Condi Ele Build

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbyx4gjDAEFm4yQRIbUeMTO2A-j0xAIuASVAJPA59ioxWjLiGrSmIqWbjJDAzaA-w

They didn’t have this site updated with the new runes, but replaces the runes I put in there with the superior rune of perception. This increases condition damage, 20% to apply 3 stacks of condition damage on hit (15s cool down) and apply 5 stacks of confusion on interrupt. Since it is dagger dagger, you have potentially 2 interrupts with air aura and another interrupt with earth 4. Not sure if updraft interrupts at all. Against a bad player who will hit your air aura twice, he will get 10 stacks of confusion. That is roughly 1.8k damage per tick.

The reason why most condition ele builds are unsuccessful is because we have a low health pool and somewhat low toughness, thus we can’t out survive our conditions. The sigils I chose both apply bleeding. I have about 30% crit chance with fury in this build, so the 60% chance to apply bleed is worth it.

The most important thing is to make sure you hit the entirety of drake’s breath on the enemy, then switch to earth and apply as much bleeds as you can. After, switch to lightning and apply a weakness to an enemy (this is mostly so the bleed/burn has a condition to hide behind) or go into air and use air aura for confusion. Go into water when needed or when you need a freeze condition to hide your damage conditions.

Some things to note

You will have a harder time against other conditon bunker builds. I find myself having trouble with warriors due to their high hp pools and somewhat decent condition removal.

We don’t have 20k hp so learn to kite some enemies.

This build plays similar to dapheonix’s build due to the low condition duration.

Sometimes you simply will not apply enough pressure to the enemy to take them down. Know which enemy to run from/kite and which to focus.

Some easy to kill classes are traditional thieves, berserker warrior (with proper kiting), berserker guardian, other elementalists, non-bunker rangers, most mesmers.

Watch out for necros, high hp warriors, condition removal guardians, bunker elementalists, condition bunker rangers.

Bad Elementalist

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Very nice! This is like the bunker ele support condition build I have been talking about for a while. I am very glad someone has had the will to try something like this.
I believe this build is working because when you are a bunker you deal low damage, and conditions require less resources to deal equivalent damage compared to direct attacks, which enables you to focus more on healing and toughness.
What you are truly surprising me with is the idea of being able to apply confusion like this, I think this is quite clever and I thank you for being innovative!
Can you post some videos?
One remark: aren’t those sigils sharing ICDs?
How about more apothecary gear?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

(edited by Zelyhn.8069)

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

I am always confused about this: do weapon-swap and on-crit sigils share a cooldown? If so you wouldn’t be getting any use from your Sigil of Earth because your Sigil of Doom would always be on cooldown.

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I guess my two main questions on this build:

1. Why use a Sigil that revolves around crit % when you have 8% chance to crit? The same goes with “Renewing Stamina” in the Arcane line?

2. How does this handle the reduced Condition Duration builds that are very prevalent today in WvW? My warrior runs around with -60% condition duration and -93% against any form of Chill/Immobilize/Cripple. Even your own build takes advantage of the “Lemongrass Soup” and “Geomancer’s Freedom” acknowledging the issue but doesn’t appear to account for it?

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Dammit, I was waiting for the site to update to post this build :-D.
Props mate!
Ele has one strong lackluster though. A strong conditionbuild needs easy accsess to poison.
Still not sure if I will give it a shot because of that. Though I have started gathering the ressources.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

poison is only good for the -33% healing. If that is the case you can switch out the sigil of geomancy for one that applies poison. I am not sure about sharing the internal cooldown. if that is the case then switch it out.

Apothecary gear is the second choice. You lose out on toughness for healing power. I find toughness more reliable defense though.

I used the sigil for crit because elementalist gets permanent fury and i have 28% crit chance.

I don’t have a good computer atm to record so I am currently stuck on my laptop.

Bad Elementalist

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

also, haven’t tested against condition duration builds. Given the fact that most of my damage would come from drake’s breath, I see you having a hard time. Good thing these warriors are easy to kite. They would still have a hard time if you landed a churning earth on them though. Don’t underestimate air auto attack still. It will give you the pressure you need when they are at low hp

Bad Elementalist

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

also, haven’t tested against condition duration builds. Given the fact that most of my damage would come from drake’s breath, I see you having a hard time. Good thing these warriors are easy to kite. They would still have a hard time if you landed a churning earth on them though. Don’t underestimate air auto attack still. It will give you the pressure you need when they are at low hp

So essentially you don’t account for it at all.

