gain barrier”

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Fire has the “Burning Fire” trait…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

The solution is simple. Nerf water condi cleanse and add condi cleanse to other line.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Even running Water, Tempests in WvW also have to run Trooper runes and run mostly tempest shout utilities to get the condi clear proc from the runes. If we’re lucky, all of the above just might clear half the condis applied by an enemy group, so it takes 4 seconds to die instead of 2…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Fire needs a when you hit some one with fire on them you lose a condi.
Air needs a condi clear on inturipation or just hard cc like lighting rod.
Earth has the clear that way it should already.
Arcain needs clear on arcain skill use or some how have clear on the arcain skill them self (looking mostly at the heal skill).
Tempest needs clear on shouts.
Weaver needs clear on some of its statces say the pulsing barror.

Water condi clear needs a buff but a pure support buff when you clear condis on other ppl heal that person for each condi. As things stand ele is going to fall way behind soon for support with the up and coming elite spec. And there no real benfit to cleaing condis for the ele other then cleaning them and we will never seen condi conversion on ele.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Elementalist

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

As I revenant main, I find ele’s complaining about a lack of cleansing options hilarious…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

As I revenant main, I find ele’s complaining about a lack of cleansing options hilarious…

My friend, ignorance is a sin.

Burning Fire from Fire trait line and Diamond Skin from Earth trait line are not even considered “options” individually. Eles are still locked to Water trait line if they want reliable cleanses.

Instead of whining that Revs have much worse cleanses than Eles, why not ask for a buff too as both classes need better cleanses for more build diversity? Ignorant people can be so petty.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Im sorry,

but diamond skin and burning fire are options.
Yes you need water for a bruiser spec to be reliable against condi. But its expected.

You cant put condi removals on all traitlines and call it balanced. The suggestions by Jski are just blatant OP and crazy.

If your oponents are traiting for condi, you should trait for cleanse. Or trait to finish them (or run) before the condis take you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Burning Fire from Fire trait line and Diamond Skin from Earth trait line are not even considered “options” individually. Eles are still locked to Water trait line if they want reliable cleanses.

Instead of whining that Revs have much worse cleanses than Eles, why not ask for a buff too as both classes need better cleanses for more build diversity? Ignorant people can be so petty.

Oh, Rev’s would dream to have “worse cleanses.” We have… Leadership Runes. And then one condi every 10 second on legend swap if traited.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Im sorry,

Yes you need water for a bruiser spec to be reliable against condi. But its expected.

You cant put condi removals on all traitlines and call it balanced. The suggestions by Jski are just blatant OP and crazy.

If your oponents are traiting for condi, you should trait for cleanse. Or trait to finish them (or run) before the condis take you.

Take note: Individually

Have we ever seen a viable build with only Fire or Earth alone? Burning Fire is very unreliable and can’t be properly used as the sole cleanse trait. Same goes with Diamond Skin as you need to maintain above 75% HP and has a “on-hit” requirement which is a big no-no for non bruiser builds.

These are solid options for secondary cleanses but not as a primary one, which would lock you into Water. Another option would be prioritize all your Sigils and Runes to cleansing which is not a real solution to the lack of build diversity.

I agree that Water Trait Line cleanses must be nerfed a bit and then they should distribute cleansing traits around other lines. Simply leaving Water trait line as is then adding similar cleanses on other lines is blatant OP.

Oh, Rev’s would dream to have “worse cleanses.” We have… Leadership Runes. And then one condi every 10 second on legend swap if traited.

There you go again whining “Oh we are poor Revs cry me a river”. Is it that hard to understand the words “ask for buffs, both classes need it”?

in Elementalist

Qori.9671

[/quote]

you have more than that. Some of your legends slot skills remove 3 condi’s. Probably just not the legends you want to use because it isn’t what you wanna play , same with Eles, except we Have to play those traits or we die like a mesmer clone.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

you have more than that. Some of your legends slot skills remove 3 condi’s. Probably just not the legends you want to use because it isn’t what you wanna play , same with Eles, except we Have to play those traits or we die like a mesmer clone.

It’s a bit more complicated than that. Those condi cleanse/heals are tied to the tablet so in order to take advantage of them you gotta end up doing a whole other level of micro there on the tablet. In game modes where you’re constantly on the move (IE: WvW) this is pretty much impossible which is why you rarely if ever see it out there.

Now if they made us count as the tablet…then yes it’d be simply having to give something else up for their own defense like the Eles do with the water line.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Im sorry,

You do realize that because one class is weak to one type of dmg but strong vs other (lets not get into boon and buffs that are so powerful that make condi dmg pointless nearly invaluably level to condis) is not a reason for a class to be weak to both types.

Rev has a high physical dmg counter and very strong boon related condi counter. Ele has some physical dmg counter but its condi counter is very weak unless you go all in. The thing is when an ele gose all in to counter condis it cant comply counter it. A all in condi class can out do the clears an ele can do.

Its going to get a lost worst as they add in the new elite spec. for both out put of condis AND being able to support vs conids (this is where the ideal of cleaning conids on other players should heal that player much like one of the book skills on the new gurds elite spec.)

Diamond skin only works well vs large groups of players who are always making it trigger and when your a very heal / tankly build. Cleansing fire is worthless as a passive even the active is not that good. The thing is both of these are much stronger if your running water line making water line all the more needed the problem that all of this is about.

By adding aggressive tools on fire and air to clear condis it lets ele get into fights and be rewarded for the high risk of being a light armor class going into melee or to land high dmg (staff realty would not get much out of the burning effect and its burst cc would not help during the right times).

Tempest needs something more support aimed with it shouts (maybe a blut conversion 1 condi into might over just giving out might on a shout will be a good chose over reg/vigor on auras.)

The weave is a melee class with no hard conter boon or effect to condis that is doom for the class type adding in a small slow clear ever 40 sec is not that big of a deal and may be to weak.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chapter_2:_Radiant_Recovery

Like effect is what i want to see on cleaning water making it a true support others and not the self support that it is now.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)