At -60% condition duration the burn would last for around 5 seconds (for the entire breath) which is around equal damage to the base damage of the attack itself (before mitigation) and is also has a duration equal to the recharge meaning you’d pretty much have to permanently stay in Fire to keep burn on your opponent.

Your build is neat. Seems like you essentially swapped in Condition Damage for Power out of the normal Bunker builds. Unfortunately you don’t seem to account for any of the additional challenges that Conditions are presented with due to game mechanics basically leaving you with just a super Bunker build not really focused on any kind of damage at all as your weak direct damage will be as low as your potentially as weak conditions. If that works for ya, cool beans.

Also I’m not seeing your source of Fury other than Arcane Fury which is around 3 seconds every 9 seconds or so from swaps meaning only a 33% up time. Hopefully that’ll be enough to keep the proc cool down going.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

This is gw2 there is never a build that can beat every other build. it will last about 5s ticking at about 680 per tick. It does only like 3k damage. If you are solo roaming simply run. If not, let your team mates deal with it. And the Arcane Fury 33% up time is probably not that great now that I do the math. Experiment with the sigils. There are probably better ones out there.

Bad Elementalist

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

This is gw2 there is never a build that can beat every other build. it will last about 5s ticking at about 680 per tick. It does only like 3k damage. If you are solo roaming simply run. If not, let your team mates deal with it. And the Arcane Fury 33% up time is probably not that great now that I do the math. Experiment with the sigils. There are probably better ones out there.

I can respect that.

Yea if you’re more focused on this style of combat most likely Corruption or simply Force for additional damage could likely fall into place since there’s already an “On Swap”

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

I would probably switch out sigil of earth for doom So I can have a 66% upkeep of poison. Then I would switch out the sigil of geomancy for some type of on crit sigil. Putting a sigil of force isn’t worth it when you have 980 power. 5% of that is nothing.

Bad Elementalist

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

They would still share ICDs as far as I know.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

I would probably switch out sigil of earth for doom So I can have a 66% upkeep of poison. Then I would switch out the sigil of geomancy for some type of on crit sigil. Putting a sigil of force isn’t worth it when you have 980 power. 5% of that is nothing.

All sigils which have a cooldown share the cooldown. An on-swap and and on-crit sigil will bugger each other’s cooldowns, depending on which procs first. Corruption would probably be the best choice for a 2nd sigil with this build, or maybe stamina for zerg fights.

I ran a build like this on my engineer for a while and considered it on elementalist. Thinking of a signet aura version maybe to increase burn uptime and might.

A couple changes I’d consider are:
1) The runes, perhaps adventure for an extra dodge every 15 sec, or undead to boost toughness even more.
2) Change geomancer’s freedom to rock solid. Stability guarantees ether renewal heals. It’s also aoe, so unless you’re running solo it helps the team immensely.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

can you confirm rock solid is applied to yourself as well. It says nearby allies. Also it is only 2 seconds. I would prefer geomancer’s freedom for the kiting ability. The runes were picked solely for applying large amounts of confusion. Undead runes would be a second choice.

Bad Elementalist

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Yes, it applies to yourself as well as the 4 closest allies. As far as I know, all “applies to allies” effects include your character as an “ally”. Bad wording, but yeah, it’s an MMO….

I use boon duration runes or food to get at least 50% boon duration making it 3 sec. Doesn’t sound huge, but with 30 arcana, that’s about 30% uptime on one of the rarest and most useful boons (not considering armor of earth from trait and utility, and outside sources such as guardian shouts). Getting stunlocked is what kills most of the time, in my experience, which is pretty limited. Depends what the meta is in your matchups.

Definitely nothing wrong with geomancer’s freedom, especially if soloing. In that case consider Melandru runes, it’s a small hit to condition damage but massively increases your kiting ability. It also helps with stunlock trains, and also allows you to switch to saffron bread (check it out if you haven’t, it’s a great snack).

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Condi Ele Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Since gw1 Anet uses “allies” for yourself and your allies and “other allies” for everyone around you except yourself.